Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    i want a system like the old pvp titles back, not require you to have certain title for certain gear, but i'd like to be able rank up in random bgs again :P and the ability to see other peoples honorkills, why was that even removed, loved inspecting people to see how many kills they got.
    I agree with the honorkills thing, infact I was looking for some kind of interface addon that would atleast allow me to look at my own stats the old way. A friend of mine was also saying the same, about how he would inspect players to see how many kills they had, especially the High Warlords. It was a really small thing that a lot of people liked.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Deleted
    Week long AV's. That would give us PPV'ers something to do rather than *queue-lose-requeue* HK farm all weekend!

Deleted
    i Liked attunments, the first time i did them, it was kind of cool getting the key to kharazan, but when i got my 2nd 70 i was like fuck that, not doing that again.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    I agree with the honorkills thing, infact I was looking for some kind of interface addon that would atleast allow me to look at my own stats the old way. A friend of mine was also saying the same, about how he would inspect players to see how many kills they had, especially the High Warlords. It was a really small thing that a lot of people liked.

i did it in every bg, inspect all my team to see how many had more kills than me :P

no clue why they removed it. maybe it was something to do with kills being merged across all your characters, i don't know.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by NaxxAndFries View Post
    Week long AV's. That would give us PPV'ers something to do rather than *queue-lose-requeue* HK farm all weekend!

i think thats what they are hoping Ashran will turn out to be, but i don't see it happening.

though ive not kept up with development with WoD since blizzcon really :P

Jesus these forums are sad. It's filled with people constantly praising/destroying the same things calling them the most fun/dreary items in the game. The WoW player base no longer has the time to raid several nights a week, to spend hours a day farming, and wait around for 40 people to get their crap together. The WoW player base now has lives, families, and work.

- Attunements in the form of big epic quests.
    - Gated content. Wanna go next raid? Do the previous.
    - Hard heroic dungeons TBC style.
    - Good old 6 hours Alterac Valley.

And a new one! Put global chats server-wide so you don't have to stay in the cities to look for groups.

Does that make me a masochist?

Deleted
    oh i know one, remove this bloody spam filter thing so i can type more than 2 messages a minute in general chat /rage

this really ruins my fun of talking shit in general / trade chat.

Quote Originally Posted by Bumkin View Post
    Wow atm is boring, dull, very easy and everything is handed to you once you reach max lvl. Some stuff i would personally love to see back and im sure it would benefit the game:

-Attunements: they gave you something to work on when you dinged max lvl, it hyped up the raids and gave them more value, it made you travel all over the world and through dungeons to uncover a story and made YOU an important part of the story and it was just awesome. Now when you ding max lvl you imediately jump into LFR, the raids dont feel epic at all, you can leave the raid whenever you want with little to no penalty, its boring.

-Farming for stuff at max. lvl: what happened to farming, i remember in vanilla and TBC ppl at max lvl were out there in the world farming stuff either for raids or to craft an epic or something, now you have everything you need, nobody farms anymore or they use bots, farming made the world feel alive, it also gave you something to do at max lvl, it made you meet other players from your realm, creating rivalries and spontaneous world events.

-40 man raids : the more ppl you have the more epic the feeling, i know most of you will say that its hard to recruit and coordinate 40 ppl, but back in vanilla there were guilds that did it succesfully and we had world firsts competition aswell.
    -Attunements would be fine if done carefully, namely reserve it for mythic level raiding. Putting them in for the LFR or PuG group won't work, those are the players that did not get to raid until the very end of BC. Now that most of that crowd has gotten a taste for raiding, putting in a new obstacle won't sit well with them.

-I think people continue to farm, I still do. However, people are so spread out now with the game world being much larger these days.

-To hear many Vanilla raiders either reminisce or b**** about 40-man raiding, it sounded like a large percentage of players were either afk'ing during trash pulls or relegated to being a "buff/debuff b****" during boss encounters. 40-man's might be something that could be successfully implemented in a LFR environment but I seriously doubt that a sizable majority of raid leaders are going to want to manage and put together a raid that large with the kind of player that is available today. In the past, you could threaten to gkick someone from guild if they did not come to raid prepared or on time, that usually worked in getting people motivated. Raid spots were much harder to come by especially since PuGs never got anywhere. Now players just tell you to f*** off before they gquit, no one is nearly as desperate or excited to raid anymore.

Edit: I remember when my first raiding guild invited me to come to Karazhan on my Holy Paladin. I couldn't get down there fast enough! That was how it was during much of my time the rest of the expansion up through Tier 6, even as a regular member of the team, I was always one of the first to get to the instance, gear gem'd and enchanted (reforging didn't exist yet), plenty of mana pots, flasks, food, weapon oil, and reagents for buffs.

The one guy that always had to hearth and go respec, making the rest of us wait another 30 minutes, used to drive me nuts. As much as I don't like the new talent system for it's simplicity, it is nice having something that can be switched out on the fly today.
    Last edited by Laerrus; 2014-05-14 at 01:34 AM. Reason: Reminiscense

10+ Year Old Account
    More indoor raids that have their own theme and atmosphere

There's really nothing Blizzard could "bring back" that would bring back the magic that once was. Most of my enjoyment was encountering something new, figuring it out, going with that for a while, and then moving on.

Brain damage would work, but that's really not worth the trade off for me, and also not something Blizzard should look into inflicting on current/former players.

Crank out the content without 8+ month pauses between major patches and I'm a happy camper. Well, I was. In the mean time, I'm getting my NEWNESS fix from other sources.
    "Bananas, like people, sometimes look different when they are naked." Grace Helbig

10+ Year Old Account
    Bring back competent players and remove the spoiled "I want it now" people and the game will be great.
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people - Martin Luther King, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by Lycefli View Post
    Actually, a fair few of them do want to be challenged, just not in a way that sucks their life away.
    Exactly. A lot of players (and sadly, the developers) can never seem to see the difference between skill tests and mandatory grinding.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SLRRP View Post
    Jesus these forums are sad. It's filled with people constantly praising/destroying the same things calling them the most fun/dreary items in the game. The WoW player base no longer has the time to raid several nights a week, to spend hours a day farming, and wait around for 40 people to get their crap together. The WoW player base now has lives, families, and work.
    They did before hand too, at least I did, same with the guild I was in during TBC.............the thing is we didn't use it as an excuse to suck and hold people back and to get the devs to hand shit to us.
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people - Martin Luther King, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by Itisamuh View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycefli View Post
    Actually, a fair few of them do want to be challenged, just not in a way that sucks their life away.

Some games have been short, yet incredibly hard. That is pretty much a dead art today.
    Exactly. A lot of players (and sadly, the developers) can never seem to see the difference between skill tests and mandatory grinding.
    The fair few players which "want to be challenged, just not in a way that sucks their life away" are playing the wrong game. FPS/RTS/MOBA titles are all about "instant challenge, instant gratification". No progression, no ramp up, no grinding... unlike RPG titles, traditionally entrenched into the "work now, fun later" paradigm. Not that WoW ever was a proper RPG, still its roots should be fairly obvious.

Quote Originally Posted by NaxxAndFries View Post
    That's the plan for Ashran, hopefully it works out.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    oh i know one, remove this bloody spam filter thing so i can type more than 2 messages a minute in general chat /rage

this really ruins my fun of talking shit in general / trade chat.
    They should just make a separate uncapped blab channel.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Deleted
    The funny thing is- to make the game fun again, you need to remove some stuff that makes casuals cry.

Eyes of the Beast

If they re-introduce that ability, subscriptions will rise and forum complaints will go down.

Bring back a time when there was no LFR

I was really miffed when they made Costume effects out-of-battle only. Apparantly they did the change for PVP reasons, but it removed a large chunk of fun for me.

I loved being able to use Noggenfoggers and turn into a skeleton as a Feral Druid, and being able to charge, sprint and pounce all over the place. And it was one of the few methods I could use to not stare at Bear ass the entire time in a raid. They give us so many toys, but they don't let us use em where it matters

10+ Year Old Account
    Darker nights. Different kinds of weather effects, snow, thunderstorms, etc. (Have they ever existed btw?) In all my years of playing WoW I've only seen it occasionally rain in Loch Modan. And quivers for hunters! Just a simple cosmetic item to be put on your back.

Lets see... what else... the 5% passive crit buff for fury warriors. 'Twas removed a long time ago. I loved it. But us warriors got slapped in the cock by Blizzard, as per usual, and decided it would be time for another nerf.

Attunements, hmm. Maybe. But I certainly am not looking forward to an endless grindfest. And as for 40-man raids, no thanks. Raiding with 25 people is already a mess and enough as it is, I've been in a progressive raiding guild for a short amount of time while doing raids like ToT, it was terrible. I would certainly not want 40 people derping around. Also, with all the spell effects these days, having a bunch of mages, warlocks and priests causing your fps to drop by 60 frames isn't fun.
    "The sword is mightier than the pen, and considerably easier to kill with."

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffseid View Post
    Bring back a time when there was no LFR
    I'm curious why people keep talking about how bad LFR is - just don't use it if you hate it so much? Problem solved?

It did get heaps worse with Timeless Isle which shortened the time needed for freshly dinged toons to jump in there, sure.

And I've no idea how bad it is now, with level 90 boosts available, as I'm unsubbed.

But I vividly remember the time when I enjoyed it big time.