Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Varchuti View Post
    As someone who has only PvP'd in MoP(even that has been briefly), how does one prepare? What are the must haves? I'm considering buying a Garrosh carry for heirlooms(/bye gold).

Professions aren't going to mean as much damage wise, should I pick up leatherworking on leather wearers and so-on?

How much gold would be a good baseline to enter WoD with?

Generally how are you ladies and gents preparing?
    Don't buy a Garry carry (at least not for the heirloom). They are boosting the heirloom drops to a guaranteed drop for each toon... and the flex is just as good while leveling as the norm one.

Like others have said, stacking up some gold is a great idea.. With the ability (as I understand) to get items from other professions from your helpers in garrison and the decrease of profession bonuses I'd be willing to bet that the item enhancements are gonna run a pretty penny.

If you have alts, now is the time to finish getting them level capped and grabbing some welfare isle gear... it'll make it much easier to level them once the expac launches. Also, it'll let you evaluate some other classes if your main gets hit too hard.

Gold wise, it's hard to say. I'd go with somewhere between 25-35k just for the garrison, initial enhancements, etc..

Quote Originally Posted by caninepawprints View Post
    No, do not purchase a Garrosh carry. It's unnecessary and the gear would be replaced immediately anyway. Are you talking about the heirloom item? That isn't guaranteed to drop at all, and then you'd be stuck without any gold and nothing to show for it.
    Guaranteed drop at 6.0

Heirlooms are going to be BIS until raids start IIRC, depending on the price I think it would be worth to at least get a flex/normal boost.

Deleted
    If you're in a somewhat progression guild and want to jump into mythic raid content asap then I'd say:

-Gather around 200k gold - For BoE items if you can't craft them yourself

-Flasks/Pots/Food for fast questing to zoom to 100 (You can see the pretty flowers after your 100)

-Make sure your bags are emptied as much as possible from old quest items or random toys etc.
    *Under this make sure you have the biggest bags available

-Get your character you will be playing @ 100 the best gear possible even if its just minor upgrades
    *2/2 upgraded - enchanted etc.

-Try and acquire an heirloom before WoD although not really all that needed it could be useful

-Make sure your professions you'v got are maxed out and ready to level up asap. I wouldn't recommend gathering MoP materials to boost the levels a bit at the start its a bit of a waste of time.

-Make sure any MoP Materials and that sort of thing have been sold before WoD drops.

- If you're planning on going for 100 without taking a break remember to stretch your legs occasionally even just a quick walk outside and back to keep the blood pumping!

There's probably loads of other stuff that could be done to prepare but this is the only stuff I can think of at the moment, I'm already selling items I don't really need and MoP mats since most enchants/flasks are cheap as chips on the auction house anyway.
    I won't really begin preparing untill we have a proper release date though or at least untill beta is well under way. No point preparing yourself for a 6 month wait.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderTaco View Post
    Guaranteed drop at 6.0

Heirlooms are going to be BIS until raids start IIRC, depending on the price I think it would be worth to at least get a flex/normal boost.
    It depends where the cut off is, I mean surely a flex heirloom isn't going to be BiS untill raid gear. If it is then heroic ones would be brokenly over scaled I think.
    I'm imagining that with my heroic heirloom will be replaced with a LFR weapon or CM daily random weapon. Or possibly a decent quest chain weapon perhaps. it'll be interesting to see how it all goes though.

I wonder if Blizzard will charge us for alternate timeline riding training so we can use our ground mounts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Varchuti View Post
    I'm considering buying a Garrosh carry for heirlooms(/bye gold).
    You do know that you are not guaranteed to get an heirloom from Garrosh, right? Some people in my guild didn't get their first until after ~15-16 kills. So don't spend gold expecting an heirloom.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderTaco View Post
    Guaranteed drop at 6.0
    Really? That's a bit lame considering how many guilds that are right now still farming Garrosh solely for the heirlooms.

Quote Originally Posted by NSrm View Post
    Personally, i try to finish of certain things before WoD. Most of it being MoP stuff, examples; MoP Archaeology, MoP reps, MoP mountruns, pets whatever.

Also more importantly is CMs, Brawler and Legendary cloaks these will be come unobtainable.
    CMs - that is confirmed
    Legendary - doubtful
    Brawlers - doubtful

Best advice is:

> Get a nice store of gold saved up. Prices can be high and materials in short supply in those first months of an expansion.

> Clear out any unnecessary bag and bank items. Obviously save your transmog stuff and "toys" (since they are apparently getting their own space, or will soon), but anything that can really go should go.

Otherwise, I personally play it by ear expansion to expansion. I like to have the gold "cushion" for whatever expenses might arise. And bag room is at a premium.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uhh what would you need to prepare for?
    I assume by the responses you meant "what content should I do before WoD comes out."

Main one I'd say is Challenge Modes. They are a TON of fun, and do not need any special gear for. They are being removed this summer with 6.0's launch.
    Other than that, find flex for garrosh. You can wait until 6.0 actually comes out, as you'll have a 100 percent chance of getting the heirloom, but by then the wings will be gone, and you'll have to actually complete the entire thing to get a chance at garrosh.

So its probably worth trying now, especially if you don't have hours to dedicate to a full raid clear.

They are changing professions and everything else essentially, so the best way to prepare is read up on the changes posted here daily. That way, when they happen, you won't be overwhelmed.
    WoW Moderator and Staff Editor at Stratics-WoW!
    http://wow.stratics.com/ - A World of Warcraft Fansite dedicated to lively opinions on the important topics within the game.
    Co-owner of AcegamesTV!
    https://www.youtube.com/acegamestv - A general gaming network focused on high quality variety content!

If you aren't shooting for realm first levelling times theres not much you need to prepare for really. I like to finish any achievements I have left before the expansion as its easier to find groups for them now (So stuff like CM's/Raid and Dungeon Meta's) but if you aren't interested in them there's no real need to.

A garrosh heirloom might be nice for levelling but probably won't make or break your speed. They're making it 100% drop chance at 6.0 for your first heirloom so I'd possibly wait until then if you are buying a carry as right now you probably won't get one on your first kill.

Other than that if you have two crafting professions that you're planning on keeping save up some gold as crafting is very expensive at launch.

The day before the expansion you can do some dailies and hand them in after the expansion goes live to give you a bit of an XP boost and remember to clear your bags so you don't have a load of useless crap floating around. Thats pretty much it

Deleted
    I haven't been around for MoP and as a heirloom leveller across all my alts it's going to be weird without them, but I hope somehow liberating to see the new equipment.

Deleted
    I don't think that "average joe" prepares for anything in-game.

I've been emptying my gbanks and bank alts from old stuff, i mean, i still have some mats from vanilla... And getting more gold which i'm not using on anything. I don't care about challenge modes or raids. May finally try some brawler guild bosses for that heirloom fist weapon... dunno.

Though i think it would be wise to get old pvp sets for transmog for my alts now, as i think it's gonna be impossible to get any honor in WoD if i'm not pvping. (no justice=honor conversion) Already got all 3 cata pvp sets on my paladin by killing krasarang rares and doing IoT pvp dailies.
    Last edited by mmoc64ace7a841; 2014-05-13 at 03:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Blitheqt View Post
    Usually anything to do with Inscription is a good way to earn gold early on in the expansion, but they tend to decline as the expansion progresses. This could also be said about the crafting professions such as Blacksmithing, Leatherworking and Tailoring.

Enchanting and Jewelcrafting bring in a steady flow for almost all of the expansions cycle. Herbalism, Mining and Skinning are also quite profitable at the start, while eventually averaging out to a certain margin (unless you have massive amounts of bots on your server). Skinning I would say tends to return more profit than the latter two, but that could also be said because it can take longer to acquire the materials.

Alchemy is profitable if you specialize in transmutation. It's more profitable at the start of the expansion but is still worth it for the entirety of it. Your return just comes in clumps, and may seem like you're earning less because it's more sporadic.

Engineering is similar to Alchemy as well, but I've found it to be the specialization with the least amount of profit unless you're constantly buying materials to craft mounts, and then selling them in excess. This profession requires the most investment.
    Alch and Eng will depend entirely on what new stuff they have in WoD IMO. Generally speaking pots and flasks have slim to nil margins. Transmutes are probably a good bet... again depends. Probably won't be any more BS belt buckles which usually requires a transmute so that's out at least.

Crafting all depends on what they release each tier. Inscrip is good for DMF cards if they make more of those, as you say that peters out as the expansion continues. Disagree about ench and JC. It depends on your server - the problem with those professions is that EVERYONE thinks they're the best for gold so you have a lot of competition and therefore slim margins. Sometimes the yield curves even go negative. Unless you're willing to play the AH a LOT I wouldn't expect to make a lot of money out of it.

I personally find Tailoring bags a good steady income stream in most expansions. And other niche items - MoP was great for that, the Reborn weapons BS can craft or the Sky Golems. Made a fortune off those.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vulwulf View Post
    I haven't been around for MoP and as a heirloom leveller across all my alts it's going to be weird without them, but I hope somehow liberating to see the new equipment.
    What do you mean? Heirlooms are staying. In fact they get their own tab now so they don't take up inventory space and can be used cross account.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

I had set a few goals in preperation of WoD;

-Cover all 3 class roles to be lvl 90 by the launch of WoD.
    -Level all their proffesions to 600 (also to make a small profit and have a few pennies in their pockets).

As for preparations;

-Stock potions of luck, to have a slightly better chance on loot / gold / mats while questing/dungeons.
    -Gather alot of MoP mats to boost LW/BS/Ench a few points at launch.
    -Clear bank and bags (which should be no problem as toys and such are no longer stored in bank/bag but in a specific interface, just like we have our mounts/pets interface right now.)

Think that's about it.

I'm technically good to go. Was considering acquiring one of them newish wolf mounts from either Normal Garrosh or RBG reward, but it seems WoD dishes them out too. So I'll just renew my sub about a month before release to finish the Legendary quest line and do stuff.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

But was where Dalaran?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Farrath View Post
    I had set a few goals in preperation of WoD;

-Cover all 3 class roles to be lvl 90 by the launch of WoD.
    -Level all their proffesions to 600 (also to make a small profit and have a few pennies in their pockets).

As for preparations;

-Stock potions of luck, to have a slightly better chance on loot / gold / mats while questing/dungeons.
    -Gather alot of MoP mats to boost LW/BS/Ench a few points at launch.
    -Clear bank and bags (which should be no problem as toys and such are no longer stored in bank/bag but in a specific interface, just like we have our mounts/pets interface right now.)

Think that's about it.
    Pretty sure they only work in pandaria

Ahw crap, yeah you're right.

Well, that's one less point to take care off xD.