Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I reckon it'll be a CD for survival since it was in the same post about FF going back to MM and whatnot. I can't imagine a trap CD being fun to aim at your main target though if multiple enemies were around

Quote Originally Posted by Shockymonkey View Post
    I understand survival being the "trap spec". I also understand that's we don't know what bear trap will do but wouldn't it be better to just make snake trap better. If bear trap is anything like it was before it will have a root or possibly a stun and a dot most likely bleed damage. Bleed damage as survival doesn't make sense to me and we already have entrapment for root. Sure I guess a stun would be nice for PVP but survival is going I keep being a not so good spec for pvp even with bear trap. Now for PVE, will we be expected to fire bear trap in our rotation? If they are trying to focus on making traps better for survival try don't need to add new ones. Instead they need to make the current ones better. Would love if they removed trap launcher from the global cooldown.
    I don't see why bleed damage doesn't make sense with a spec based on traps. Have you seen what a real bear trap can do? Blood all over the place.

Quote Originally Posted by Manataurus View Post
    I don't see why bleed damage doesn't make sense with a spec based on traps. Have you seen what a real bear trap can do? Blood all over the place.
    Not to mention a new trap that does something unique to the other present ones (and giving the TRAP based spec a unique one) isn't really a bad thing. Wondering if it is a long CD trap since they couldve brought back immolation trap if they "wanted a pve rotation trap".

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe you won't have to actually aim and arm the trap. Maybe it just activates when you use it. Think like warrior banners, two of them you have to place and use, one is just placed down automatically

Quote Originally Posted by Kissthebaby View Post
    Maybe you won't have to actually aim and arm the trap. Maybe it just activates when you use it. Think like warrior banners, two of them you have to place and use, one is just placed down automatically
    Wouldn't that defeat the purpose of a trap? Why not make it a buff instead? >_<

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Artemishowl View Post
    Wouldn't that defeat the purpose of a trap? Why not make it a buff instead? >_<
    Idk it's speculation, but IMO survival is supposed to be about traps and as it is now, you rarely use them. The aoe slow trap is nice but rarely used, snake trap is a joke, explosive trap is a joke. Traps need to be atleast somewhat useful. Was kinda upset when they changed explosive trap to not proc lnl it was nice to change from ba when there were 2 or more targets. Now it's nerfed to shit and rarely used.

Quote Originally Posted by Manataurus View Post
    It's a spec based on magic and poison damage. I don't recall survival ever dealing bleed damage. Bleeds would be more suited for marksman imo. Don't get me wrong I would love an awesome new trap but I just don't get the point of adding a new trap when we have a shitty snake trap they could just make better.

I can't believe I went a whole day thinking we were going to get a trap that summons bears before realizing what type of bear trap it is....

On topic though, they could always steal the new SWTOR mechanic for ground targeted spells. When you hit the ability, you can double tap it and it will use it instantly under your target. Single tap allows you to place it, and you can swap these options in preferences. It would solve most ground target spells problems and make it less annoying if it ends up being a dps ability.

10+ Year Old Account
    do know what the spell even does? are we making the assumption from when it was made from the old one?

all we know this far is we are getting a bear trap. hmmm cant wait for beta to test it and see what it does
    Chaos! Madness! Like a hug for your brain!¯\(°_o)/¯
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpheus View Post
    People doing below 200k dps? Ain't nobody got time for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by smartazjb0y View Post
    Why? Why should content be gated behind skill?
    14/14h and finally done

Quote Originally Posted by Redpanda View Post
    do know what the spell even does? are we making the assumption from when it was made from the old one?

all we know this far is we are getting a bear trap. hmmm cant wait for beta to test it and see what it does
    "Bear Trap - When raiding with a druid tank, place a bear trap to snare and apply a bleed to said druid."

I was hoping it would summon sexy, hairy men folks.

I think it'll probably be the root+bleed though, sadly.

Obnoxious Patriots Fan Darth Belichick's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    What would be wrong with that? As long as the bleed was good enough that we would actually want to use it when we can.

(the joke was that I wanted it to summon big hairy gay men.)

Obnoxious Patriots Fan Darth Belichick's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    (the joke was that I wanted it to summon big hairy gay men.)
    Oh well, who doesn't?

I was hoping it would summon sexy, hairy men folks.

Winner of the internet for the day! +1

Quote Originally Posted by Feanoro View Post
    Falling through the world:
    - Durumu, unless you dismissed and then resummoned ON the platform before combat
    - Ji'kun, if you were on nest duty it was a crapshoot

Taking the scenic route:
    - Megara. Your choice of pet swimming the far side of the lake with Blink Strikes, or hoping the heads last long enough for Crows to not be a waste.
    - On the way to Nazgrim, if you jump down instead of clearing the warlocks and demons, better dismiss first. Fluffy's scared of heights.

No, I'm comfy here:
    - Spoils of Pandaria, where Blink Strikes lets Fluffy explore inside a box and nothing lives long enough for Crows to be worth it.
    - Garrosh's engineers, until you convince your raid leader that you're not kidding, Fluffy really is scared of heights.

Other forms of terrible:
    - Dark Shamans, pleading with your tanks not to hug Ashen Walls or having to keep your pet at your side until they're far away.
    - Thok, where the pet runs, starts to swing, realizes Thok ain't stopping, and resumes running. Repeat.

Don't get me wrong, I like the feel of having my pet at my side and all that, but this is at least an option for when Blizzard forgets for the millionth time that pets exist.
    I find your post very funny. (Funny written) ...Also I see it's kinda a bummer when trying to be good hunter.

I am somewhere along a similar thought process with this; they have spoken in the past about never wanting traps to have to be "launched" because it would add a layer of rotational clunkiness so I feel they will do something like this.

Holinka revealed sometime ago that Bear Trap is a strong root + bleeding damage effect. I imagine it's designed mostly to enhance Survival effectiveness in PvP and is not meant to be used in PvE. Or so I think.

So a 1 pet stampede.

Damn, I'd gone a long while thinking it was like Snake Trap but with Bears.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.