Page 1 of 2
LastLast

SoO - Garrosh Videos, PvP Hotfix, Azeroth Choppers Q&A, Blue Tweets, FinalBoss #41

[Datamined] Patch 2.0.5. Class Changes and Strings

Possible Naxx Pricing Structure Leak

Skin Spotlight: Blood Elf Tyrande

Siege of Orgrimmar - Garrosh Videos
    Today we are taking a few more interesting ways that players have killed (or tried to kill) Garrosh.

Garrosh Normal - 5 Player Kill

Garrosh Flex - Warlocks Tanks

Garrosh Heroic (Attempt) - 10 Death Knights
    It looks like they weren't very successful, but another EU Horde Death Knight group is trying Siege of Orgrimmar 25 this Sunday!

PvP Hotfix - Demonic Gateway and Ruby Hare
    It looks like we are getting a small hotfix to disable Demonic Gateway and Ruby Hare in rated PvP.

Azeroth Choppers: Ask the Bike Experts
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    For those of you keeping up with Azeroth Choppers, we recently introduced you to the Alliance and Horde teams here at Blizzard. Now we'd like to give you the opportunity to get to know the handpicked teams of bike experts that are bringing to life a pair of asphalt-kicking, World of Warcraft-inspired chopper designs.

If you have any questions for Paul Jr. and his crew about bike designs/fabrication, working with Horde and Alliance themes, the trials and tribulations they've faced in recent Azeroth Choppers episodes, or anything else along those lines, please share them here. Feel free to target your questions toward a specific team or individual designer too.

We'll be selecting interesting questions from the community and seeking out answers from the bike experts of teams Alliance and Horde over at Paul Jr. Designs.

You can learn more about Azeroth Choppers and view the latest episodes at AzerothChoppers.com.

Blue Tweets
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Classes
    Interested in the filtering of spell visuals. Will all major defensive and offensive CDs remain visible e.g. dark soul, pain sup
    Pain Sup yes. Dark Soul, usually. (Celestalon)

Question: Now that Vengeance is being separated from DPS, will AoE Vengeance DR continue to stay as Resolve or be reverted?
    Undecided yet. The reason we put it in does still stay valid. (Many little hits are less threatening than few big hits.) (Celestalon)

Will it be possible to turn off the spell culling? If you have a computer than can handle it you should be able to.
    Yes. (Celestalon)

What are some offensive/defensive cooldowns that you think have easy to read visuals? What ones get lost in the noise? (holinka)
    Shaman Ascendance is too flashy. Everyone can see it from a mile away, and your burst turns out to be worthless
    Actually, Ascendance is a great example of a cooldown with a spell effect that perfectly matches its significance. (holinka)
    Perhaps, and it might just be me comparing things to other burst - example, Tiger Eye Brew, which is hard to notice, in comparison
    The fix here is to make make Tiger Eye Brew easier to read, not make Ascendance more obscure. (holinka)

Death Knight (Forums / Skills / WoD Talent Calculator)
    How will Necrotic Plague interact with things like Chilblains?
    It will apply Chillblains. (Celestalon)
    Think the question is does stack increase apply the slow again or nplague actually make it harder to apply again
    Ah, yes, it would apply Chillblains. Nothing to worry about there. (Celestalon)

Hunter (Forums / Skills / WoD Talent Calculator)
    Insuring I understand, Hunters designed for mobility fights. Standard single target always intended to be low DPS? Seems unfair.
    Raid bosses aren't static target dummies; neither are enemy players. We balance classes for real PvE and PvP situations. (WatcherDev)

Monk (Forums / Skills / WoD Talent Calculator)
    Please explain why you are nerfing Touch of Karma in WoD ?
    We aren't. Touch of Karma is remaining exactly as strong as it was before. We just didn't double it along with player health. (Celestalon)
    Thx for the answear but you are nerfing TOK : it is reduced by 50% when other % health heals and absorbs are reduced by 25% !
    You're looking at it as an absorb. We don't see it that way; we see it as a damage ability that happens to absorb too. (Celestalon)

Paladin (Forums / Skills / WoD Talent Calculator)
    And Ret needs something Holy doesn't bring for RBG, cool, scalable for big groups and reliable. Like Solar, Grip, Knockback...
    Wary of adding a lot of unique utility to specific specs as we've seen how that has gone with PvE raid compositions. (holinka)

Priest (Forums / Skills / WoD Talent Calculator)
    Current Mastery levels give so many vt ticks so it we never can run oom when 2+ vts are up. This and SFiend regen is gone in WoD
    I think I already answer that concern. Mana will be a limitation on healing done, not on damage done. (Celestalon)

Warlock (Forums / Skills / WoD Talent Calculator)
    locks were never true tanks and would require them to rework a spec for the sake of an optional talent 2/2
    Yep. Changes required to make Prot a real DPS are trivial compared to what's required to make Demo a real tank. (Celestalon)

Warrior (Forums / Skills / WoD Talent Calculator)
    Sorry if you've already answered this elsewhere, but what made you guys decide that Prot. Warrior dps should be in the game?
    A) Sword+Board DPS is a strong fantasy that a lot of players are interested in. B) Required minimal changes to make. (Celestalon)
    Ultimately, it's an experiment, not a guarantee that we're going to go forward with it, or spread to all tanks. (Celestalon)

In order of impact: CSmash glyph, Ignite Weapon, ZRage, ZStance, Shouts. Rage going the way of DPS caster mana? Boring
    I think you may be confusing some customization options for mandatory gameplay changes. ZerkRage/Shouts changes raise the skill cap. (Celestalon)
    Yes but are you gonna be rewarded for sticking to the more complex rotations?
    Yes, but additionally I'd point out that Ignite Weapon is actually a more complex rotation. (Celestalon)

Is bladed armor gear expected to be sub-par to dps stat gear?
    No, above par. Bonus Armor will be your most valuable secondary stat as a Gladiator. (ie, same as Defensive Protection) (Celestalon)

Character / Items
    So when 6.0 hits, will any heroic Siege gear be made into Mythic gear?
    Yes - no change in item level or anything, just the green label to avoid confusion. (WatcherDev)

Achievements
    Will there be realmfirst achievements for reputation & challengemode like in MoP or are they also gone?
    We'll likely keep those. The race to max level in particular is what encouraged and rewarded use of borderline exploits. (WatcherDev)
    Uhh the rep is just as toxic as the level rush lol might want to rethink that one.
    I'm just speaking in general terms. That sort of rep achievement may not make sense at all in Warlords. (WatcherDev)

with change coming to UBRS, will we still be able to achieve Leeeeeeeeeeeroy! after WoD drops?
    That's a good question, not currently, but we will look into an alternative way for you to aggro 200 whelps (Muffinus)

PvE
    I'm hearing that I can go straight from LFG stuff to CM to Mythic and that excites me greatly.Right now you can zone in on Heroic if you find someone with a Normal clear; we're just removing that hurdle. (WatcherDev)
    I would not recommend trying Mythic raiding without any raid gear, but you CAN try it. (WatcherDev)

So some might still want to reach max level and preraid BiS in the first week the expansion launches right, like older launches?
    Of course, competitive players will seek every advantage - I wouldn't expect anything else. (WatcherDev)

So CM rewards NOT >/= Normal Raid Gear? As I understood, they were between Normal/Heroic Raid ilvl?
    No, CM rewards roughly equal to Raid Finder loot. Imagine 476 epics in 5.0, for a more direct analogy. (WatcherDev)

I'm still bitter that heirlooms have been gated behind a raid boss. Many altaholics don't raid. Just quest and explore
    Don't think of these as true heirlooms, but as raid loot that stays useful to 100. We'll add real 90+ heirlooms in the future. (WatcherDev)

Also I often hear: "Oh, crap let me go get my seals" in the middle of my raid. New system means they just go without.
    Yeah, we're still working through a solve for that. Agree it's problematic if you have to do it all pre-raid each week. (WatcherDev)

Why not make bonus roll tokens stay like they are now, where you buy up to 3/week with an uncapped currency?
    We'll have more details to share on the specifics in the future - but that's more or less how it'll work. (WatcherDev)

Getting a seal through garrisons officially makes the feature a chore for people who just want to raid.
    Pretty sure you're misunderstanding. You'll probably turn stuff in to get your bonus rolls at your garrison. (WatcherDev)
    That's not the same as "doing garrisons" to earn them. (WatcherDev)
    Plz make sure we can get all tokens for the week on Tuesday, the wording in the interview worried me.
    We will. (WatcherDev)

Will we have more than 3 choices for our 3 seal quests? What if our garrison is under attack? That makes for a horrid Tues.
    We're going to be very mindful of all those quality-of-life concerns. The goal here is more freedom, not less. (WatcherDev)
    No offense, but it doesn't feel that way. Feels inescapable treadmill + 3 long tasks for Tues on top of world boss before raid.
    Right, I mean that we're not going to design the system such that you have to do all of that on Tuesday before you raid. (WatcherDev)

that's what I like about the current system too. Nice to stockpile charms to have some 'time off' in future weeks
    Exactly - we want to preserve that flexibility. (WatcherDev)

Any plans to change heirlooms that become useless? Spirit mace for a spriest was my "spec" drop?
    Yeah, Spirit on those weapons is being replaced since we know it has no effect for hybrid nukers. (WatcherDev)

Are we going to see anything with normal raid lvl loot out of raid in WoD? Past had valor, craftable... now tuned to LFR?
    There will be a bunch of systems (garrisons, crafting, outdoor content, etc.) that can yield items on par with Normal raid loot (WatcherDev)
    WoD normal AKA Flex? In MoP craft/outdoor is normal AKA WoD heroic level gear. Is this nerf to craft?
    ...and some Heroic stuff at the high end. We're not nerfing those systems. (WatcherDev)

Please confirm that there will be no more cut scenes like after Council in ToT, unskippable.
    These are the hard-hitting questions that matter. Yes, there will not be any more unskippable scenes like that. (WatcherDev)

Will we ever see a boss again even the best guilds can't beat for over a month? Is it still possible? eg Kael Yogg 0 H Lich King
    Yogg-0 is valid, but it was viewed as a bonus and few were trying until Stars did it. Top guilds are pretty amazing nowadays. (WatcherDev)
    Kael was pretty much unkillable in 2.0; fixed in 2.1 and died shortly after. H-LK had limited attempts. (WatcherDev)

Did Garrosh HC with 1 tank 1 healer, it's unfortunate that this is possible; could you please make the debuff not reset on whirl
    Agree that it's unfortunate, but we're not going to make any changes that make the fight harder at this point. (WatcherDev)

Raid Finder and Heroic Dungeons
    New proposed LFR is very sad. It's really making me wish I never preordered WoD. Commit to a schedule or no tiered sets. Thanks.
    With Group Finder you should be able to do Normal without any fixed schedule - that's an essential goal for us. (WatcherDev)

Why will heroic 5 mans be harder than LFR yet give worse gear?
    LFR entails a larger time commitment, has a weekly lockout, and requires more people, even if lower personal responsibility. (WatcherDev)
    This doesn't feel like it's solving the "LFR required" problem that's been persistent through MOP :\
    Required for what, exactly? (WatcherDev)

alts also have zero option besides LFR, mains had it the best with that - if you kept up every tier
    There will be a number of options for alts. If you really don't want to touch LFR, you won't have to. (WatcherDev)
    If you're hoping for it to be completely irrelevant under all circumstances, then sorry, that's not happening. (WatcherDev)

That line about it's been difficult to look at a players gear & tell how awesome they are with shared art..So, LFR=Crap player?
    No, but clearly less time investment and _proven_ skill than a Mythic raider, no? Same for Gladiator vs. someone w/ BG Honor gear. (WatcherDev)
    I can't believe I even defended this change as compromise. This LFR change is _proven_ as stroking the epeens of snowflakes.
    The other side of this is improving the LFR experience (which we need to do), and significantly increasing loot yield. (WatcherDev)
    Increasing loot yield=LFR players not interested in stepping up unsubbing sooner once they have all their gear. Sound business?
    Honestly, I'd rather someone take a break until new content rather than leave frustrated after grinding for loot that doesn't drop (WatcherDev)
    But of course we want to offer diverse content to appeal to players, that isn't tied to just ticking off a list of raid drops. (WatcherDev)
    There you go LFR people, if you're not interested in stepping up Blizzard are happy to see you unsubscribe, you have your answer
    If that's what you got out of my reply, then I'm not sure where to go from there, sorry. (WatcherDev)

PvP
    full geared one. if everyone was close to the same ilvl it would make more sense, better for competition instead of getting rolled
    In Warlords we'll be increasing everyone's ilevel to a minimum point and dual ilevel let's us contract the spread a bit. (holinka)

any plans to give treants a pet bar its annoying when someone ccs out of a root beam and the treant breaks it?
    Not really. They are breaking with their wrath? What types of CC? (holinka)

.so skirmishes are back (yay!) but also for low level?
    yes low level too! (holinka)

i've read that skirmishes will work with MMR, but their goal isn't to meet random-level people ? Tell me more please.
    They'll have a minimum level of MMR for reasonable matchmaking, but the search will broaden aggressively to reduce queue times. (holinka)

I would say the pvp enchants have been a huge success in terms of appeal. Any chance wod will have them as well?
    Agree they were popular and we'd like to do them again (holinka)

can you put cross realm bgs into skirmish in WoD so guilds or rbg teams can challenge guilds on other severs plz
    Yes everything will be cross realm (holinka)
    think he meant wargames?not sure.
    Same answer (holinka)

My only concern with spectator mode is arena/rbg coaches. Spectator keeps an eye out for important things the players may miss.
    Spectator mode is only available for pre-arranged matches via War Games. (holinka)

With the changes 2 PvP coming in WoD, how are you going 2 balance 2 and 4pc PvE gear to work in PvP situations? Dont want it 2 OP.
    typically PvP set bonuses couldn't benefit throughput but now they can compete with PvE ones. (holinka)

Will we be getting new & interesting PvP set bonuses? If so will they change each season or stay the same for the xpac?
    Definitely new set bonuses to start the expansion. Every season could be interesting way to create flame wars each season (holinka)

Short version: Less reliance on color shifts. The more awesome you are, the more awesome you look. (holinka)
    what of armor sets kind of progressed. How LK naxx gear was kind of an upgrade to vanilla naxx.
    the elite and mythic sets will have various additions compared to the normal raid/conquest gear. Feels like an evolution. (holinka)
    are they just cosmetic(elite PVP gear) or is there finnaly a real power reward for higher rating?
    Cosmetic. We don't like attaching power to rating. (holinka)

PvEers have a huge pool of gear to try and make a min-max set. PvPers only get one p/spec. Could we get more options pleeease?
    Yes we'd like to find ways to get more variety in the PvP gear. (holinka)

Will there be different ways of obtaining cutting edge PvP gear other than via arena grind in WoD?
    Conquest gear will still come from doing Rated PvP, which we consider the toughest challenge players can face in WoW PvP. (holinka)
    with the arena and rbg caps being equal couldn't you cap conq thru randoms? Or no more RanBG conq?
    Yes you could, but it is very inefficient to do so. (holinka)

I'm not sure PvP gear needs > Mythic gear in WPvP. Time and effort to obtain much greater. Should probably equal PvP gear instead.
    The difference in ilevel between Conquest gear and Mythic gear will be quite minimal (maybe 5 ilevels). (holinka)

important pvp cast animations on opponent maintained I hope?
    Yes. (Celestalon)

Ok, serious quesiton: How do I win a random BG or CTA that is not IoC or AV as alliance? Is it mandatory to find a premade now?
    I've been winning EotS all weekend on my Alliance toons without a group. Not sure what to tell you. (holinka)

Best fun I had in game was in a tBC twink guildWent to Gurubashi on PTR to duelIs WoD PvP going to be a capture of twink culture?
    We're not making any special efforts towards twinks in Warlords (but we didn't specifically do things for twinks back then). (holinka)

Garrisons
    Personally hate garrison idea. How inconvenient will it be to avoid them? Looks difficult to level etc without them.
    What do you hate about it? (WatcherDev)
    followers, profession buildings, customization, quests... Basically everything we've been told.
    If you want no part of the garrison "minigame" (followers, upgrades, etc.) you can certainly opt out. Can't opt out of having one. (WatcherDev)
    but how much more difficult will it make things?
    Hard to quantify, but we're trying to make the system a bonus. We'll have lots more info soon (actual soon, not "Soon(TM)"). (WatcherDev)

Can you trigger a garrison attack? If not how often can they be?
    Still working out the details, feels fun when groups you've been killing counterattack, also feels fun when more random (Muffinus)

Can we invite other ppl to our Garrisons? I mean this is suppose to be Wow's version of housing so thats one of the point to me.
    Yes! We're trying to make as much garrison content support multiplayer as possible (invasions, random events, etc.) (Muffinus)

(Will Garrisons cost an absurd amount of money? Because my WoW toons are all poor.)
    Not currently, if you missed some plans by exploring the world, you can purchase them outright, but that's about it (Muffinus)

Warlords of Draenor
    The blizz forum post about 6.0 wasnt the advanced notice right? Like blizz will still give us a few weeks to get ready for 6.0?
    Right, no dates yet. Just giving ample advance notice so players can plan accordingly. (WatcherDev)

FinalBoss Episode #41 - Discipline Priests
    Draco, GM of EU's joins Derevka of US's to talk about PvE priest healing in this week's FinalBoss episode.

Last edited by chaud; 2014-05-13 at 07:51 AM.

5 player kill omg. I love this game, sometimes.

Deleted
    All this WoD stalling, I'm seeing that even the guys at MMO-C are tired of it, posting some BS videos/posts when we all want some WoD info.

I guess we all have to wait till June, so Wildstar gets released and Blizzard finally pulls its head out of its arse and gives us something.

Quote Originally Posted by Endre View Post
    All this WoD stalling, I'm seeing that even the guys at MMO-C are tired of it, posting some BS videos/posts when we all want some WoD info.

I guess we all have to wait till June, so Wildstar gets released and Blizzard finally pulls its head out of its arse and gives us something.
    Yeah nothing ruffles their feathers when a competition, tiny at times, release something. Thats when they decide to wave something infront of us.

There are some shitty ass people in twitter taking everything out of context. I'm surprised Blizzard even replies to them.

Wildstar 4 Lyfe once it releases June 3rd then you will see some WOD info and even beta announced probably

"If there are no news, then make some news." Yawn...

Quote Originally Posted by Enan1981 View Post
    Yeah nothing ruffles their feathers when a competition, tiny at times, release something. Thats when they decide to wave something infront of us.
    Considering how much fuss was made over TES launch, and Blizzard barely reacting at all to it, I think we can put that concept to bed. Blizzard releases things when they are ready, not when 'competition' does.

Quote Originally Posted by Masternewt View Post
    "If there are no news, then make some news." Yawn...
    Just because it doesn't pertain to you doesn't make it not news. There's like 40 blue tweets worth of information right there. This type of news post is nothing new...
    We're whalers on the moon,
    We carry a harpoon,
    But there ain't no whales
    So we tell tall tales
    And sing our whaling tune

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Terminal Lance View Post
    There are some shitty ass people in twitter taking everything out of context. I'm surprised Blizzard even replies to them.
    Indeed. And man I can't understand how people are so worried about the Garrison stuff, looks like they wanted the game to be dota, just play a skirmish and get done with it.

Indeed. And man I can't understand how people are so worried about the Garrison stuff, looks like they wanted the game to be dota, just play a skirmish and get done with it.
    Personally, it's because it sounds like a chore. To me it just sounds like a simple management (in the loosest possible sense) game, which doesn't really appeal to me.

I'm basing my opinion on my experience of the farm. Garrisons, as far as I can tell, will basically work the same way- instead of using a plot and waiting for a seed to grow, you'll use a follower and wait for them to complete their task. Sure, the tasks may take longer, and there's an extra layer of customisation and upgrading, but essentially the same.

I was quite happy ignoring the farm. I'd rather go out and collect the materials myself. If the Garrison's only offered mats, I could happily ignore that too. But it seems like they're offering more, and it may turn out that those extra rewards aren't quite so easy to ignore. Given that there aren't any solid details yet it may or may not be ignorable. And that's why I'm concerned.

(incidently, I don't really like DOTA style games.)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by moveth View Post
    5 player kill omg. I love this game, sometimes.
    How many germans do you need to win a war?

Quote Originally Posted by Durandro View Post
    Considering how much fuss was made over TES launch, and Blizzard barely reacting at all to it, I think we can put that concept to bed. Blizzard releases things when they are ready, not when 'competition' does.
    You realize they dropped alpha like the day of ESO right?

Quote Originally Posted by Keltas View Post
    You realize they dropped alpha like the day of ESO right?
    haha. alpha? yes, because there are just millions of people playing the alpha right now.

Maybe Blizzard installed a trojan and everyone who was downloading ESO got an alpha invite?

Oh but wait, they released alpha patch notes also.. you know.. how sooo many people chose not to play ESO because blizzard announced that basically every spec was losing some abilities. Wooohoo.. I totally forgot ESO was launching today because my disc priest is losing renew!! Dang you Blizzard for giving me all this exciting news about my bear losing tranquility... I totally forgot about ESO.

I wish they would answer some smart tweets instead of all these random ones that sound stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Azrile View Post
    haha. alpha? yes, because there are just millions of people playing the alpha right now.

Maybe Blizzard installed a trojan and everyone who was downloading ESO got an alpha invite?

Oh but wait, they released alpha patch notes also.. you know.. how sooo many people chose not to play ESO because blizzard announced that basically every spec was losing some abilities. Wooohoo.. I totally forgot ESO was launching today because my disc priest is losing renew!! Dang you Blizzard for giving me all this exciting news about my bear losing tranquility... I totally forgot about ESO.
    Blizzard already knows everything that's installed on your computer or running in memory with Warden. I did notice that the few people who got WoD alpha invites were the only ones who had played the ESO beta. So you might be on to something.

Herald of the Titans theredviola's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Wow. Blizzard really needs to start rewarding people for inventive ways of killing bosses and content.

I built a warlock tanking spec & gear, and was fine with holding threat and rotating defensive cooldowns. Besides not having crit immunity, the only real problem is that warlock taunts don't work on raid bosses. I was very disappointed when I learned this my first time tanking Throne of Thunder. Wish they would turn Demonology into a legit tanking tree.

Stop posting old stuff

Well, that DK video was some what under-whelming...