Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    I really want to answer this but.. I have become comfortably numb.

"Rather than love, than money, than fame, give me truth."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kilperch View Post
    alienate

/ˈeɪlɪəneɪt/
    verb
    past tense: alienated; past participle: alienated

make (someone) feel isolated or estranged. "an urban environment which would alienate its inhabitants"

synonyms: estrange, turn away, set apart, drive apart, isolate, detach, distance, put at a distance;

Does anyone feel this way about the WoW community? Every single time I post on the official forums (and occasionally on MMO-C), I get vicious sarcasm and personal attacks.

I'm nearly at my wit's end. I'm an Internet veteran, and I know what to expect. But I can't recall a single moment of kindness or respect in the last 12 months. Every single one of my friends and my entire guild have all quit WoW, so I've been playing alone since Christmas. I try to meet people through the forums and I get assaulted.

Does anyone else feel this way at all? Or am I the only one?
    Personally I couldn't care less about people who 'attack' me on the forums. And people that are rude to me without cause are doing me a favor, because I'm instantly aware that they're the kind of person I don't want anything to do with.

Too many people subscribe to "Hey, I'm anonymous here, yay I get to be an asshole LOLOLOL" magazine. Its a shame, but those people aren't worth giving a shit about.

If anything they just make the decent, helpful people that much more awesome.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.