Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Just when I was beginning to think they really weren't going to have anything until after June. :P
    "We must now recognize that the greatest threat of freedom for us all is if we go back to eating ourselves out from within." - John Anderson

well actually I don't think they will have much else until after June. NCSoft has another game releasing then, I bet they want to wait until after the hubbub is over with before they start with the LS updates again.

I'd be ok with that since Watch Dogs is coming out at the same time as well. It gives me my spare time to play that.
    Last edited by Valeron; 2014-05-14 at 05:48 PM.

This seems like mostly a filler update, so whatever. At least the Queen's Gauntlet was awesome back in its hay day.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drofdel View Post
    This seems like mostly a filler update, so whatever. At least the Queen's Gauntlet was awesome back in its hay day.
    It's bringing back the most difficult content in the game, don't see how that qualifies as "filler".
    Valar morghulis

well it kind of is filler, but I certainly don't mind as I enjoyed both of these

I think the festival is going to be a little different. The original BotFW was based around the new pirates and the Election. I'd be kind of surprised if they had the same stuff without the context being there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    well it kind of is filler, but I certainly don't mind as I enjoyed both of these
    I guess if you are using the term filler to mean that it's not the start of Season 2 of Living Story, but it's certainly not some generic filler. New art assets and new content assures us of that.

But to put the whole idea in context, imagine if in WoW they released the WotLK Lich King encounter for one month only. One month, that was it, make it or break it you only get that limited amount of time. Then a year later they open LK again for one month only. I'm telling you WoW players would go bananas over that. Keep thinking about it and then you start to understand the draw of GW2.

Now we are not sure that Liadri is coming back again or not, they've only showed us that some of the bosses are:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/arenan...n/photostream/

Another thing to consider is that Ascended armor was added since the last time we had this event. Will they upscale her to counter that? Either way, I fully expect more players will take a shot at her this time around.
    Valar morghulis

I read somewhere that there was new content within the returning events. Mini games, NPCs and such.

Haven't had time to look into it too much though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zed zebes View Post
    I think the festival is going to be a little different. The original BotFW was based around the new pirates and the Election. I'd be kind of surprised if they had the same stuff without the context being there.
    It could be the other way around: The Zephyr Sanctum was planned for the China release, but the release took much longer than planned. So along with the sanctum, they put some actual attacks (Aetherblades) in and added some fluff voting for something that doesn't really matter in the end.
    Sing like no one is listening - Love like you've never been hurt
    Dance like no one is watching - Masturbate like no one else is on the bus

Quote Originally Posted by Karizee View Post
    Another thing to consider is that Ascended armor was added since the last time we had this event. Will they upscale her to counter that? Either way, I fully expect more players will take a shot at her this time around.
    I wonder if the Liandri mini will be available again or if there will be something new for it.

well actually I don't think they will have much else until after June. NCSoft has another game releasing then, I bet they want to wait until after the hubbub is over with before they start with the LS updates again.
    I said something to that effect months ago. Someone asked if I really thought they weren't going to have any content until after June and the only thing that kept me from replying a confident yes was because I thought they might do a "filler" update like this. I figured if we didn't hear anything this week then there probably wasn't going to be anything until post-June. (Combination of China release + Wildstar, I suppose.)

It's not bad, if they added SAB in there it'd be the trio of their best (and arguably only good) LS updates. Though, that would probably spread players out too much. I wonder if they added all the improvements to Pavilion that there were threads upon threads of feedback requesting.
    "We must now recognize that the greatest threat of freedom for us all is if we go back to eating ourselves out from within." - John Anderson

Deleted

Nice short preview from Matt Visual. Looks like everything will be moving back to Lion's Arch today and with the festival you can purchase old living story skins that people have missed...

I can't wait to wait hours before I can enter a fucking pod in QP! <3 Megaserver
    In most cases, I understand the other side's viewpoint and how they came to it, but cannot tolerate their stubbornness to not see mine (the right one).

Here's another video in German showing off a bit more of the new content. Also, new faces are added to the makeover kit. That part starts at 19:15 of the video...

Also shows off the new Phoenix weapons as well right after the new faces. Look very nice. I'm going to grab the shortbow with my Black Lion ticket I've been saving.
    Last edited by carnifex2005; 2014-05-20 at 03:59 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Those Phoenix weapons, omg so gorgeous. The staff and the shield will be mine!
    And so many new faces !! Glad I waited to use my makeover kit.
    Valar morghulis

Deleted
    I didn't watch the vid. I know German, so it would be too many spoilers for me. I know it's not that much of a difference but I always like that little bit of surprises when it's released.

I'm happy we get another chance for those skins, sadly I don't see the shattered wings. I missed them with one achievement ;_; (I returned on the last day, too busy for college).
    But I could try for the karka shell or ticket..

Quote Originally Posted by Karizee View Post
    It's bringing back the most difficult content in the game, don't see how that qualifies as "filler".
    It was not difficult. People zerged the shadow bitch on warriors and killed her in like 15 seconds.

Anet doesn't make fights with zerker gear in mind. They make them on the basis you are not using it but everyone does so meh.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Deleted
    I'm also happy to hear the new season LS is going to be permanent content.

--

@zito; I had trouble with it. But then again I had no level 80 warrior back then, she was only level 20 and I failed horribly.
    I am happy to try again just to see if I improved at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    How do you zerg a solo instance? O.o

From a post on the official forums, players took anywhere from 20 to 300 attempts. Most players could not beat it at all.

https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/foru.../6#post2761864
    Valar morghulis