Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

Will PvE gear dominate World PvP again?

So PvE gear will yet again be overall better?

As far as I understand, PvP gear will have lower stats (so it is worse in PvE vs. pure PvE gear.)

But if a PvE player hits us, and we get PvP activated, it will say "puff" and we will receive stats equal to PvE gear right?

So that must mean, that PvE gear is still superior? I mean PvE gear is better for PvE, and is equal in PvP?

Also I am having a hard time understand this:

If I have 20.000 HP

Someone with PvE has 40.000 and hits me with a fireball for 6.000 damage

Will I receive 6.000 damage and gets stats buff, or will I receive damage that is actually more than the 6.000, since my stats will first scale AFTER I get hit?

Where did it say PvP will have lower stats? Everyhwere I read it says that in PvP Instances PvP gear is buffed and in PvE instances PvE gear is buffed.

Also, I remember Blue saying that Conquest gear will be slightly better than Heroic Gear for wPvP.
    "Clearly every aspect of one's life, from financial stability to social popularity, to sexual prowess can be boiled down to 4 numbers: One's Arena rating" ~ Xandamere

PvP gear will always be better in pvp instances.

For world PvP Conquest gear once pvp powered by a hostile attack will have higher ilvl (potentially 5 ilvls according to front page tweet) than even mythic gear. This means Conquest gear should be the best for every single type of pvp encounter. Specific PvE trinkets and set bonuses may be nerfed against players to ensure PvP gear remains best in any PvP situation.

Honestly I don't agree with it, I feel like Mythic gear should be on par with buffed Conq gear. Simply because you don't need to be skilled at PvP to get conq gear, being skilled just gets you geared faster but even a backpeddling, keyboard turning, button clicker can get full conq gear; just takes more time. Mythic gear on the other hand, with only a few exceptions (buying from mythic guilds, which would be ludicrously expensive) is almost always difficult to acquire.

Either way with pvp set bonuses and the pvp trinket dmg reduction set bonus as well as pvp enchants I feel like even with mythic and conq having same ilvl conq would still edge out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Personally, I think Mythic gear should always have a slight edge over conquest gear in a pvp open world situation. Mythic gear actually requires effort to obtain and RP wise a player's character that has defeated the toughest version of a lore boss should be more powerful than a freelance gladiator. And this is coming from someone who has never ever raided after playing this game for 6 years.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    Personally, I think Mythic gear should always have a slight edge over conquest gear in a pvp open world situation. Mythic gear actually requires effort to obtain and RP wise a player's character that has defeated the toughest version of a lore boss should be more powerful than a freelance gladiator. And this is coming from someone who has never ever raided after playing this game for 6 years.
    The whole effort business is a bit of a low blow imo.

Either way, i'm sure the damage is mitigated along scaling, otherwise first strike bonus could be devastating.

Also - at the very least in world pvp, the gears should be equal, but definitely not pvp better. All for the simple reason that world pvp should be a matter of opportunity or necessity or just plain happen. There shouldn't be people lurking around with pvp gear to ambush those who are leveling. If your sole goal is pvp you go bgs or arenas or special pvp zones or whatnot.

Quote Originally Posted by Albolynx View Post
    The whole effort business is a bit of a low blow imo.

Either way, i'm sure the damage is mitigated along scaling, otherwise first strike bonus could be devastating.

Also - at the very least in world pvp, the gears should be equal, but definitely not pvp better. All for the simple reason that world pvp should be a matter of opportunity or necessity or just plain happen. There shouldn't be people lurking around with pvp gear to ambush those who are leveling. If your sole goal is pvp you go bgs or arenas or special pvp zones or whatnot.
    Why is it a low blow? He has a point. I can gear a character with little to no effort in BGs or getting carried in 2s and be in full conquest eventually. Mythic level raiding requires coordination and actually knowing how the fights work.

It comes down to, can someone really AFK to get mythic gear like they can in BGs?
    "Clearly every aspect of one's life, from financial stability to social popularity, to sexual prowess can be boiled down to 4 numbers: One's Arena rating" ~ Xandamere

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    And we should bring back 2200 rating gear which is better than mythic gear in pve.
    Quote Originally Posted by RedGamer030 View Post
    I do not need to be constructive in this thread, nor provide an argument. There is nothing here to actually debate. Your reasoning is flawed and thusly you have no argument.
    ↑ Epitome of Internet Logic

PvE gear should always be the best possible gear for world pvp , you get fully geared up in BiS from the heroics// hardmode encounters you should be the best geared in PvP encounters in the open world, since without it PvE players are at an serious disadvantage on making sure the playing field is even,

Quote Originally Posted by araine View Post
    PvE gear should always be the best possible gear for world pvp , you get fully geared up in BiS from the heroics// hardmode encounters you should be the best geared in PvP encounters in the open world, since without it PvE players are at an serious disadvantage on making sure the playing field is even,
    pve gear should never be better then top pvp gear in ANYTHING pvp related.

pve gear for pve, pvp gear for pvp.

But one of the recent twitter posts said that mythic and conquest gear will be only around 5 ilvl difference in pvp combat.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormspellz View Post
    pve gear should never be better then top pvp gear in ANYTHING pvp related.

pve gear for pve, pvp gear for pvp.

But one of the recent twitter posts said that mythic and conquest gear will be only around 5 ilvl difference in pvp combat.
    This pretty much.

can someone tell me how it is today? if i go world pvp, should i use my 550 pvp gear or my 580 pve gear? (if i had it, which i dont but so all understand)4

not how it should be, how it is. have been trying to understand this now but everyone just writes how they think it shold or should not be. tnx =)

Quote Originally Posted by Phurox View Post
    So PvE gear will yet again be overall better?

As far as I understand, PvP gear will have lower stats (so it is worse in PvE vs. pure PvE gear.)

But if a PvE player hits us, and we get PvP activated, it will say "puff" and we will receive stats equal to PvE gear right?

So that must mean, that PvE gear is still superior? I mean PvE gear is better for PvE, and is equal in PvP?

Also I am having a hard time understand this:

If I have 20.000 HP

Someone with PvE has 40.000 and hits me with a fireball for 6.000 damage

Will I receive 6.000 damage and gets stats buff, or will I receive damage that is actually more than the 6.000, since my stats will first scale AFTER I get hit?
    Hard to say where the ilvls are going to fall.

Right now, the PH pvp gear scales up to 690, that could be your basic conquest stuff (Elite conquest will likely have the same PVP ilvl, but a higher non-pvp ilvl, the highest ilvl gear on wod.wowhead is a 700 gun, which is blue. comparably, the "Best" crafted epic stuff is 675. which will likely be "flex/normal" quality.

I don't expect World PVP to be much of a thing here. It's dead in Pandaria because CRZ is turned off, which will be the case for Draenor. Only a topic of discussion because of the TI, which is same faction PVP. Horde side is dead.

10+ Year Old Account
    PvE gear should be superior or at the very least just as strong as PvP gear in the open world. There are plenty of quests that can be considered 'World PvE' as well as times when there is 'World PvP' between players, too...
    In the company of thieves, liars, beggars and whores
    I'll lay waiting, just waiting for my time to come.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kowloon View Post
    PvE gear should be superior or at the very least just as strong as PvP gear in the open world. There are plenty of quests that can be considered 'World PvE' as well as times when there is 'World PvP' between players, too...
    Thats what they are going for in WoD. But as soon as that pve-hero tries to pvp the pvp-gear of the other player will be superior.

As it should be. PVP-gear should always be the nr1 choice for pvp. Doesnt matter if it is world, arena or battleground.

Don't understand what stats you think will scale after being hit that will affect the damage you take

Everyone has a set amount of resilience, doesn't matter what gear you wear you will always RECEIVE the same amount of damage from someone.

Person A in full pve gear has 40000 HP

Person B in full pvp gear has 35000 HP

Person A hits Person A for 6000 fireball damage, 34000 HP remaining
    Person A hits Person B for 6000 fireball damage, 29000 HP remaining, scales up 20%, new HP 34800/42000
    Last edited by Illana; 2014-05-30 at 04:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Yindoo View Post
    Ashran? Since its not a BG, that means its World PvP.
    It's actually using instance server tech like a BG, but for good reason and it should be seamless. Will prevent it from crashing servers like WG did. But yeah, Ashran's the only instance of world PVP I'll probably run into in WoD unless they bring back censering or something. Really didn't see world PVP talked about at all until the Timeless Isle came along.

People overblow how good PvE gear is WPvP. Not everyone is running around in full heroic gear, which is what it takes to make it worth it. When my arms warr had LFR and some flex gear I had MS hitting for less than 10k. I think people have just been looking for excuses on why they lost.

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon138 View Post
    People overblow how good PvE gear is WPvP. Not everyone is running around in full heroic gear, which is what it takes to make it worth it. When my arms warr had LFR and some flex gear I had MS hitting for less than 10k. I think people have just been looking for excuses on why they lost.
    normal gear was better then last seasons gear way before you consider tier bonuses and such.

Quote Originally Posted by Cirayne24 View Post
    Why is it a low blow? He has a point. I can gear a character with little to no effort in BGs or getting carried in 2s and be in full conquest eventually. Mythic level raiding requires coordination and actually knowing how the fights work.
    Whether one piece of gear took more effort to obtain than the other, doesn't matter at all in this scenario. I don't know why people keep bringing it up. I hate when people say "I kill Gods with 100m health so I should be able to kill 1 player with a small fraction of that health". Like that doesn't even matter in this scenario lmao