Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Orcbert View Post
    My other problem is they will only be charging the first parent who wants these records ten grand. They are putting the entire burden of fixing their system in the hands of the first person who wants these records.
    That's an entirely separate issue. I think the state itself should pay for the district to reformat it's records, but they're under no obligation to do so.

3DS Friend Code: 0146-9205-4817. Could show as either Chris or Chrysia.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    My logic tells me this guy is just a troublemaker. If his kid was really smart or really dumb, it'd be pretty obvious. If he is good, normal or mediocre at schoolwork then what does it really matter? School's not going to change just because a good kid is with some dumb kids. That's pretty much how public education goes 9 times out of 10.
    Paladin Bash has spoken.

10+ Year Old Account
    Things they can do to comply with the request.

Take a screen shot of the data on the screen and send it to the parent.

Put in a request to have their system updated as they are currently unable to supply such a request. Which I'm pretty sure is not an uncommon request.

Review the data with the parent in person.

There are ways to give him what he wants. Instead they shove a crazy price tag at him to get him to go away. 'Murica's Education Mafia at work right there.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Seems clear to me that the software company that provided Nevada's school system then moved on to develop the website for Obamacare
    "Anyone who thinks controlling people is a science is dead wrong: It's an art."
    Jim Profit - the greatest tv villain you've (probably) never seen.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vvulf View Post
    Seems clear to me that the software company that provided Nevada's school system then moved on to develop the website for Obamacare
    LMAO! Nice one.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Quote Originally Posted by Chrysia View Post
    It's apparently the formatting that is the issue. Somehow, all their records are stored in such a way that printing them directly from current format is "impossible" in any legible manner. Don't ask me how they managed it.
    Sort of like the guy who picks his date up in a rusted out 84 Caprice. "Oh this car, it's a loaner. my real car is in the shop." And somehow his perfect, brand new car, is always in the shop while his 84 Caprice loaner car never lets him down. The many "mysteries" of life.