10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reimann View Post
    I think the issue people are facing is that they vastly changed their characters.

If someone had a green orc, and they log in one day to a brown orc, the vast majority will be upset.
    Many may be happy their orc is now brown, but many of them won't be - many will say "well hey! orcs were meant to have brown skin to begin with, only a few of them now would have green skin!"

Changing anyone's character suddenly - even just giving them a lot more muscle tone - is incredibly upsetting to a lot of people.

In the same way I'd be upset if my undead's bones were suddenly gone/covered. "Well, I don't like my undead with bones!!!" Well no, maybe you don't, but we've had them all these years that you should just make a different race if you didn't like how they've always looked.
    You're changing something on my character I never wanted changed.
    Well for one thing, no matter what they didn't they couldn't make everyone happy. There are enough people who think their NElf's is a bodacious babe like TERA elves, and there are enough who think they are tough amazonian warrior women that if Blizzard made them one or the other, the other side wouldn't be happy. As it stands, the "old" models are so non-descript and poorly detailed that they can be almost anything. Young, old, tough, svelte, whatever.

What it comes down to is the fact that Blizzard isn't asking you what you do or do not want changed. They're attempting to make their models better represent the style that Blizzard first imagined them in, but that poor graphics technology would not allow them to create.

People are taking this damn model too change WAY too fucking personally.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

10+ Year Old Account
    And then they should offer a free change to a different race. If they "decided" to change them/add to them/adjust them, they should be open to thinking on a free change.

I doubt they will, but the point is that it's nothing similar to my old character.
    Let me reiterate that it's NOT YOURS. It's Blizzard. You may be in charge of the character's personality and their backstory, but beyond that "your" character isn't yours.

I'm sure they'll just say that we can use the old models instead of race changing, though. /shrugs
    Yes, you can, and then you can debate on if the gray is actually white or black to your heart's content.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

15+ Year Old Account
    If they had left it out, though, it should remain that way. It was left out, and many (if not most) people made a character based on the way they look, not how they "are supposed to look"

It makes me wonder how they plan to handle the trolls. Trolls are supposed to have a downy fur/hair - I can't imagine many people will be happy when their trolls are suddenly furry and hairy everywhere when you can't see that whatsoever on the current models.
    And I can understand that--- really, I can. But Blizzard did say they were trying to keep the "spirit" and "feel" of the old models, refining and reimagining where possible. I remember being nervous when I heard that at Blizzcon, too. And please keep in mind, they've yet to reveal my main. They've datamined tauren female textures, but the actual model is still a mystery. I will be upset too if I feel her character was changed greatly from the clumsy, stocky cow girl I've played and loved for ten years.

As for trolls, they already do sort of have the fur textured on their skin, but again, it's so low-rez, it's really hard to see. I really hope they do make the fur more apparent though. Not as thick and obvious as tauren or pandaren fur, but there should be a hint of the furriness on places like their shoulders, elbows, knees, etc. Well, that's what I'd like to see, anyway.

For the dwarves, the males never had any body hair to speak of on the old model, and now they have thick hair on the chest, arms, and legs. But it fits the character, so it's understandable why they did that.

Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    Let me reiterate that it's NOT YOURS. It's Blizzard. You may be in charge of the character's personality and their backstory, but beyond that "your" character isn't yours.
    It is his. It's not his literal property, but it's his character that he's played for years and has become attached to. In that sense, yes it is, and I can sympathise with him being upset that he feels it's being changed. I don't agree, but I do sympathise.

Sig by Isilrien

88 pages, 1754 replies, yet there's still some argument about her abs?! LOL. If some of you are really grossed by ripped female abs like F NE has later (which imo it's really really fine by the look at it), haven't you even consider that it would be simply covered by the armor that you wear? You won't even see her abs at all. Or even if Blizz revert their abs back to how it used to, are you planning to run around topless just to show your F NE abs is lean and sleek? Funny how ppl are arguing this far over small things.

another 2 pages wasted on this stuff when we had a good thing going.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sure - it's not mine in that Blizzard owns the game.

..But it is MY character in that I paid for the character and continue to pay 15$ a month for access to it, and when and if I should pass the account to someone else, sure, it'll be their character.

Idk who the hell goes around saying "Oh yeah, that's BLIZZARD'S rogue I play," and not "that's my rogue", but you continually nitpick the phrasing people are using so I'm not certain if English is your native tongue and if you're just misunderstanding.
    I'm clear that people are trying to present the issue as "Why didn't Blizzard consult with ME on MY character and how I want it to look!?", which never was, never will be, and was never intended to be the case.

Just, be kind.

10+ Year Old Account
    Imagine if someone came into your house and repainted everything into a very ugly color to you - and the only way you could change it was to pay for the paint and redo it yourself. You wouldn't be annoyed?
    Except that's not what is happening. It's more like going to your apartment and finding the owners have repainted in a color you don't like.

I hear the same arguments from D&Ders over new editions, how the new edition is somehow destroying their ability to play, how WOTC is coming into their homes and taking their books!

It's silly because it ascribes a level of personal control and consideration that has never existed.

Just, be kind.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Varegast View Post
    lol all these people not realizing that femnelves are supposed to be muscular.
    People want their toon to look the same and don't care about lore. lol

Deleted
    The more I read about the new models, the more I realise they should actually offer free-recustomizations with WoD.

Besides the bodies which we still have not really seen animate (and could end up looking amazing), the real problem for me is with the faces not matching the original models (in some cases not at all), and that can be a problem for someone who actually has invested 3+ years on a single character.

Giving the choice to re-customize the details of your characters (skin tone & face) would allow many people to 'adjust' their vision of their character into the new choices.

Such a move would give alot of people comfort into not being worried about the updates as much. Blizzard still has not seen the full extend of reactions these changes will bring.

Quote Originally Posted by PGGR View Post
    The more I read about the new models, the more I realise they should actually offer free-recustomizations with WoD.

Besides the bodies which we still have not really seen animate (and could end up looking amazing), the real problem for me is with the faces not matching the original models (in some cases not at all), and that can be a problem for someone who actually has invested 3+ years on a single character.

Giving the choice to re-customize the details of your characters (skin tone & face) would allow many people to 'adjust' their vision of their character into the new choices.

Such a move would give alot of people comfort into not being worried about the updates as much. Blizzard still has not seen the full extend of reactions these changes will bring.
    Or you can just turn new models off and keep using the old ones. LOL

Deleted
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...st-Build/page2

Look, we have the textures of Night Elf hair now. I see that some colors have new tones, for example teal - we had only one, very saturated teal (I love this color but this unnatural saturation discouraged me from using this option) and now we have dark teal and light teal. Also purple - there is dark purple now and lighter, lilac-violet what is looking pretty. I see also almost black, is this older dark blue?

Quote Originally Posted by Arcane-Villain View Post

Look, we have the textures of Night Elf hair now. I see that some colors have new tones, for example teal - we had only one, very saturated teal (I love this color but this unnatural saturation discouraged me from using this option) and now we have dark teal and light teal. Also purple - there is dark purple now and lighter, lilac-violet what is looking pretty. I see also almost black, is this older dark blue?
    Isn't that draenei hair ?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Evyan View Post
    There are human hair, draenei hair and night elf hair. Look at the hair accesories texture and filename

Quote Originally Posted by Evyan View Post
    That's what I thought for a second, but then I realized Draenei does not have purple or bright green hair colors... And all of the Night Elf's hair colors are in there so it's obviously Night Elf.

I do really like the new bright purple color, I hope it's not a DK-only color? I also like that the dark blue color is more black now (since the dark blue is missing I assume they go with black)!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kjj92 View Post
    Or you can just turn new models off and keep using the old ones. LOL
    Ha.. can you imagine that? One of the longest to release expansions. Countless hours on updating the models with new modern versions and players not having the option to re-pick the 'new prettiest' face of the new bunch without using real money.

That would be even more insulting to the developers, seeing a large number of players turning off the new and exciting (one of the key features of the expansion) models because they find their numerically assigned faces ugly.
    Then again, that might not even be an accurate point because many people will do turn them off to make their PCs run faster.

Deleted
    I would be happy if they would add some new colors. Like for Human - bright, cold northern-european blonde and few more brown options, and maybe the option with a little lighter highlights, like made from sun:

For Night Elves - dark blue, like old, was now - but black could be a plus colour. I wish also the pure white next to pretty silver that I also love. Also I hope the bright violet isn't only death-knight haircolour and this is not that was earlier pinkish-red.

For Undead - some more human colours, like pure black, pure white and pure grey

For Blood Elves - maybe few more dark options, like pure black, blue-black and reddish-black.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would be happy if they would add some new colors.
    I wouldn't hold my breath, if I were you.
    I doubt that they'll even go as far and let non DKs take the DK color. <_<

Man I'd love blue hair for my Bloodelfs.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PGGR View Post

I have always said this. The only argument against it is "But your characters will look exactly the same, only HD!" Which is silly, because what to me looks exactly the same, only much higher quality, to the next guy it looks horrible and ruined.

- - - Updated - - -

I am pretty sure those "new" colors are for DKs. Looking at the human hair posted, the last three colors are the DK colors. That means the following are the NE Female DK colors:

Last edited by snuzzle; 2014-06-15 at 11:48 AM.

Sig by Isilrien

Deleted

Yeah, you are right.
    Bright violet was this terrible pinkish one, and dark teal was just dark green, IMO now it's looking better. But I'm glad that dark blue is now something between dark blue and black. The number of colours it's just like before.
    Last edited by mmoc77ff97b6ff; 2014-06-15 at 11:38 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah I think so too.

Quote Originally Posted by chaud View Post
    This would be Draenei DK.