Page 1 of 2
LastLast

How are Shadow Priests looking in WoD?

I'm hoping after being so under-powered they'll be a nice swing back, any sign of that? Miss playing my Spriest.

Edit: Sorry, realized this would be more appropriate in priest subforum - any input is still greatly appreciated.

Spriests are fine, they fall behind on single target but are in a fine place on multitarget. Add on mass dispelling and raids love them.

But they will be able to get 3 orbs from the first mind blast on a target, do they can benefit from early fight burst more.

Shadow Priest would be cool except for Mind Flay. Every time I channel that stupid looking beam I feel like an idiot. It's the same reason I don't care for Affliction on my Warlock. I wish there was something else (like a cast spell) instead of that tacky channel.

Quote Originally Posted by Deuse View Post
    Shadow Priest would be cool except for Mind Flay. Every time I channel that stupid looking beam I feel like an idiot. It's the same reason I don't care for Affliction on my Warlock. I wish there was something else (like a cast spell) instead of that tacky channel.
    The difference is that malefic grasp gently bitch slaps the opponent across the face with a silk glove, while a Shadow Priests 3 orb DEATH LAZOR vaporizes their head.
    Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs.

Quote Originally Posted by Calamari View Post
    The difference is that malefic grasp gently bitch slaps the opponent across the face with a silk glove, while a Shadow Priests 3 orb DEATH LAZOR vaporizes their head.
    I very much enjoyed this.

Deleted
    What? I love Mind Flay, pretty much the only reason I play a Shadow Priest.... Hope the Devs never listen to you, mate!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Praetor View Post
    What? I love Mind Flay, pretty much the only reason I play a Shadow Priest.... Hope the Devs never listen to you, mate!
    It's very unlikely to ever go away; Mind Flay has been a staple for Shadow priests since time immemorial, and is very much embedded into their core gameplay.

As for how they're looking, well, the designers have admitted that their single-target DPS wasn't good enough so I'd expect that to change. The problem throughout much of MoP (from a pure DPS point of view) revolved around pulling without orbs, which put them wildly behind from the start and without the oomph to ever catch up. Warlocks can regenerate Soul Shards outside of combat, so it always seemed strange that Shadow priests couldn't given their reliance on them. Unfortunately, I still worry that warlock utility is going to be too strong and that mages are now touted to get a raid healing cooldown for some inexplicable reason. Might that push them down the ladder a bit?

Personally, I'd really like to see hybridization be a thing again. The best Shadow priest I ever raided with was always a bit behind on DPS, but that's because she raided during TBC and took her other jobs seriously. Dispels, heals, being the mana-battery - the whole nine yards. As hinted, her damage wasn't fabulous and would have improved had that been her sole concern, but we really missed her when she wasn't in the raid.

Quote Originally Posted by Giscoicus View Post
    Add on mass dispelling and raids love them.
    I would so very much like to smoke some of that weed you're high on.

althought it would be nice if it would get a new animation. i mean the reworked the priest channeled spells. i wouldn't mind a new one for Mind Flay

Quote Originally Posted by ThrashMetalFtw View Post
    The pre-WotLK Mind Flay animation. 2nd biggest reason for rolling a Priest, biggest obviously being Shadowform. Anyone who uses Glyph of Shadow should reroll Hunter, filthy blasphemers.

15+ Year Old Account
    Night elf models are beautiful, and my fangs are confirmed - Vampire Yva ^^
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

Deleted
    Or they'll be terrible, and then we'll have

Patch 6.1 Rise of the furious Shadow Priests

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Succath View Post
    althought it would be nice if it would get a new animation. i mean the reworked the priest channeled spells. i wouldn't mind a new one for Mind Flay
    Well, it could be upgraded to look more epic, like they did with Drain Life and Drain Soul,

Well, it could be upgraded to look more epic, like they did with Drain Life and Drain Soul,
    Funny enough it's already been updated once, eventhough it doesn't quite look like it anymore. The original Mind Flay looked like a beam of white/bluish lightning.. which was actually really cool. Until they decided to change it into the smooth purple beam we have today.
    Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Calamari View Post
    Funny enough it's already been updated once, eventhough it doesn't quite look like it anymore. The original Mind Flay looked like a beam of white/bluish lightning.. which was actually really cool. Until they decided to change it into the smooth purple beam we have today.
    True, I remembered that while typing. Difference wasn't as marked as with the Warlock spells. Can't say if I prefered the old version, though.

Get out of here, HERETIC. Original Mind Flay was the REASON why I rolled Priest in the first place. Such blasphemy is punished by large amounts of facemelting.
    They're (short for They are) describes a group of people. "They're/They are a nice bunch of guys." Their indicates that something belongs/is related to a group of people. "Their car was all out of fuel." There refers to a location. "Let's set up camp over there." There is also no such thing as "could/should OF". The correct way is: Could/should'VE, or could/should HAVE.
    Holyfury armory

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ThrashMetalFtw View Post
    Get out of here, HERETIC. Original Mind Flay was the REASON why I rolled Priest in the first place. Such blasphemy is punished by large amounts of facemelting.
    The horde shadowpriests on the beach in Kasarang Wilds still use the old mind flay graphic - I was super jealous when I saw that.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

Just noticed a new tweet by Celestalon that says that Halo for Spriests works totally fine. Anyone else find it annoying that they ignore the issues with this skill? He additionally suggests that no addon is necessary for us to manage it, while 22-28 yards is impossible to be able to be calculated within a raiding enviroment and a boss that constantly moves.

Deleted
    i dont use halopro, but i do stand next to the priest in our raid that does

Quote Originally Posted by deviantcultist View Post
    Just noticed a new tweet by Celestalon that says that Halo for Spriests works totally fine. Anyone else find it annoying that they ignore the issues with this skill? He additionally suggests that no addon is necessary for us to manage it, while 22-28 yards is impossible to be able to be calculated within a raiding enviroment and a boss that constantly moves.
    After calming down I came to the realisation that for them it's fine, because no matter the range you'll still do damage with it. They just don't care about min/maxing it. You want to make the best out of it and use it to it's full potential? Get an addon.

Sigh.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yvaelle View Post
    The horde shadowpriests on the beach in Kasarang Wilds still use the old mind flay graphic - I was super jealous when I saw that.
    tmorph is your friend