Deleted

Facts have spoken, Flex has failed.

so, the data on front page just confirmed my first impression about flex.
    it has mostly failed in its attempt of killing lfr and luring people into organized raiding: the supposed lfr-killer attracts only 10% more people than normals tops. and we're talking about normals, i.e. a fairly unpopular option.

now, with lfr gutted on the horizon, how is blizzard going to justify killing the most popular form of raiding by far?
    the data are pretty clear, no one wants to go back to guilds and painfully long manual searches for groups.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gniral View Post
    so, the data on front page just confirmed my first impression about flex.
    it has mostly failed in its attempt of killing lfr and luring people into organized raiding: the supposed lfr-killer attracts only 10% more people than normals tops. and we're talking about normals, i.e. a fairly unpopular option.

now, with lfr gutted on the horizon, how is blizzard going to justify killing the most popular form of raiding by far?
    the data are pretty clear, no one wants to go back to guilds and painfully long manual searches for groups.
    Flex was never meant to kill off LFR. That was the delusional hope of raiders that it would. Blizzard doesn't want to kill off LFR, and while Blizzard hints at casual players making the jump to raiding they've also acknowledged that historically it hasn't worked out that way. LFR filled the niche that it was meant to, and it further demonstrated that when given an option other than organized raiding, people will take that over organized raiding.
    AchaeaKoralin - Are you still out there? | Classic Priest

Nowhere is it stated it was supposed to replace LFR. The purpose of flex is to bring back friend/family raiding. It was a major success, so much so that flex has spread to Normal mode (renamed heroic) next xpac.

10+ Year Old Account
    Due to the excessive amount of misinformation in the opening post, I see no reason to leave open this thread. It would only invite flaming and non-constructive responses.