Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

sustainable dmg outside burst

Hello,

I have an unholy DK and the damage outside my burst (gargoyle & unholy frenzy) is pretty reliable, and I have nothing to complain. I like the idea of not being totally depended over some stupid burst CD.

Anyway, I now want to make an alt for PvP and I have been considering over a windwalker monk and feral druid. So my question to you: which one is the most reliable and is able to put out the most damage outside their burst?

Noxxic says windwalker beats feral over a long shot, but then again, I've read up forums that windwalkers are in fact quite weak in terms of damage.

I was hoping on your opinions (keep in mind other recommendations are also welcome besides ww and feral).

Deleted
    I think ww, our burst basically comes only from brew stacks, you use your cd to get some at start of the fight for burst, but they build up pretty fast, aside from energising brew there isn't really any long cd that you need for burst. You can build tigers eye stacks quickly and keep consuming as often as you want, sometimes I find it best just to consume how ever many I've got instead of waiting for 10 to build.

But i don't know a whole lot about Druid, only that they have better utility and mobility than monks

10+ Year Old Account
    WW has gotten a lot better over Mists' history, and despite their burst ramp-up time, they're very strong when they unleash it. They're much better than Feral currently, and more akin to the Rogue in level playing field for this season's meta. There's not too much we can say without you making one yourself and getting the feel for it, but I'd definitely say Monk currently has the upper hand.

That being said, as the poster before me has pointed out, a Druid's mobility and utility is a lot better.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Blitheqt View Post
    WW has gotten a lot better over Mists' history, and despite their burst ramp-up time, they're very strong when they unleash it. They're much better than Feral currently, and more akin to the Rogue in level playing field for this season's meta. There's not too much we can say without you making one yourself and getting the feel for it, but I'd definitely say Monk currently has the upper hand.

That being said, as the poster before me has pointed out, a Druid's mobility and utility is a lot better.

the burst ramp up time is actually pretty quick most of the time, using chi brew, and a bit of luck from mastery you can get 10 stacks pretty quick, but you also don't need 10 stacks to consume, you can consume with less, which is sometimes a better option, a lot of the time i find my self in a situation where its better i just consume 5 stacks so i can RSK them

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    the burst ramp up time is actually pretty quick most of the time, using chi brew, and a bit of luck from mastery you can get 10 stacks pretty quick, but you also don't need 10 stacks to consume, you can consume with less, which is sometimes a better option, a lot of the time i find my self in a situation where its better i just consume 5 stacks so i can RSK them
    thank you! continued leveling my monk which is now lvl 70 ^^

Monk damage is fine, even stronger than most melee actually. It's the squishiness and lack of utility that holds em back. It's like feral but without the 20% healing received buff in cat form and only 2 real defensive cds on pretty long cds.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    Yeah, it's a lot faster than it was before, I can agree with that.

15+ Year Old Account
    Outside ORG sending your children down the mines.
    WW dmg is still very good outside of burst, ferals less so.
    Don't cast out a warrior ( although I understand you might not want another plate wearing 2h wielding madman), but trust when I say this, they are crazy fun to play, and their dmg outside of burst is very very real. + mobility is awesome

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Illana View Post
    Monk damage is fine, even stronger than most melee actually. It's the squishiness and lack of utility that holds em back. It's like feral but without the 20% healing received buff in cat form and only 2 real defensive cds on pretty long cds.
    I`d say ww is proabably the least squishy Melee spec in game right now, 1.5 min cd on karma, fortifying brew, 60% healing with the brew at 10 stacks and mobility that lets you escape any situation and you can kite your opponent for a long time while recovering lost health, oh and a good amount of cc

Quote Originally Posted by Demsi View Post
    I`d say ww is proabably the least squishy Melee spec in game right now, 1.5 min cd on karma, fortifying brew, 60% healing with the brew at 10 stacks and mobility that lets you escape any situation and you can kite your opponent for a long time while recovering lost health, oh and a good amount of cc
    In 2s maybe, or random encounters in world pvp. Other than that ww have low armor, no real passive damage reduction. I feel they get trained hard in 3s due to their squishiness

healing does not mean you're not squishy, you can't heal in a stun.

Fort brew is good but it's pretty much the same as wall and because of said squishiness you can be forced to karma early and they still have enough damage to finish you off after.

10+ Year Old Account
    And what about diffuse magic? or dampen harm? Pretty solid defensives right there

Quote Originally Posted by Demsi View Post
    And what about diffuse magic? or dampen harm? Pretty solid defensives right there
    don't think I've ever seen a serious ww take either. Diffuse is much the same as karma, it's gone in 6 seconds and has a 90 second cd. It doesn't even have any drawbacks from hitting you in it, just kill the ww after it's over.

Dampen harm is awful for pvp, you're constantly being hit for more than 20% of your hp and 3 hits is nothing when 2 DPS are tunnelling into you. It might have it's place against rogue/mage/warrior in 2vs2 but honestly healing elixirs is just far stronger since it's not reduced by battle fatigue.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Illana View Post
    feral dmg is nothing like monk

Quote Originally Posted by rottenpen View Post
    that's why I said it's even stronger than most melee's damage.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rottenpen View Post
    Monk defences are nothing like feral? See how pointless your statement is??

Read the dam post first, he clearly said monk damage is stronger than feral!

Feral has more defensives as a trade off!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Uhm.. what? People saying WW monk damage outside of brew is good must be out of their mind. Compared to ferals, WW monk dmg outside of burst is absolute dog shit compared to other melee.

DKs have far better sustained. Warriors have FAR better sustained. Ferals have far better sustained. Enhancement has FAR better sustained.

The only melee that have weaker sustained than WW monks I believe are ret paladins and rogues.

If you want sustainable dmg outside of burst it's much better to go feral or warrior. WW monks have shit sustained damage.

Brew is up a lot though, and no DK without boosted dots really don't do very much damage. My warrior hits for like 50-70k slams depending on armour without trinkets/cds up and that's only if I crit.

WW will be better in more comps and a better pick than Feral, but Feral have better defenses. I actually like both classes for the same reasons. High mobility & escapes with good sustained.

Both are popular targets to train hard to shut down their dps/utility so better be prepared for that if you intend to do arena. If you're talking about BG's, heck, go nuts with either. They're both excellent.

Quote Originally Posted by Ermahgerd View Post
    Enhancement has FAR better sustained.
    You're just wrong. This is incorrect. Negative. Turn around. Do not pass go. Do not collect 200 dollars.

Enhancement sustain is trash.