Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Blizzard really has to get WoD out for the players who still care about WoW. This is just desperation and poor-planning all around. I feel bad for WoW players.

Quote Originally Posted by dd614 View Post
    Blizzard really has to get WoD out for the players who still care about WoW. This is just desperation and poor-planning all around. I feel bad for WoW players.
    This sort of nerf/buff happens every expansion. It's not a sham to keep people subbed. I don't disagree with WoD coming far too slow (guessing the actual date officially posted december atm), but people need to understand that this nerf/buff thing happens every xpac. Upgrades are best way to do it because it feels a little better than doing a blanket pity nerf.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dd614 View Post
    And I feel bad for ex-WoWplayers that still lurk any forum related to the game and argue something they're not playing/taking part of.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    Boohoo KaPe, 30 minutes of heroic scenario spam a week. You'll survive or do without getting the upgrades. I personally far prefer this way of "nerfing" content than the alternative blanket-nerfs, mainly because with this approach, people/raids actually have to work towards getting their "nerf" on the instance, rather than just sit on their ass and wait.
    'Course I'll survive, I've been valor capped for quite a while. Just saying that the average player *probably* has far less TCs that some believe and I don't find this conversion to be such a marvelous idea that will utterly trivialize the VP farming. Maybe if it went above the cap to an extent. Otherwise, yeah, much easier to do scenario than farm 3000 coins - which is only comparable if you get ship/Huolon kill.

Quote Originally Posted by nekai View Post
    And now I have to resubb so I can do two weeks worth of work to bring my ilvl high as possible... not what I wanted to hear, but I'll do it anyways.
    Why on earth would you do that? Seriously, why?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Spotnick View Post
    I know it's world's first problem, and that a very tiny part of the player base cares about this, but it's a bit sad they are totally killing the idea of the Cutting Edge FoS by not removing it.

Maybe they should do like Herald of the Titans and put an iLvl maximum to get it, so it actually still means something until 6.0 for people getting it.
    Every person moaning about this get's on my nerves. The FoS clearly states "prior to the release of the next tier of content". The world firsts was there for the real cutting edge achievements. Whining about now when it's already 7 months after the first kills is ridiculous.

Seems like a good approach to the standard nerf to end game content. It at least lets the people who are still actually progressing through the content feel like they are getting stronger and progressing themselves rather than just being handed an instant kill because a certain mechanic was trivialized. Past the initial 3k VP hand in it'll be a gradual thing for those people to at least have a method to improve their power to help with their kills. While it doesn't really effect those 14/14 hc people it will feel more like a sense of accomplishment for those people still progressing opposed to flat nerfs.

Do agree though that the Cutting Edge FoS should be removed since the whole point of it is the do the content when it is at or near it's most difficult and not after it receives a fairly large (indirect) nerf.

For those playing an army of alts who feel like they MUST farm VP each week...you choose to play them. Suck it up, or don't go full out farming VP and just use what you get in your raids and do it over a longer time period.

I have a lot of friends in a 2 day a week guild currently on 11/14hc and I'm sure this kind of thing will be great for them to help keep progressing their gear while they have to extend lockouts to be able to progress on their time frame. Especially in 10m where WF drops are limited. I'm sure there is a lot of other people in a similar situation it will be great for.

Deleted
    How on earth can people find even the most retarded arguments to complain? I mean, the FoS one is debateable, but any other one is just completely retarded.

-Are you a player in a top10 guild farming SoO every week in 5 toons? the Ilvl increase is trivial, and in any case you are already almost capping every char by just an SoO clear and a couple of Scenarios.
    -Are you a hardcore raider who farms SoO every week in your main? again the change is trivial, and if you still want to cap every week it will take a few scenarios which will take you... 40 minutes a week.
    -Are you a raider struggling in Garrosh HC now? This will help you to beat down the boss and stop the burning and the roster bleeding in your guild. Do you want to take him down "prenerf"? don't upgrade items. In the end, noone will care about it anyway.
    -Are you a guild still progressing trhough HC or, for example, a new 25 man guild formed for mythic? This will help you to clear content faster, finding less brickwalls while being still challenging. Also good progression pace rises the members spirits and helps building community and friendship.
    -Are you a flex/normal raider? This may be a chance to step up and try the next difficulty, maybe find a serious guild or whatever you want.
    -Are you an althoolic? If yes, you'll have a chance to opt in for harder content. And capping VP beyond the first toon is so fucking easy.

I'm in 575, have not raided for almost 3 months, and I just pug here and there, or help friends to fill a spot, be it on a 8/14 normal guild or a 13/14 hc guild. And I couldn't be less bothered about grinding any VP, I don't need it, and most important, I don't want to. I'll upgrade gear with whatever VP I get from being lazy until the expansion :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pichuca View Post
    How on earth can people find even the most retarded arguments to complain? I mean, the FoS one is debateable, but any other one is just completely retarded.
    No it is not debateable cause what they are claiming has never existed.

Quote Originally Posted by chaosjones View Post
    To those who is whining about the feat of strength, do i need to remind you what it says again?

Defeat Garrosh Hellscrean on 10/25-Player Normal/Heroic difficulty, prior to the release of the next tier of content.

It has never said anything about defeat this boss before it gets nerfed. it has allways said defeat this boss before next raid tier comes out.

So please stop being a special snowflake. Cause the feat of strength you belieave in does not exist.
    Inactive Wow Player Raider.IO | Inactive D3 Player | Permanent Retired EVE Player | Inactive Wot Player | Retired Openraid Raid Leader| Inactive Overwatch Player | Inactive HotS player | Youtube / Twitter | Steam | My Setup

Quote Originally Posted by threadz View Post
    Stupidest shit I've ever heard. I already capped valor for weeks getting all my gear upgraded I don't want to redo it because other people can't down bosses.
    Then...don't...do...it? Pretty easy solution.
    You must show no mercy, Nor have any belief whatsoever in how others judge you: For your greatness will silence them all!
    -Warrior Wisdom

I am surprised no one mentioned the character scaling yet - this is the only reason I am really unhappy about this change, not other trivial problems as having to cap valor, or other people getting FoS achievements.

Most of the specs are relatively balanced in the 570-580 ilvl range, because it is what Blizzard has been focusing on with class nerfs/boosts this patch. But when you move another 8 ilvls up, certain classes are going to scale extremely different than others. We can see this on Asian servers - specifically mages and warlocks are gonna get huge boost out of this gear upgrade, imagine a fire mage with 70% crit and 70% mastery. On the other hand, we have specs like ele shamans, which are now (in BiS gear) mastery capped and almost haste capped, so they can't get much from this change.
    Shaman - Hunter - Monk - Druid - Warlock - DK - another Shaman - one more Shaman

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Indeed, with the increase on legendary item drop rates I really hope they just nerf that part of the quest as well. Heck imo, it's the worst part.
    Disagree. Worst part is clearly the PvP portions and having 10 PvE geared noobs trying to get a win for their legendary quest.

No word of a lie, this part of the quest has taken me LONGER on some toons than the 3k valor....rofl...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Marxman View Post
    Not a fan at all of these changes.

If you want to nerf SoO, then nerf SoO. Just do it. Don't make us grind VP for an extra 6 weeks in order to "naturally" nerf the content. That's horse shit. This also hurts alts quite a lot unless you grind VP every week, which everyone LOVES doing on 3-4 characters a week, right? /eyeroll

The timeless coin VP token is also comically overpriced for what it gives. It'd be worthwhile at 1k price, not 3k.

Grinding VP is going away in WoD, why is it becoming more important all of a sudden? This is bass ackwards.
    You mean you don't have 3k Valor banked and 500k timeless coins to instantly get 1k valor when logging in?

This is not a NEW grind, its a reward for a PAST grind! I will be able to Vcap every alt within a few minutes of logging in for at least a month.

Deleted
    Marxman is just mad he actually has to work to get the good stuff.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Juesh View Post
    8.5k-9k valor per gear set

9k x 3 - 27k valor if you have a set for 3 specs. 36k if you have a set for all 4 druid specs.

So much work, not enough time. Please increase the weekly valor cap.
    What? Run 7 heroic scenarios and be capped in a couple hours. Why would you need to upgrade all 3 specs on gear that is useless in a few months? This is for raiders stuck on progressing.

Quote Originally Posted by cptaylor38 View Post
    All of these conveniences to increase valor but they keep the 1000 cap. I picked up the Legendary quest and got to the 3k valor request on my lock. I was close to cap already when I picked up the quest without realizing it and am now sitting at another 3 weeks until I have enough.

Doubling valor increase and providing other means to get it is nice, but if the cap is still 1000 between all of my different raid runs and timeless weekly/daily I don't think that earning the 3k is that much of an issue. It's just having to wait 3 weeks to earn it that's the biggest annoyance. >
    I'm thinking about that as I wait for the next week to finish it with my priest.

Quote Originally Posted by Thallidomaniac View Post
    It still goes against the purpose of PvP gear in World PvP in the first place. We're already returning back to Vanilla where PvE gear = best PvP gear.
    Not even close to those levels. A pve geared person in arena/rbg/random bg isn't better than a prideful geared player in those instances. World pvp died a LONG time ago when they allowed servers to become so faction unbalanced.

Deleted
    I heard world-pvp died when flying in azeroth got introduced.

Quote Originally Posted by xenogear3 View Post
    This is different from SoO nerf.

1 More $15 for Blizzard. More WORK for players. Good JOB.

2 PvP players are secondary class. (Blizzard's meta is Raid first right now.)
    the meta has always been raiding.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mbison View Post
    I heard world-pvp died when flying in azeroth got introduced.
    that coupled with the faction unbalance to extremes is what killed world pvp. Im lucky to see alliance players on Blackrock-US...Barely see any outside of ruinous on Kil'Jaedan-US on my lock so yea...flying wasn't the only demise.

Quote Originally Posted by KaPe View Post
    'Course I'll survive, I've been valor capped for quite a while. Just saying that the average player *probably* has far less TCs that some believe and I don't find this conversion to be such a marvelous idea that will utterly trivialize the VP farming. Maybe if it went above the cap to an extent. Otherwise, yeah, much easier to do scenario than farm 3000 coins - which is only comparable if you get ship/Huolon kill.
    I'm one of those "casuals" (... checking ...) with 714,000 Timeless Coins, so these changes sound fine to me.

Really I don't care about them either way.

I'm pretty pumped, we are 2% off phase 4 hc Garry and this will certainly help that push.