Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...
    Now I only log on to raid Tues/Wed, now I gotta log on more to valor cap? Whaaaaaaaa? Oh well, this just means easier clears

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by arcaneshot View Post
    Upgrades are being removed in 6.0, so there's no reason to upgrade them.
    Gear upgrading being removed in 6.0?

If so that's awesome.

Most useless thing there is.

Quote Originally Posted by ragonfu View Post
    I hope they remove ahead of the curve and cutting edge, I say this as 13/14H, the whole point of those feats of strengths was to show you killed the same boss as the hardcore raiders. It will feel crap to get cutting edge pop up now if I kill Garrosh after.
    as hardcore raiders? they killed him 5+ months ago
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    People on this site hate everything. Keep that in mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Nivis View Post
    I think that this exactly what will happen. As soon as the average item level of players goes up, so will the average requirement for pugs.
    Except for Flex 4, most Flex pugs so thoroughly outgear the content already that this seems very UNlikely to me to happen.

And with Flex 4, in general people fail because they just don't know the fights and everyone would have to be 580 or something in order to just pewpew through them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by threadz View Post
    Lol, 517? Wow didn't realize you were already 50 ilvls behind.
    437 to 517 in the space of a day is pretty quick in terms of catchup compared to previous methods of catchup mechanics. I don't see what your "lol" is all about.

People who do heroic are constantly capped yes, but clearing SoO alone doesn't cap them in a week so I don't know what your point is.
    Are you stating that people who do heroic ONLY do heroic? They have either no reason to do a couple of HC scenarios or cannot find the time to do them? Deluded. Not to mention that people who are already heroic geared moreso than likely have the content on farm and are valor capped on release of this patch, instantly being able to upgrade six pieces of their gear

World pvp is the reason prideful was added.
    Naming conventions is the reason prideful was added. Prideful was always intended to be in the game and the achievement for earning conquest points during its season was in long before the season actually came out. Prideful for the sha of pride, cataclysmic for Cataclysm, wrathful for Wrath of the Lich King.

World pvp was the reason why prideful was bumped from 540 to 550.
    Last edited by mmoccad4d490dd; 2014-05-14 at 10:09 PM.

Heroic raiders will be what 590 ilevel now?

Kind of absurd and pointless, but people will do it I'm sure.

Quote Originally Posted by chaosjones View Post
    To those who is whining about the feat of strength, do i need to remind you what it says again?

Defeat Garrosh Hellscrean on 10/25-Player Normal/Heroic difficulty, prior to the release of the next tier of content.

It has never said anything about defeat this boss before it gets nerfed. it has allways said defeat this boss before next raid tier comes out.

So please stop being a special snowflake. Cause the feat of strength you belieave in does not exist.
    The whole point of this achievement was to get something "when you turn off the buff"... and they ruined it because, you can't turn off gear upgrades. Sure you can play with the words on the achievement, but I am talking about the time Ghostcrawler announced those FoS to give an incentive to "turn off the buff".

Keeping it available defeat the whole purpose of this thing.

It's not a special elitist snowflake thing, it's just.. broken. then again, they changed the Insane how many times...

It's just bad planning from Blizzard, despite what Watcher replied to me in his tweet.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    This is a genius move from Blizzard. They don't have to do anything but players will feel that they "need" to cap VP every week. It also keeps TI relevant because of the conversion. However, it is yet another grind in an expansion overflowing with grinds.

I got burned out from the last grinding session with Secrets and Runestones back in ToT so will do the same thing that I did then and unsubscribe.

15+ Year Old Account
    Because I'd like to do more in the game than farm on my main? Have you payed any attention to the state of the entire game? They'd be better off just nerfing the raid if that's their goal. Instead they're screwing over everyone.

Adding a grind to people already heroic geared.
    Increasing the gap from pvp-geared players.
    Leaving new/returning players further behind than they already are. Have you tried gearing an alt recently?

They're just trying to cling on to their subs by stretching out content.
    Please let me know why you must grind valor to upgrade heroic gear after SOO is on farm? There's no urgency because it's on farm. Of course if it's not on farm this might give your competition a leg up if you haven't been capping each week.

Gearing alts sucks and it's also pointless unless you're enjoying the alt. If people didn't cry every expansion about raiders shouldn't skip content we might have some 5 mans to get gear. But instead we have to use LFR. We can dig up 100 page threads about how LFR isn't fair and that people need to run normals in tier 14 and 15 before you can do 16.

The game as we know it is changing soon, levels reset and everyone is on an even playing field again. This valor change only makes it more exciting for those progressing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Juesh View Post
    I can see if you had content on farm, then that argument could be valid but for people progressing, this will allow them to clear content easier which will still mean something next expansion as you will have a H garrosh mount and everyone else won't.

Pointless comment is still pointless. Majority of the people who actually care for this are those who have not cleared this instance yet.
    I think you overestimate exactly how many guilds will suddenly kill Garrosh though. In a year no one will remember who killed what first because people will be farming SOO heroic with 5 people every week. Those who did before the nerf know who they are.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mbison View Post
    Marxman is just mad he actually has to work to get the good stuff.
    I have no problem grinding. I've been doing it for close to a decade now. I just don't like grinding when there are other, better solutions available. Like, for example, a 10% blanket nerf to damage and health in SoO.

Struggling guilds get their pick-me-up to get over the hump of whatever they're struggling with, and players like me who are BiS and have been for months don't have to grind VP on 3-4 characters for 6 weeks+. We also avoid the issues with alts and rerolls catching up to current ilvl and new players feeling like they're in a hamster wheel with item upgrades.

I'm not even acknowledging the ilvl boost for anything outside of raids, because honestly it doesn't matter. If you're 560+ in the open world, you blow everything up, including old raids. An ilvl bump means basically nothing at this point for anyone with gear, outside of current heroic raids.

^ Blizzard already said they do not like the blanket nerf method. That, plus the fact that blanket nerf being a better solution is quite subjective. Personally, I prefer feeling stronger (time to up my DPS rank) to weakening bosses.

Quote Originally Posted by Qualia View Post
    ^ Blizzard already said they do not like the blanket nerf method. That, plus the fact that blanket nerf being a better solution is quite subjective. Personally, I prefer feeling stronger (time to up my DPS rank) to weakening bosses.
    It'll feel so great capping valor for another 3 months, then get squished and raid SoO yet another month and have all your reforges and upgrades gone right?

It'll feel so great capping valor for another 3 months, then get squished and raid SoO yet another month and have all your reforges and upgrades gone right?
    Have you ever got more gold or materials for an item that you vendored or disenchanted because it was reforged/upgraded/enchanted?

Didn't think so. Well, that's what's going to happen to every "precious" piece of your gear that you don't save for tmog or "whatever" reason as you level to 100.