Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Pretty good solution to the usual raid nerf.

8% is all that will be nerfed after the month and half of upgrading. If you don't get an upgrade then it will be longer.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wonder what it's animations will be like.

Quote Originally Posted by billielecter View Post
    Gear upgrading is a lousy ideal. It was introduced to this game to consume excessive valor points but somehow, it has become so prevalent, so in the end-game of MoP player-base won't get the chance to purchase current tier level gears with valor points, instead of that, they can only upgrade gears. Here is some math, say one gets a gear, one needs to upgrade it because others all did (in some cases one is not allowed to join a raid without upgraded gears) one now needs to have 1000 valor points to fully upgrade one, then with 1000 valor points limited per week, one can only upgrade one gear in one week. So to open another upgrading but still restricting valor cap, is indeed gating progress. Think about that, nothing new in six months, raid is burnt, how to keep players subscribing? Well, give another 8-level to gears is definitely a cheap way, Blizzard is playing around a fool, actually hypnotize its customers.
    "we give another 8-level to empower the players for them to feel stronger, so they become more confident in raid"

That's bullshit, they just want to "mind-control" them as well as their credit card. Saying it in a nice way won't cover their incompetence in this end-game.
    100% correct. Instead of new content or something interesting we get an extended grind.

But most players won't see it. The prevalent reaction is "oh boy, I can be stronger. Must grind more valor. This be great!!"

What I see is more mindless grind and boring repetition of the same stale content. And now you can sink 1000 valor along with the cost of gems and enchants into each item of gear before you move on to the next tier and replace it.

Too many people have lost sight of the fact that this is supposed to be a game, played for fun, amusement and enjoyment; not an endless grinding time-soak where you do the same thing 100 times over so you can "upgrade" digital gear and then move to the next stage of doing virtually the same thing over another 100 times.

Deleted
    Not sure if Blizzard reads these comments, but please could the creative team show a version minus the skull, possibly do a poll vote on MMO champion just to see what people prefer of the 2.
    For me personally as soon as i saw the skull it reminded me of the Amani bear, either version. The bear has this AWFUL helmet covering it's eyes and i'm positive it's naturally aggressive face with glowy eyes would have looked much fiercer. Hoping this new mount doesn't hide a potentially awesome face (with snappy jaws)

personally i think item level valor updates is just lazy on the part of blizzard. instead of creating something for us to actually use valor on, they just throw out these upgrades knowing full well these upgrades will be considered mandatory by most players.

so yea, they effectively find a way for us to spend valor with minimal effort on their side.

Deleted
    Is that a saddle? I dont know, is that a picture of a pile of sick that the devs scanned in?

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    They have a different raid lock out and if it was like ours it would be unfair to them in terms of raiding.
    Isn't the only difference that they still have difference lockouts for 10/25 man?

Quote Originally Posted by Binko View Post
    100% correct. Instead of new content or something interesting we get an extended grind.

But most players won't see it. The prevalent reaction is "oh boy, I can be stronger. Must grind more valor. This be great!!"

What I see is more mindless grind and boring repetition of the same stale content. And now you can sink 1000 valor along with the cost of gems and enchants into each item of gear before you move on to the next tier and replace it.

Too many people have lost sight of the fact that this is supposed to be a game, played for fun, amusement and enjoyment; not an endless grinding time-soak where you do the same thing 100 times over so you can "upgrade" digital gear and then move to the next stage of doing virtually the same thing over another 100 times.
    I guess I'm one of the lucky ones then - my guild is relatively new and we're working our way through heroic 25 man SoO. Yes, all the competitive guilds finished it like 6 months ago or whatever, but here we are anyway. I don't expect my GL/RL to be pleased that this is coming, but one way or the other it sounds like we'll make progress and be able to finish it up, and that will be nice. (Of course, the pressure will be on now to finish it before 5.4.8. Siegecrafter belts, help! )

I always love it when people automatically assume this will be a store mount just because it wasn't datamined and instead sneak peeked. Seriously? They even said it'd be tamable by hunters. Assumptions are silly.

But just imagine if you saw that thing in the corner while you were taking a shower :|.

also, with people complaining about valor points. First of all, that shit is optional and I can tell you very well that 90% of my gear isn't upgraded and i've been just fine. Also, i dont see how blizzard is "mind controlling" players and their credit cards(lolwut?) through minor bits to optional content that is meant to help you. Sure, yes, it's one of those features that blizz uses to "extend" your playtime, but looking at all the MMOs and even games from other genres which have features like that, that sort of content has never necessarily been a bad thing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Overdispersion View Post
    Isn't the only difference that they still have difference lockouts for 10/25 man?
    they can do normal 10/25 and hc

If you just read this forum, you'd think that the game was awful.

Quote Originally Posted by SmokeNicotine View Post
    Won't just be a Wildstar period. Wildstar already has an enormous fanbase and the beta-play, raids and pvp are all beautifully done. It will keep the people that switch.
    Yeah just like all the other MMOs kept those players

Which all had "enormous fanbases" "Awesome end game" " fantastic raids " " Great PVP "

Yeah all the other MMOs kept those players definitely

oh wait...

Reskinned Qiaji mount. Yay? Looks nice, but I would prefer it wasn't yet another store mount.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by raviadso View Post
    If you just read this forum, you'd think that the game was awful.
    I think the fact that people are so passionate (one way or the other) about the game is telling--most people don't get worked up over games that are truly awful, they just ignore or dismiss them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Edinburgh, Scotland. You know, that place with the castle.
    Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    Reskinned Qiaji mount. Yay? Looks nice, but I would prefer it wasn't yet another store mount.
    Remodelled Qiraji mount. The skeleton is the same as the silithid mounts, the model is completely different.

If you can show me a silithid mount with exactly the same shape but just a different mount, then be my guest...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kryos View Post
    Qiraji battle tank skeleton with a new polygon mesh and texture
    Correct. Your point?

Minus the animation/rigging, the model part takes the most time. It's not like it's just a different coloured battle tank, it's a totally new model with a totally new texture.

Your tone almost implies it's lazy, or uninspired, when in reality the majority of new mounts like this reuse older skeletons. Firehawks, Pterrorwings, Drakes of the Wind, Fey Dragon...the list goes on.

Quote Originally Posted by billielecter View Post
    Gear upgrading is a lousy ideal. It was introduced to this game to consume excessive valor points but somehow, it has become so prevalent, so in the end-game of MoP player-base won't get the chance to purchase current tier level gears with valor points, instead of that, they can only upgrade gears. Here is some math, say one gets a gear, one needs to upgrade it because others all did (in some cases one is not allowed to join a raid without upgraded gears) one now needs to have 1000 valor points to fully upgrade one, then with 1000 valor points limited per week, one can only upgrade one gear in one week. So to open another upgrading but still restricting valor cap, is indeed gating progress. Think about that, nothing new in six months, raid is burnt, how to keep players subscribing? Well, give another 8-level to gears is definitely a cheap way, Blizzard is playing around a fool, actually hypnotize its customers.
    "we give another 8-level to empower the players for them to feel stronger, so they become more confident in raid"

That's bullshit, they just want to "mind-control" them as well as their credit card. Saying it in a nice way won't cover their incompetence in this end-game.
    Gear upgrades are gone in WOD along with Valor Points, what are you even complaining about ?

Quote Originally Posted by OxiDiE View Post
    Yeah just like all the other MMOs kept those players

Which all had "enormous fanbases" "Awesome end game" " fantastic raids " " Great PVP "

Yeah all the other MMOs kept those players definitely

oh wait...
    You haven't played it and obviously don't understand. And none of the other MMOs that have come out in that time had good endgame.

Quote Originally Posted by stuartj1992 View Post
    Remodelled Qiraji mount. The skeleton is the same as the silithid mounts, the model is completely different.

If you can show me a silithid mount with exactly the same shape but just a different mount, then be my guest...

- - - Updated - - -

Correct. Your point?

Minus the animation/rigging, the model part takes the most time. It's not like it's just a different coloured battle tank, it's a totally new model with a totally new texture.

Your tone almost implies it's lazy, or uninspired, when in reality the majority of new mounts like this reuse older skeletons. Firehawks, Pterrorwings, Drakes of the Wind, Fey Dragon...the list goes on.

His tone does not imply it, he and a lot of us see this as lazy and uninspired. This is a Quiraji mount with a hydra front and a sting at the back. The animation takes more time than the model itself for mounts. That's why blizz reuses so much. I remember in BC when I realised Wyverns use the same animation as cats for running I was like wow, this is not the Blizzard I know here we are now 7 yrs later pushing this concept even more. If you're gonna make a model that isn't new with re-used parts for the animation just give it in game for moderate work. Make the truly unique mounts be acquirable via hard work in game.

Quote Originally Posted by Airbag888 View Post
    His tone does not imply it, he and a lot of us see this as lazy and uninspired. This is a Quiraji mount with a hydra front and a sting at the back. The animation takes more time than the model itself for mounts. That's why blizz reuses so much. I remember in BC when I realised Wyverns use the same animation as cats for running I was like wow, this is not the Blizzard I know here we are now 7 yrs later pushing this concept even more. If you're gonna make a model that isn't new with re-used parts for the animation just give it in game for moderate work. Make the truly unique mounts be acquirable via hard work in game.

The Blizzard in your mind never existed. In fact, there is not a single game company ever that will make a completely new skeleton for a creature that is supposed to move and behave in similar ways as an already existing creature. The fact that they didn't make a new skeleton for the Ravager isn't lazy. It's responsible. When you are developing a game like WoW, you can't afford to waste resources like that.

They have done the second-most extensive and intensive thing besides making a whole new skeleton, model and texture. Which is grabbing an existing skeleton, adding new animations, modifying existing ones to be smoother, and making a new model and textures.

So don't bash them like you do.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    The Blizzard in your mind never existed. In fact, there is not a single game company ever that will make a completely new skeleton for a creature that is supposed to move and behave in similar ways as an already existing creature. The fact that they didn't make a new skeleton for the Ravager isn't lazy. It's responsible. When you are developing a game like WoW, you can't afford to waste resources like that.

They have done the second-most extensive and intensive thing besides making a whole new skeleton, model and texture. Which is grabbing an existing skeleton, adding new animations, modifying existing ones to be smoother, and making a new model and textures.

So don't bash them like you do.
    If you don't like my opinion that's too bad. I'd rather have 10 uniquely different mounts than the 200+ we're getting that are recolors, re-used old models, re-used old skeletons and animations.

The blizzard I'm talking about existed. Each time they put out a game before WoW it had uniqueness down to the unit level