Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeroun View Post
    Yep gotta get on that .4% increase in damage
    This is not spoken like a true warrior.

That been said, I'm having trouble simming with Mango Ice. What else needs to be changed other than the name for it to work?

Quote Originally Posted by Arbiter View Post
    This is not spoken like a true warrior.

That been said, I'm having trouble simming with Mango Ice. What else needs to be changed other than the name for it to work?
    Food is hard-coded, aka, if we haven't added it, it won't work. I'll add it so it works in the next release, but for now, just add a fake game to a trinket

ex:
    trinket1=evileyeofblah,id=352255,gems=300mastery

(Make sure to remove the line for black pepper ribs)

If you're too lazy to take out the Black Pepper line, you can also do:

trinket1=evileyeofblah,id=352255,gems=-300str_300mastery
    My Stream
    NollTvåTre Looking for Raiders

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Makes sense. Don't know why I didn't think to just add a gem though. Appreciate it.

Quote Originally Posted by CollisionTD View Post
    I took the BIS TG T16H list and added +8 ilevels to each item individually, and ran it at 10k iterations.
    (Obviously results will vary from person to person, but most warriors end up wearing the same gear, so this is a good reference. )

I don't get it.
    Why is the cloak so high in the list?
    The proc doesn't scale with ilvl and both the primary and the secondary stats gain is supposed to be inferior to the gain you'd have with a chest upgrade.
    What am I missing?

10+ Year Old Account
    Cloak is 3 secondary stats.

Quote Originally Posted by DrArtorius View Post
    Cloak is 3 secondary stats.
    Not only just 3 it has the highest budget of secondary stats of any gear we have right now.

Edit: but it's not like it's huge it only slightly higher than chest

10+ Year Old Account
    3 stats + more bang for buck because ilvl scales exponentially not linearly.

Quote Originally Posted by Senen View Post
    I don't get it.
    Why is the cloak so high in the list?
    The proc doesn't scale with ilvl and both the primary and the secondary stats gain is supposed to be inferior to the gain you'd have with a chest upgrade.
    What am I missing?
    If you upgrade an item that is ilevel 500, and then took that very same item, boosted it to 600, upgraded it by the same amount, you will get significantly more stats from the upgrade at 600 than 500.

Plus, 3 stats.

If you upgrade an item that is ilevel 500, and then took that very same item, boosted it to 600, upgraded it by the same amount, you will get significantly more stats from the upgrade at 600 than 500.

Plus, 3 stats.
    I know that but I thought wowhead was aware of that too.
    If I compare the gain in stats between an heroic chest going from 2/4 to 4/4 and the legendary cloak going from 2/4 to 4/4, it's better to upgrade the chest.
    Is the upgrade algorithm of wowhead wrong? I've never used it before and I'm not on my computer to test it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just look at some Asian warrior armory, they're currently using 588 itens. (they don't have 4/4 cloak as far as I know)

If I compare the gain in stats between an heroic chest going from 2/4 to 4/4 and the legendary cloak going from 2/4 to 4/4, it's better to upgrade the chest.
    Is the upgrade algorithm of wowhead wrong? I've never used it before and I'm not on my computer to test it.
    Oh, I see what you're saying.

The stacked list that I'm showing still has +/- error of 150~ dps, just because I didn't want to spend an hour simulating it. Even with that amount of error it's typically enough to separate out the better items, but chest/pants/cloak/helm are all within 200~ dps of each other. Chest/pants/helm are likely better than cloak, but cloak is definitely better than the lower options.

I'll add this warning to the original post.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks for pestering me on the cloak, I double checked everything and apparently the proc was scaling with ilevel, which it shouldn't have been. I thought we had locked the rppm rate on it, but we only locked it at 608 ilevel, not 616 ilevel.

It's fixed in the newest release, and I updated the picture. It dropped cloak a few spots.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for pestering me on the cloak, I double checked everything and apparently the proc was scaling with ilevel, which it shouldn't have been. I thought we had locked the rppm rate on it, but we only locked it at 608 ilevel, not 616 ilevel.

It's fixed in the newest release, and I updated the picture. It dropped cloak a few spots.
    Too late. Already spent the valor lol. At least the cloak is something we won't have to worry about finding upgrades for until next xpac.

Quote Originally Posted by Arbiter View Post
    Too late. Already spent the valor lol. At least the cloak is something we won't have to worry about finding upgrades for until next xpac.
    Yeah, I upgraded my cloak too. It's basically a tossup between the very last item you'd upgrade this week, or the first next week, so I don't feel bad.

Difference between upgrading one item and another is <100dps for most. Don't feel bad regardless and upgrade what is best for you!

Deleted
    Just a question for you all about Mango Ice. How do you all go about to farm the mats? On my server, which is labeled 'full/high' there's only a few Aged Balsamic Vinegar on AH. Do you actually go out and farm rares for it? :/

Quote Originally Posted by Distinkt View Post
    Just a question for you all about Mango Ice. How do you all go about to farm the mats? On my server, which is labeled 'full/high' there's only a few Aged Balsamic Vinegar on AH. Do you actually go out and farm rares for it? :/
    I've tried farming it, and it's an absolute pain. I don't personally think the gain is worth the amount of work you have to put in just to get 1 stack of them.

Did TTT (and other amp trinkets I guess) get hotfixed last night? My prot warriors says his give 10% now, instead of 9.76% or what it was? Or was it just rounded up?
    Checked my mages HWF Bindings, and it gives 10% as well

Quote Originally Posted by Distinkt View Post
    Luckily for me, being on Illidan means that there are always 50-100+ on the AH for 50s-75s each.

I was also one of the lucky bastards who got the Mango Ice Recipe from the very first Cache I checked.

Mad Hozen Elixirs usually go for about 5-7.5g each as well, and there are always some on the AH.
    Window#1725

Easy - US Zul'jin

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by CrippleshoT View Post
    Did TTT (and other amp trinkets I guess) get hotfixed last night? My prot warriors says his give 10% now, instead of 9.76% or what it was? Or was it just rounded up?
    Checked my mages HWF Bindings, and it gives 10% as well
    It's rounded up. I have the HC version with 2/4 upgrades and it sais 9% though it's only 8.51%. And even if I would upgrade it to 3/4 it would still say 9% since it will have 8.84% real value.