Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by heartless8604 View Post
    Horde always had more pride, mostly by blizzard themselves. They've never had massive pride for alliance. It's always been FOR THE HORDE!!! THRALL!!!! and nothing is every done or said about alliance. Love it or hate it, horde has had more lore development in the game then alliance. Thrall has had more attention then any other character in the entire history of warcraft. The next expansion is another horde expansion. Look at all the info, look at the name, warlords of draenor isn't a term for draenei that's for damn sure. Most alliance leaders have sat around doing nothing for eternity, like the night elves. Other leaders have had things happen but in the sidelines in books, like the tauren and the dwarves equal in that aspect. However Alliance has had more leaders completely non-existent then horde both gnomes and night elves have had literally zero attention in game. You wonder why alliance has no pride, it's because alliance are treated as joke races and a beginner faction.
    It isn't Warcraft without Orcs. They're the center of the entertainment and drama.

Quote Originally Posted by Elestia View Post
    It isn't Warcraft without Orcs. They're the center of the entertainment and drama.
    And this is the issue that Alliance players have with the game currently

10+ Year Old Account
    Is only game, why you heff to mad ?

but i just want to kill some orcs for fun
    Spec: i5 4670k - MSI Z87M-G43 - HyperX 8GB -Corsair H100 - GTX 980 ti

Quote Originally Posted by Futtiwar View Post
    Is only game, why you heff to mad ?
    Dude, you have to link the actual video or this doesn't work

But I tend to think this these days when people start raging in online games
    You must show no mercy, Nor have any belief whatsoever in how others judge you: For your greatness will silence them all!
    -Warrior Wisdom

Some people are just passionate about the game, I tend to ignore these kiddies who scream FOR THE HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORDE.

Quote Originally Posted by Nazaraki View Post
    Orcs, plenty of reasons to feel sorry for them, they got turned against their peaceful allies the Draenei just because Gul'Dan, apprentice of Ner'Zul was too hungry for power so he sold his people into demon slavery, much like how the Demon races were enslaved.
    Yeah... really easy to feel sorry for them.. except they weren't under demon control when they sacked Stormwind and Doomhammer thought the cries of the women and childern being tortured was a good thing. Your whole post is just another horde fanboy trying to deny the truth that you play the evil side.

10+ Year Old Account
    This seems like a good idea.

The Alliance has some of the most attractive species.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by ribald View Post
    I often seem to come across people who express the sentiment in the title, and I've always found it pretty obnoxious. Aside from personal taste, when people try to explain why the Horde is better than the Alliance it often just seems to come down to "The Alliance/Humans are racist". Seriously?

The Humans arguably have fair reason for not trusting the Orcs given that they were responsible for two massive wars against the humans whilst possesed by demons (I'll admit im not a lore expert), and aside from that the Horde allows straight up evil people and factions to be members. The Bilgewater Goblins are led by a guy who sold his own people into slavery, the Forsaken and Sylvannas seem to betray or screw over both the Alliance and other members of the Horde regularly, the Blood Elves are all insane magic addicts, blowing up Theramore for no reason, so on and so forth. And lets not forget we just had an entire expansion where the Horde's new Warchief almost unleashed an ancient evil on the world and did all sorts of evil stuff, yet we're not meant to blame the Horde as a whole because it was apparently all entirely Garrosh's fault.

Maybe I've got some stuff wrong, if so tell me, but I can't really see why we get Horde players who act like the Horde are the poor downtrodden underdogs who keep getting oppressed by the mean Alliance.
    You MEANT "FILTHY Alliance" - Not Eff Alliance. I personally don't want anything to do with Eff'n the other faction..

I play alliance because I've been playing Warcraft since the first rts game. Alliance especially the human side has all the good Easter eggs that take you back to the good ole games.

The horde seems to be populated by a younger crowd. In trade there is always some idiot talking about weed, drugs and sex and other things of that nature. I used to play swtor and played the empire side and I swore I would never play an "evil" faction because it seems to attract the oddest group.

Also the only idiots I see getting Warcraft tattoos are horde players. What kind of fool would tattoo the orc crest on his or her back? When the next mmo comes out that will finally be the "it" thing nobody will care or remember Warcraft and you'll have another tattoo along with the Independence day tattoo you got in 95 that you will regret.

Yeah fictional factions in a fictional game calling each other names are really something that should upset you in reality. That's sounds logical.
    Atoms are liars, they make up everything!

Quote Originally Posted by Laeneia View Post
    Last i checked a third of PvP players were humans. Thats roughly double, what the general race distribution is.

Racials is pretty much the only valid factor. If racials weren't a thing, most people would probably be Alliance, because there are slightly more of them in general. The best players, be it PvE or PvP will go where they get the best performance. If Human racials are insane for PvP you'd be a human, if you can. When Horde racials are better for your PvE progression and you are a serious contender you'd raid on Horde side (as enough topend raiding guilds have shown).
    Yes humans are by far the most powerful PvP racial, but that is only reflected in one pvp type of one region - the rest of them all show horde winning a little more (including BG statistics) despite there being no innate advantage present. For whatever reason more serious players have gone horde.

The racials are inconsequential for 99% of raiders - they would gain more from an evening practicing or learning up on their spec, focusing more in raids, etc. It's only for the top 10 that it really comes into place, and that has a knock on effect downwards to an extent, but once again historically since TBC I've heard horde being where the hardcore go. It's perception more than actual advantage.

Also ANYONE not using their BiS professions (for most I believe it's engi/BS) they can't argue they are horde for racials. Paying a few K for a comparable dps increase to transferring faction and having to get a new guild (or organising a guild transfer) is just hilarious.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by heartless8604 View Post
    Horde always had more pride, mostly by blizzard themselves. They've never had massive pride for alliance. It's always been FOR THE HORDE!!! THRALL!!!! and nothing is every done or said about alliance. Love it or hate it, horde has had more lore development in the game then alliance. Thrall has had more attention then any other character in the entire history of warcraft. The next expansion is another horde expansion. Look at all the info, look at the name, warlords of draenor isn't a term for draenei that's for damn sure. Most alliance leaders have sat around doing nothing for eternity, like the night elves. Other leaders have had things happen but in the sidelines in books, like the tauren and the dwarves equal in that aspect. However Alliance has had more leaders completely non-existent then horde both gnomes and night elves have had literally zero attention in game. You wonder why alliance has no pride, it's because alliance are treated as joke races and a beginner faction.
    Did you play in Classic? Not trying to target you, or tear you down - But Until at least Wrath, Alliance dominated the world, and also dominated faction bias'ed UNTIL Wrath. There were always random NPC's always Friendly with Alliance, and Horde always got the shaft. It wasn't until Cata that Horde really started pulling ahead and getting things handed to them silver-spoon-in-mouth.

What did corpsegrinder say? I watched the video and he just used tons of profanity.

you know, i really wanna come back to WoW when the new models come out, but then i remember how immature and hateful players are. it's so freaking stupid to let your character's faction affect your relationships with actual people. i played the game to have fun and have a thing to do with my friends and family, not to p*ss on other people for their choice of faction. reading some of the replies here, maybe i don't miss WoW at all. because y'all blaming each other for being sh*theads is just pitiful.

alliance whine? really? so do horde.
    EVERYONE whines. NO ONE is perfect. BOTH factions have complete utter pieces of sh*t playing with you to make your gaming experience less-than-enjoyable. get over yourselves and thinking one faction is better than the other. neither is. they're the same. not in-game lorewise, but when it comes to the people playing the game. some of you just take things way to freaking seriously and need to back off and consider your state of mind.

Surround yourself with mature players and no matter what faction you play you will feel like you made the right choice

Your title was pretty much echoed by Blizzard, and then some CEO or something had to apologize for it.

I played alliance on a PVP server from day one of vanilla through about half way through Cata. Half way through cata I got a second raid spot on the horde side on my server, so I xferred my hunter to horde and raided in both factions. Then, literally 2 hours prior to MOP launching, my alliance GL/RL announces that he's decided not to play MOP. Since then I've been stuck playing horde. About 8 months ago my raiding guild xferred again from my dead PVP server to a super populated PVE server. Night and day better - groups for everything, stuff in the AH I haven't seen in most of a decade, cheaper prices, and best of all no ganking.

But I hate the horde. I hate them with a passion. They were and remain the worst 'people'. You know what else though? I've hated the humans ever since Varian came back - he's a jerk. Jaina's flat out a traitor - you don't cast Frost Nova on your "liege" (her words not mine) during the battle for the undercity and not be a traitor. The dwarves are both stupid (derp I'm a diamond) and evil (hey I'm the lady you killed probably 200 times in Vanilla, somehow back and in charge of Ironforge! Yay!) The gnomes were and are a joke. The nightelves and dranei have nothing going for them. The worgen are ok.

So to recap: Minus the worgen and MAYBE the blood elves, assassins could take out every faction leader at the start of patch 5.4.8 and I would not bat an eye. Bolvar Fordragon was my faction leader much like Thrall was the Horde's, and where are they both now? F the alliance? "We heard you, Blizzard.".

Having said all that Stormwind is much better than the other cities, hands down and yeah I've been to all of them. I strongly prefer stormwind and miss it daily.

Quote Originally Posted by Alyvia View Post
    I also dislike the Alliance due to the player base.

Speaking as a player who's faction changed at least 2 times, I wouldn't go back to the ''blue'' side ever again. Horde players are friendlier and, for me, it always seemed easier to make new friends and have more fun with them. (I also feel that, while raiding hc-progress, Hordies are more open minded and won't imediately jump at someone's throat if they fail during a specific boss-encounter)

I won't say all alliance peeps are bad, just that I personally didn't have the luck to come across too many nice people.
    I've had the exact opposite experience. It's probably just your server. My server at least used to have plenty of really friendly people. Now it's just dead, but back in vanilla, TBC, and early wrath, it was fairly well populated and the Alliance side was generally friendly while the Horde side was generally a bunch of elitist pricks who refused to play with you if you ever admitted to having an Alliance character where as most Alliance players I played with admitted to playing both factions, despite maining Alliance. I have max level characters on both factions, but my horde characters are on a different realm because of my experience with Horde players on my home realm.

10+ Year Old Account
    Somewhere between here and the sick, twisted world inside my head
    Quote Originally Posted by Brockus View Post
    While I kill Alliance rather than swear at them I would have to say....go check out the orc starting zone. Theramore started the fighting, Garrosh took them out. You play with fire you will get burned Jaina.
    How is Jaina responsible for her father's troops?
    She helped take him out so how is she the one behind it?

Quote Originally Posted by KenjiEvans View Post
    How is Jaina responsible for her father's troops?
    She helped take him out so how is she the one behind it?
    As I recall Daelin died before any events of WoW - at which both pre and post cata kul tiras was attempting to put up a foothold in durotar that was an act of aggression both pre and post war time. During cata theramore was not only allowing the alliance to push onto the horde doorstep of the barrens, but also attacking from the south into it as well.

The attack of theramore was completely legitimate, and given how every other war has gone - I don't see the huge deal with a mana bomb in the context of WoW. It's not like fel corruption.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."