Do battlegroups still exist?

How does battlegroups work today? Are every EU server connected somehow? I know that you only had a few server in a battlegroup before, but have they removed that and connected every server for pvp now?

Reason for asking is because i found the battlegroup from my server, and i've noticed that i've found players in battlegrounds that are from other server not listed in my battlegroup.

Deleted
    I think it works like this : Priority you are in battleground with servers from your battlegroup. In case (which I guess is quite often) there are not enough people queuing from your battlegroup in the given moment, the bg fills up with people outside of your battlegroup. In other words you have a higher chance to be in a bg with servers from your battlegroup, but you will often be playing with people outside your battlegroup as well.

Pretty sure they still exist, at least for EU. There are a lot of servers in EU, that i never see when in bgs. Often when you see the odd players outside your group, it's normally because they are partied up with someone.
    We are warriors, born from the light
    An army for freedom, defenders of life
    Warriors, euphoria will rise
    Returning from darkness we bury all lies