Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    The balance is as bad now as it ever was, with healers being gods and crowd control being, well, out of control. The days of being able to run any comp and have a decent chance of winning are long gone. If you have no healer, you have no chance, unless you just vastly out gear or out skill the other team. And, as always, one or two damage classes are way better than all the others.

Quote Originally Posted by Kashii View Post
    I wish people who created these posts would provide some context for the discussion. Are you talking about arenas, RBG's, regular BG's or all three. Then maybe responses could stay on target rather than taking snipes as one poster's conclusions using totally unrelated anecdotes or data sets from a different PvP environment.
    Blaming op for people bickering about warriors is nonsense. You were given some context. We're talking about class balance this pvp season. I was also interested in hearing what classes give people trouble the most.

on a scale from 1 = "unbalanced" to 10 = "perfect balance" it's something like 7.
    the reason for this is quite silly:
    balance is achieved by everyone except a few poor specs being ridiculously OP, thus making the skill & communication matter when the gear is equal.
    everyone (except a few specs) has a gigantic amount of (instant) cc and instant casts at large distances.

the frustration on the other hand (ranging from 1 = "no frustration at all" to 10 = "so frustrating i could jump out of the window") is about at a 9, because as soon as you/your teammates get caught in a single cc the cc-chain on that specific person goes for about half a minute.

/thread

balance-wise MOP is by far the best expansion so far, but it's achieved through the wrong means (everyone having too much of everything) which is why i can't wait for WOD to ship.

Deleted
    balance-wise MOP is by far the best expansion so far, but it's achieved through the wrong means (everyone having too much of everything) which is why i can't wait for WOD to ship.
    finally someone who gets it

The real culprit in having awful PvP is the arms race. Its fucking god awful, everyone is bringing nukes to a knife fight.

Deleted
    The cc is really ridiculous, as soon as you get >1 person on you you're incapacitated until you're dead basically.

It's balanced insofar as it's got me balancing on a stool with a rope around my neck because of how shit Ret is now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    You are a carbon copy of what you long so hard to fight in the streets. An extremist. Someone so desperate for strife to prove you are the ubermensch, err, Real American.

Alt lite. Sounds like you're having an alt fright. Unable to sleep at alt night. Maybe you should relax and fly an alt kite. Go down to the diner for an alt bite. You shouldn't be treating people with alt spite. Eventually, everything will be alt right.

It's amazing the difference between queuing on my Hunter and my Shadow Priest. I love my Priest but PvP just feels god awful on it, being tunneled and bursted into the dirt by Arms Warrior.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.
    Connal defending child molestation

Deleted
    on my monk, classes that give me hardest time are mage and hunter, i just can't beat them at all. a few bad hunters i can beat, but otherwise i just can't even attack them. a good frost mage and i literally won't get a single hit in, takes me ages to even reach them through all the snares, slows and ccs, stun them and they just blink away. hunters not so bad, but sometimes i fight a hunter that does the same, and i just spend the whole time running around after them.

on my hunter, who im new to pvp with warriors, i just can't get them off me, they have more ways to catch me than i have ways to get away from them, and they can just spam a snare on me so i run at same speed as them, i just spend my time walking slowly away from them while they beat on me, i disengage, they just charge again, or stormbolt or leap to me.

both of those are from low rated (1300ish) 2s bracket though.

on my monk i'd rather 2v1 two warriors than fight a single frost mage, and on my hunter i'd rather fight 2 frost mages than a single warrior lol.

as for how good this season is, its not the worst i gotta say, but every class has so much stuff, so much cc, so much burst, so much everything. games vs healers can last forever, dps games over so fast because all both teams do is blow everything and just nuke, not much thought in 2s, just pick a target and nuke and hope you get a kill before they do. basically i feel damage is just way too inflated in pvp currently, and then fighting some classes is just frustrating because they have too much cc, which blizzard has at least adressed in WOD

this is all from 2s perspective though, which i understand isn't really balanced.
    Last edited by mmocef2fdcc82b; 2014-06-03 at 10:59 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    on my hunter, who im new to pvp with warriors, i just can't get them off me, they have more ways to catch me than i have ways to get away from them, and they can just spam a snare on me so i run at same speed as them, i just spend my time walking slowly away from them while they beat on me, i disengage, they just charge again, or stormbolt or leap to me.
    Couple of things to help with warriors. Posthaste. Binding shot + glyphed explosive trap (useful and hilarious at the same time). There are macros to condense this into one button. Also, run with a spider or crab when it makes sense... spider has a 1 sec longer root duration. This is especially useful right after the binding + explosive trap combo. Obviously, if you're able, you can scatter trap to gain some distance. Lastly, you could use glyphed master's call for 8 sec of godmode snare immunity. I usually don't use it since the unglyphed version works well.

Not claiming to be a pvp god. I mostly do low MMR 2s carries, but I can't remember the last time I was killed by a warrior.

Edit: Assuming you are running as MM as the dazed effect from CS helps quite a bit.

I don't claim to be a hunter expert, I've got one at 90 but really paid no attention to it outside of leveling it from 85-90 early in MOP. Most hunters I come up against use that sneaky combination of 2 CC (disorient type) in a row (is it scatter shot, followed by binding shot?) followed by a frozen trap placed underneath to CC me further when I come out. You can use deterence twice, that gives you massive control over the situation in terms of survival, you can completely negate cooldowns and burst phases when under pressure. There is also the snare that get's put down when the hunter uses disengage (Narrow Escape) that seems to be popular, forces the warrior to waste something (Bladestorm, Safeguard, Trinket) or sit there and wait. Not sure if you've looked at it, but there is a glyph that increases the range of Disengage, given how far I see hunters Disengaging I'd assume they are using it.

When I play my Warrior I come up against a lot of hunters that have no clue how to deal with a Warrior and I smash them to pieces, but when you come up against a hunter who knows what he's doing it's extremely difficult to stay on the Hunter. It's not surprising as to why hunters are among the hardest to beat as a Warrior, and really I think a really well played hunter will never geat beaten by a warrior due to all the tools they have to completely negate the Warriors abilities and strengths.

If you let him get away with smashing you tho, you're obviously gonna die.
    Last edited by Bigbazz; 2014-06-04 at 03:27 AM.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4