Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Juesh View Post
    Please think before you decide to make a reply to a thread next time. Playing all 4 specs for raiding purposes means you're bringing maximum potential from your class to your raid group.
    By the time you have 4sets of gear that are all up to par to your mainspec its irrelevent anyway for that maximum potential arguement is invalid.

Thats not to say i cba to vp cap so amen to that.

as someone with 500k coins, the only long part about this will be the flight path to the item upgrader and back to the timeless coin chick. . . this is awesome and while idk if SoO will still need more nerfs ( 14/14 normal atm no plans to do heroic) maybe this will help out for a while.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRickyB View Post
    as someone with 500k coins, the only long part about this will be the flight path to the item upgrader and back to the timeless coin chick. . . this is awesome and while idk if SoO will still need more nerfs ( 14/14 normal atm no plans to do heroic) maybe this will help out for a while.
    The 1k weekly cap is still there, though.
    Last edited by mmocc02219cc8b; 2014-05-14 at 05:04 PM.

You don't "need" to upgrade ring/neck/cape/bracers or even boots/belt/gloves/off-hand(for casters). Weapon, trinkets, chest/legs/helm/shounders is 3k valor. They also bring most of the value. Assuming you don't share any overlap between Feral/Guardian and Balance/Resto that leaves 9k Valor. Not that long considering you most likely won't be using all 4 specs on all progression.

Also, Balance AND Feral, what's even the point.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zdrasti View Post
    He's telling you upfront what's going to take. It's not ninja looting. It's pirate looting! YAARRRR!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Didacticus Syntacticus View Post
    Only in the Bizarro-world of WoW could people see an additional opportunity to upgrade gear as "punishment."
    That's because valor and item upgrades are crap, that stuff is just there to be a timesink and to keep old content relevant.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightrisee View Post
    Even for people who play two specs, that will take roughly 3.5 months to upgrade. I know pure DPS players who have different gear sets. This also makes all current rankings on worldoflogs / warcraftlogs irrelivant and makes it a pretty unrewarding environment to rank in when every week the next wave of people have an advantage over you. The question is; why are people who've farmed the full instance enough to be BiS and have taken the effort to upgrade gear being punished because other people can't clear the instance?
    If you've been farming the instance for full BIS than why do you need to upgrade all 4 sets of gear at this point? If you're stuck on something then this will help give you that bump. I'm pretty sure Blizzard doesn't give a shit about DPS rankings especially when most of them are bullshit or cheesed.

Your gear will be useless in 6 months or less. So pick what is most important to you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    If Item upgrades are nerfs. What is gear upgrades then? Content is nerfed the entire expansion by people's logic.
    What? gear upgrades get you close to the recommended item level for the content. Heroic is built with the assumption that the people doing it have around a 553, or perhaps 561 with item upgrades, item level. Yes, the old tiers are being nerfed but that's always been the case.

It is kind of a nerf due to the fact that instead of someone being at 561 when they step into heroics they are now at 569 which is higher than the base item level for heroic items. It just falls in line of Blizzards recent philosophy of not nerfing content but buffing players. And when players are buffed the content will inevitably feel slightly nerfed and that's the intention.

So if I get a new item in 5.4.8 then I need to use a week's worth of valor to fully utilize its power?

10+ Year Old Account
    If you're progressing then it's never irrelevant and invalid. Not sure what part of your rear, you got that from. There are many guilds on brickwalls who pretty much have all the gear they can get save a few pieces here and there.

Even if you aren't progressing you might still need to fill in a role for a missing person on farm, the better the gear is, the more efficient you will be at that role.
    Sure it is. By the time he has his 3rd or 4th set upgraded it will (we HOPE) be 6.0. At some point you just call it and say that what you got in SoO is what you're going to get and honestly 10-12 months in would be way past that point for me. Plus this of course - it's really unlikely that his 3rd or 4th set not being BIS is what's holding his raid team back.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shootandkill View Post
    What? gear upgrades get you close to the recommended item level for the content. Heroic is built with the assumption that the people doing it have around a 553, or perhaps 561 with item upgrades, item level. Yes, the old tiers are being nerfed but that's always been the case.

It is kind of a nerf due to the fact that instead of someone being at 561 when they step into heroics they are now at 569 which is higher than the base item level for heroic items. It just falls in line of Blizzards recent philosophy of not nerfing content but buffing players. And when players are buffed the content will inevitably feel slightly nerfed and that's the intention.
    It's still not a nerf. I find the idea silly that it's a *nerf*.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Mbison View Post
    Please think before you decide make a thread next time.
    Nobody else does around here. Why should he?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferocity View Post
    Blanket nerf doesn't do what item upgrades do - they don't prolong content for 3 months (artificially or not).

But there is other question which should be asked by the players. According to various blue posts, once WoD patch hits, all reforges, "incompatible" enchants and item upgrades will be stripped from all the gear. I might be wrong about item upgrades though. But it wouldn't feel encouraging to grind for 3 months just for it to be reverted to none. Well, all this (especially with incoming "item squish") just doesn't make any sense tbh.
    The item upgrades show up on WoWhead still. But it doesn't guarantee the NPC's will still exist.

http://wod.wowhead.com/item=103738

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shootandkill View Post

Yes. It's very much like going back to TOT with your SOO gear. The mechanics exist but with higher health and DPS you might avoid them altogether.

- - - Updated - - -

No one said anything about BIS. Proof you really have no clue what you're arguing.
    From the OP.

I play four specs on my druid and have spent months getting all my gear sets upgraded and into a Bis / near BiS state.
    Plus you keep saying people called the OP stupid. Only one person did and he has yet to post again.

Deleted
    Plenty of people play multiple specs as I said, people also play alts which they'll have to recap now. People want the content nerfed, I understand that. There is no new content to clear and therefore you need to be able to clear the existing content otherwise no point playing. This doesn't mean item upgrades should be forced upon people who don't need them for progress, but will need them to compete in rankings.

In answer to questions about 4 specs, I've only taken gear no one else needs. The contents been out 8 months, playing more specs is entertaining.

No one on this forum has any power over decisions. Take it up with Blizzard. Although I doubt they'll go back on something just because you find it inconvenient.

Deleted
    If Item upgrades are nerfs. What is gear upgrades then? Content is nerfed the entire expansion by people's logic.
    8 ilvls increases your power by approx 12%. Thats over 2 waves of the ICC zone buff that the majority of people regarded as a content nerf. This is why ilvl upgrades are a nerf.

Quote Originally Posted by Asmodias View Post
    Actually, his statement is right in all the right ways. Look at Blizzard over the years. Catering to a small (and I actually mean small) group of people isn't something they do.
    A more clueless comment has ne'er been made on these forums (today at least )

Blizzard have whole departments that until 2 years ago was catering to a TINY group of people.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightrisee View Post
    8 ilvls increases your power by approx 12%. Thats over 2 waves of the ICC zone buff that the majority of people regarded as a content nerf. This is why ilvl upgrades are a nerf.
    Except player power is increasing and not actual nerf to the raid itself.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    It's still not a nerf. I find the idea silly that it's a *nerf*.
    You're just arguing semantics. It's the same end result. SoO will be easier as a result of this.

Deleted
    16 upgradeable items (15 for two-handers/staves) equates in 2-3 weeks of farming if you have the cap on patch day. Stop crying, really - you can upgrade all important items (weap, cloak, 2 trinkets, breast, legs and two others) directly on the first day.