Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Edc View Post
    That's because valor and item upgrades are crap, that stuff is just there to be a timesink and to keep old content relevant.
    Yes, it is a timesink. So what? If you don't like it, don't do it. Gosh.

Deleted
    Lets be honest here if Blizzard was to hit SoO with a 40% nerf every man and their dog would b sitting at 11/14 heroic and unable to down siegecrafter onward because its too hard.

Not to mention its basically giving every raider whether they are casual or hardcore a easy way around the content, you forget this content need to lasts a lot of players about 4-5 months. Thats not going to happen if they can burn there way though a tonne of the raid on heroic untill the next brick wall.
    Don't get me wrong I'd welcome this nerf as I'm done with content a few months ago. Makes my farm easier and means I can take alts to finish off those last heroic bosses they need too.

But I think a gradual increase with item level increase is a nie way to do it and it feels earned. Not like you walk into a raid the minute the patch drops and all of a sudden you can one shot everything because its been so heavily nerfed.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Epsi View Post
    16 upgradeable items (15 for two-handers/staves) equates in 2-3 weeks of farming if you have the cap on patch day. Stop crying, really - you can upgrade all important items (weap, cloak, 2 trinkets, breast, legs and two others) directly on the first day.
    So our ele shaman who yesterday spent 10k to sort out an enh spec to play for fun, which he's been upgrading over time, will now be inferior to other enh shamans and have a signifigantly reduced chance to be able to compete for ranks (which is the only fun thing to do when farming content for mounts really.)

The item upgrades are largely fine. The problem is that the Valor cap will still hinder the pace of upgrades and people still getting new gear will be forced to spend an entire week of Valor into one piece. The Valor upgrade cost was reduced in 5.4 because both Blizzard and players found it to be a frustrating mechanic.

I really hope they increase the cap to say 2k.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nivis View Post
    In a competitive environment, this is not an option. You know that, I'm sure.

I'm also vastly in favor of content nerfs rather than grindy player upgrades. It's the same end result, so why make us work for it? I mean, the obvious answer is "So we'll stay subbed to grind VP."... but what about all the casual players who give zero fucks about ilvl and ranks and such? This does nothing to sway them to stay, and those are the people that are much more likely to leave during content lulls.

I see people play this card all the fucking time, just because you don't like something doesn't mean you can simply say then don't do it. In order to be competitive in PvE you need to get every edge there is, I agree that this is not that relevant anymore, because any significant group competing for SoO top kills has already done so for quite some time, but that doesn't change the fact that these very groups running heroic raids expect their players to do stuff like capping valor for maximum upgrades regardless of if you like it or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightrisee View Post
    This item upgrade idea is horrible. It equates to roughly a 12% power increase, can we please just have a blanket nerf to the raid. Personally I'm not happy the contents being nerfed anyway, but that's besides the point. I play four specs on my druid and have spent months getting all my gear sets upgraded and into a Bis / near BiS state. 2 items per week for 64 items to upgrade means it will take 32 weeks for me to finish upgrading my gear. Thats around 7 months.

Please reconsider and blanket nerf the content or remove VP cap so I can atleast go ham and just get it all upgraded.

Nightrise.
    I sincerely doubt that you have a full unique gearset (i.e. 62 pieces of gear total as Guardian+Feral do not use MH/OH combos) for each spec. Even then, why is your raid expecting you to do every role rather than having more people on your roster? Sounds to me to be a recruitment problem and if that's the case + you're simply that good with all Druid roles why are you in your current guild?

Now since OP is a Druid I do have a Druid related question: Will Heroic Thunderforged RoR still be BiS for Feral or will the extra 8 ilvls make the SoO options better?

I see people play this card all the fucking time, just because you don't like something doesn't mean you can simply say then don't do it. In order to be competitive in PvE you need to get every edge there is, I agree that this is not that relevant anymore, because any significant group competing for SoO top kills has already done so for quite some time, but that doesn't change the fact that these very groups running heroic raids expect their players to do stuff like capping valor for maximum upgrades regardless of if you like it or not.
    I could understand 3 gearsets (tank+healer+dps) in the very unlikely chance of attendance issues making you need to fill one of the roles but 4 gearsets? Plus there is a pretty good amount of overlap between Druid Melee (Guardian/Feral) and Ranged (Restoration/Balance) that makes OP's claim of 32 weeks to be fully maxed ridiculous. Only unique stuff would be:

Tier (2/4 slots)
    Cloak (1 slot)
    Trinket(1/2 slots)

So yeah, 4-7 different pieces between the two related Druid positions.

Still, this sounds to me more like OP is complaining because why not complain. No guild expects someone to be that geared for farm/progression.
    Last edited by Trubo; 2014-05-14 at 05:41 PM.

Deleted
    So our ele shaman who yesterday spent 10k to sort out an enh spec to play for fun, which he's been upgrading over time, will now be inferior to other enh shamans and have a signifigantly reduced chance to be able to compete for ranks (which is the only fun thing to do when farming content for mounts really.)
    I dont really understand your point.

Deleted
    heroic raids expect their players to do stuff like capping valor for maximum upgrades regardless of if you like it or not.
    Yeah. And you choose to participate in it. Nobody is forcing you to do so. So yes, it is your own choice and nothing else.
    It's ridiculous to blame Blizzard for that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Juesh View Post
    Please think before you decide to make a reply to a thread next time. Playing all 4 specs for raiding purposes means you're bringing maximum potential from your class to your raid group.
    Its dumb to try to cover all 3 roles and taking all that gear when most raiders have a mainspec and an offspec.

You honestly cant see the hyperbole he's making with the thread? Dont be such a whiteknight.

Deleted
    Another QQ post about it.

1) If you have cleared the content, why does this matter? You cleared it with less gear, so all this will do is speed up farm days.
    2) If you haven't cleared it by now, you obviously need some help, nerfing bosses is bad because they always over-nerf some bosses.
    3) You are not forced to upgrade 4/4, 100s of guilds have done the content with FAR less gear then will be available.

10+ Year Old Account
    Once again. Blizzard doesn't care about your ranks. They've stated that they want to increase player power instead of blanket nerfing content. This is for the players who are still struggling in Siege of Orgrimmar, not for your guild who is farming H Garrosh for the mounts.

Besides why doesn't he just rank as Elemental?

Quote Originally Posted by Juesh View Post
    Please think before you decide to make a reply to a thread next time. Playing all 4 specs for raiding purposes means you're bringing maximum potential from your class to your raid group.
    Arguable.
    4 specs doesnt mean he plays 4 specs to a full potential, nor does it mean those specs are good.
    Class A could be better than said player as Spec B, And hes taking gear for Spec B where you can have a alt class that out preforms him.
    Also means if hes needed as spec A For a fight, he cant do anything but those, meaning that gear will sit there being wasted.

Deleted
    I play 4 specs for fun. I have unique gear sets for balance and resto, my feral and guardian gear shares around 4 pieces atm. Its not mandatory, I'm just a bit pissed that this was a retrospective change AFTER I did all the shit to get those 4 specs in a good state. Yes 4 specs is quite a drastic number, but plenty of people play 2-3.

Yeah. And you choose to participate in it. Nobody is forcing you to do so. So yes, it is your own choice and nothing else.
    It's ridiculous to blame Blizzard for that.
    Yeah, maybe it is my choice, and I highly doubt that I will be capping my valor every week, just like the bit where I can't be bothered to get my 50 lesser coins every week, I play this game because I want to raid and just raid. Why is it that PvPers can get their gear from just doing that and is it that raiders need to run mundane crap on the side to be competitive?

Yeah, maybe it is my choice, and I highly doubt that I will be capping my valor every week, just like the bit where I can't be bothered to get my 50 lesser coins every week, I play this game because I want to raid and just raid. Why is it that PvPers can get their gear from just doing that and is it that raiders need to run mundane crap on the side to be competitive?
    You get over half of the 1k Valor by just raiding.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty sure if you do LFR, Flex, and Normal/Heroic you can get capped. Although I do agree. In WoD apparently they are going to make valor capping less vital (not sure how unless they are going to make valor worthless for raiding.)

I play 4 specs for fun. I have unique gear sets for balance and resto, my feral and guardian gear shares around 4 pieces atm. Its not mandatory, I'm just a bit pissed that this was a retrospective change AFTER I did all the shit to get those 4 specs in a good state. Yes 4 specs is quite a drastic number, but plenty of people play 2-3.
    I'm confused, are they nerfing Druids? You won't have wasted your time, you won't be weaker than you were the day before the patch. Your gear will still be in a good place with room to improve.

It will make SoO easier for constructed guild raids, but not for pugs. Who knows if that's on purpose or something they overlooked.

So prioritize the top 2 specs you play and call it a day. An extra 8 ilvls outside of Heroic Raiding means jack all.