Deleted

Tier 14 pre-pull 10% damage buff hotfixed

It's no longer working for destruction on target dummys the buff is removed upon entering combat is it just me?

Yea it looks like they implemented some kind of check on entering combat to make sure 4pc T14 is still equipped.

I wonder how they got that idea... *cough 5 million CBs *cough*

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    I wonder how they got that idea... *cough 5 million CBs *cough*
    Naah....couldn't possibly have anything to do with it inb4 soulswap nerf because one other video

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Richardi View Post
    Naah....couldn't possibly have anything to do with it inb4 soulswap nerf because one other video
    I wish......

Soulswap protector like fights is the ultimate whack a mole. Holy crap is that the most boring thing I have ever done in this game.

Quote Originally Posted by slickwilly View Post
    Soulswap protector like fights is the ultimate whack a mole. Holy crap is that the most boring thing I have ever done in this game.
    Indeed, they should add a SoulSwap CD of 8sec IMO.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by slickwilly View Post
    I actually find this playstyle less boring than the normal one at protectors, but it might be just me.

Quote Originally Posted by JV Chequer View Post
    Indeed, they should add a SoulSwap CD of 8sec IMO.
    This would make us turn a lot more towards the "normal" way of multidoting, which I actually liked a lot more, but then they should also let every corruption have a chance of proccing nightfall again.

I really hate the Soulswap playstyle. It just adds too much proc dependency, and too big of a delta in your DPS from week to week. I'll be happy to see it go.

Deleted
    Wait, so people have been equipping and switching an old tier-set to get more DPS? Can someone give me the lowdown on this?

Quote Originally Posted by Mbison View Post
    Wait, so people have been equipping and switching an old tier-set to get more DPS? Can someone give me the lowdown on this?
    I'm curious too. I guess activating DarkSoul doesn't flag u for combat thus allowing for gear swaps pre-pull. Lol thats insane!

Warlock
    Armor Set
    Resolved an issue where Warlocks were able to incorrectly retain their Tier-14 4-piece set bonus when the armor is no longer equipped.
    I am going to laugh if they only addressed 4pT14 set and not 2pT15... it would be so Blizz like....

2piece T15 works.
    Cabana Pie Chart Twitch

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by land View Post
    I'm curious too. I guess activating DarkSoul doesn't flag u for combat thus allowing for gear swaps pre-pull. Lol thats insane!
    Yeah, unclear what's happening here.

I thought the angle was just activating dark soul and taking advantage of the reduced cooldown.

But, it seems like people were activating the 10% bonus and for some reason it didn't fade on a
    gear switch.

Would be nice if someone was kind enough to explain.

Quote Originally Posted by advanta View Post
    Yeah, unclear what's happening here.

I thought the angle was just activating dark soul and taking advantage of the reduced cooldown.

But, it seems like people were activating the 10% bonus and for some reason it didn't fade on a
    gear switch.

Would be nice if someone was kind enough to explain.
    When Archimonds Darkness was changed to give Dark Soul two charges, Blizz redesigned the old T14 4 piece that reduced Darksoul cooldown and replaced it with a 10% damage while active buff. The buff was not tied to the gear and did not go away when you swapped to your T16 gear.

You traded Precast and a bit of darksoul up time for 10% more dmg on the initial application.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulzar View Post
    When Archimonds Darkness was changed to give Dark Soul two charges, Blizz redesigned the old T14 4 piece that reduced Darksoul cooldown and replaced it with a 10% damage while active buff. The buff was not tied to the gear and did not go away when you swapped to your T16 gear.

You traded Precast and a bit of darksoul up time for 10% more dmg on the initial application.
    If only everyone could summarize things so lucidly, you sir are a gentleman.

Surprised? :P Was coming, it was certain.
    Now if they would only fix the pala pre-pull HP whoring... ( i know it isnt that much of a deal, but still)

You could do this same thing with the T11 prot paladin 4-set. You would use GoAK with 4set on and then switch back to normal gearset and still get increased duration on GoAK. I haven't played my paladin for months, but I just checked and this trick doesn't work anymore either.