The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Asfo View Post
    "It is estimated that some 150,000 Polish citizens died during the Soviet occupation"

You are delusional.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    Are you honestly saying that EU and the countries in NATO should just let Russia do what the fuck ever it wants?

Ps. Answer the question.
    Not directly directed to me, but I'll answer the question: isn't that why there is the UN (although you can doubt their "power")?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by b2121945 View Post
    What if we one day allow Russians to store their nukes on our territory, like we did in the past? Hypothetical question.
    We are closely related to Russians and will be in the future.
    Closely-related as in close relations, or is this about the whole Slavic connection you raved about earlier? Because the former is not true, and the latter is just silly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Of course Russia should do whatever it wants. If you don't like something (in their foreign policy that is) - there's diplomacy, negotiations, dialog and stuff.
    Same can be said about any country. ANY.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomatketchup View Post
    Closely-related as in close relations, or is this about the whole Slavic connection you raved about earlier? Because the former is not true, and the latter is just silly.
    More related than with the West in both cases.
    What would the friendly West do in the case we did it, I wonder?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    "It is estimated that some 150,000 Polish citizens died during the Soviet occupation"

You are delusional.
    There was 3 other links. And I easily can find more about this nice guy. Stalin was no better than Hitler, but he won and had better propaganda, so konwledge about his crimes is less popular.

So basically do nothing, is what you are saying?
    Not at all. But there are agreements between countries about how things should be done.

10+ Year Old Account

You are delusional.
    Never mind that most of those killed by the Soviets were the groups that traditionally provided the leadership to the Polish state, the intelligentsia and military officer corps.

Deleted
    More related than with the West in both cases.
    What would the friendly West do in the case we did it, I wonder?
    Did what, occupy Poland? Well, I guess the Poles would send army troops and get the Slovaks out of there somehow.

Still, more related in what way? As far as quick Googling says, Slovakia has fairly neutral relations with Russia, there are no indicators the relations are at kiss kiss hug hug fuck fuck-levels.

Like not sending your troops to invade and annex parts of other countries? I totally agree with you.
    Yup, but look what happened after that
    No real dialog has been established, the usual channels were not used...

Like not sending your troops to invade and annex parts of other countries? I totally agree with you.
    But what else is there left to do if other side can't be reasoned with?

Deleted
    Did what, occupy Poland? Well, I guess the Poles would send army troops and get the Slovaks out of there somehow.

Still, more related in what way? As far as quick Googling says, Slovakia has fairly neutral relations with Russia, there are no indicators the relations are at kiss kiss hug hug fuck fuck-levels.
    No, allow Russians to store their nukes on our territory.

And that's the problem, you have to google our country to know something about it.

Deleted
    No, allow Russians to store their nukes on our territory.

And that's the problem, you have to google our country to know something about it.
    I guess the West would put big sanctions on Slovakia.

I'm not Slovak, so how am I supposed to get information about Slovakia? All I know is that what you are saying is just that, your words, and so far I haven't seen anything you say backed by anything at all.

Deleted
    I guess the West would put big sanctions on Slovakia.

I'm not Slovak, so how am I supposed to get information about Slovakia? All I know is that what you are saying is just that, your words, and so far I haven't seen anything you say backed by anything at all.
    But I thought we were friends, why would you put sanctions on us? Why can Germans store American nukes and we can't store Russian nukes?

Culture is more than just clothing and food.

10+ Year Old Account
    There was 3 other links.
    The first link provided the total amount of Polish people died under USSR occupation. How are other links even relevant? You still wish Stalin let Hitler take the whole Poland in 1939?

Quote Originally Posted by Kellhound View Post
    Never mind that most of those killed by the Soviets were the groups that traditionally provided the leadership to the Polish state, the intelligentsia and military officer corps.
    Who cares? Never mind that died during occupation is a vague term.

Thanks to Poland? We invaded someone recently?
    http://www.spiegel.de/international/...-a-972239.html

Married to US journalist Anne Applebaum, Sikorski, 51, has led the Polish Foreign Ministry since 2007. But his role in the European Union and its relations with its eastern neighbors has become much more crucial since the eruption of the crisis in Ukraine. Europe's history, he warned before anyone else, would be decided in Ukraine. At the time, though, nobody listened: not the French, who were more interested in the Mediterranean, and not the Germans, who were blinded by their efforts to maintain positive relations with the Russians.

But Sikorski was right. And now, this man who once couldn't return to his home country because of martial law imposed by the communists wants to prevent a neo-Soviet shadow from being cast across Eastern Europe. Which is why Ukraine has become his most important mission. In recent weeks, he has been a frequent visitor in Kiev. He has also shuttled between Brussels, Berlin, Warsaw and Kiev, often accompanied by his German and French counterparts, Frank-Walter Steinmeier and Laurence Fabius. In February, the trio mediated between Maidan protesters and the regime of ousted President Viktor Yanukovych with Sikorski, in his custom-tailored suit, visiting demonstrators in their smoky tents and speeding through the streets of Kiev in an effort to find the president. It was a successful visit, with Sikorski helping to hammer out a compromise deal aimed at ending the chaos in the Ukrainian capital -- only to watch it all fall apart within 24 hours.
    Sikorski became involved in the anti-communist resistance as early as grade school. When the country's communist leaders in 1981 quashed Solidarnosc (Solidarity), imposed martial law and arrested thousands from the opposition, Sikorski was in Great Britain. He stayed there, going on to study philosophy, political science and economics at Oxford.

After earning his degree, he worked as a journalist, reporting for British magazines and newspapers from Afghanistan, where he spent months accompanying the mujahedeen in their fight against the Soviet army. He also won a World Press Photo award for one of the images he took there.

Soon, though, merely writing about world events wasn't enough for Sikorski. He wanted to be one of the decision-makers and initiate change. In the 1990s, he entered politics and became deputy defense minister. An early goal was that of ensuring that Poland would not be relegated to the role of a second-class member of the NATO alliance. He was particularly bothered by the fact that the trans-Atlantic alliance did not maintain a base on Polish territory yet the country's military was nonetheless expected to contribute to foreign missions such as the one in Yugoslavia.
    Poland hasn't done anything. It's revachists and russophobes like Sikorski who are the problem. They are acting in the interests of Washington instead of Europe.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post
    http://www.spiegel.de/international/...-a-972239.html

Poland hasn't done anything. It's revachists and russophobes like Sikorski who are the problem. They are acting in the interests of Washington instead of Europe.
    We have to love USA and NATO bases, because we dont want small green solders in Suwałki. Of course, russian press will tell you, that we're paranoid. Sikorki's CV is common knowledge, this article from Spiegel was in gazeta.pl last month.

Deleted
    We have to love USA and NATO bases, because we dont want small green solders in Suwałki. Of course, russian press will tell you, that we're paranoid. Sikorki's CV is common knowledge, this article from Spiegel was in gazeta.pl last month.
    USA is using you for their own good. Wake up.

10+ Year Old Account
    The first link provided the total amount of Polish people died under USSR occupation. How are other links even relevant? You still wish Stalin let Hitler take the whole Poland in 1939?

Who cares? Never mind that died during occupation is a vague term.

The Poles care. Would you prefer Intentionally Murdered While In State Custody, as in http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Katyn_massacre ?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    USA is using you for their own good. Wake up.
    What's wrong with the USA? Unlike the Russians, the Americans were invited over by the Poles while not being at gunpoint.