I think this interview with Mozgovoy should be good insight into how rebels are thinking:
    http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=50d_1...333&comments=1
    Q: Does Russia aid you?

A: Of course. They send us the humanitarian aid, mostly. We don’t really
    need anything more from Russia. Because, certain circles are waiting
    for Russia to get involved into the whole affair. To stain Russia with
    the blood, poured by Kiev. I don’t want that. Russia is my second home.

Q: Are you worried that Russia might “surrender” Novorossia? What will happen if Putin reaches an agreement with Poroshenko?

A: Considering that I oppose the intervention of Moscow, I don’t really
    anticipate it. And Russia can’t “surrender” anyone. This is our internal
    affair, the affair of the citizens of Novorossia. If we don’t want
    anyone to “surrender” us, no one will be able to. None of Poroshenko’s
    agreements will influence the decision of Novorossian population to
    physically destroy him. He will answer to the victims of our land.

Q: Moscow can prevent Russian volunteers from crossing over the border.

A: Can Moscow prevent the volunteers from Europe, from America?
    Currently, the whole world is against us. Even if the borders are shut,
    we won’t be left without volunteers. If there is a will, there is a way.

Q: We heard a lot about the counterattack plans. Is this possible?

A: A counterattack is not possible for three reasons:

1. Not enough man power. In order to carry out a counterattack, reserves are necessary. We have no reserves.

2.The quantity and quality of the weaponry at our disposal is lacking.

3.The fact that there are enemy units in our rear. Currently, the combat
    field is like a chessboard. Until we can clean up the rear, we can’t go
    forward. This is what we are doing right now.

Q: And afterwards?

A: We are marching straight to Kiev.
    Q: Kiev?

A: Where else?

Q: You need more support, from other Ukrainian regions. Two is not enough.

A: Who said that they aren’t supporting us? Militias are currently
    forming in a few other regions. One region has four thousand men. And as
    soon as we destroy the enemy at the rear, we’ll march forward, joined
    by the more and more people along the way.

Q: Your target is Kiev?

A: Our target – is to free Ukraine from oligopoly and from the sold-out
    officials. Maybe it is time to stop slaving for those whose personal
    budget is a multiple of the government budget? It’s time to share.
    Q: Who are you ancestors? Just out of curiosity…

A: My ancestors are the Don Kazaks. I was born in Ukraine, in a village
    called Nizhhyaya Duvanka, in the Svatovsk area, Lugansk region.
    Q: Do you have a military education, background?

A: Seven years in service in the Ukrainian army. Two years compulsory, five on contract.
    Last edited by Shalcker; 2014-09-03 at 10:41 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    I think this interview with Mozgovoy should be good insight into how rebels are thinking:
    http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=50d_1...333&comments=1
    So basically the usual "give no quarter" attitude they had months ago. I can totally see why Kiev is eager to roll out the carpet for them.
    WoW: Crowcloak (Druid) & Neesheya (Paladin) @ Sylvanas EU (/ˈkaZHo͞oəl/) | GW2: Siqqa (Asura Engineer) @ Piken Square EU
    If builders built houses the way programmers built programs,the first woodpecker to come along would destroy civilization. - Weinberg's 2nd law

He seeks them here, he seeks them there, he seeks those lupins everywhere!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulmita View Post
    The usage of the word "west" in your sentence is very generic and full of fallacy as it assumes that every western country has a problem with Russia. Besides the ones that are barking (aka US/UK and Baltic) i think most don't have an issue with them =)
    Ignorant statement, pretty much everyone detests Russia. Do you think the rest of Europe was happy about having their citizens murdered on MH17?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by advanta View Post
    Ignorant statement, pretty much everyone detests Russia. Do you think the rest of Europe was happy about having their citizens murdered on MH17?
    Calls someone else's poster "ignorant statement"
    Follows up writing an "ignorant statement" himself afterwards.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by fumblz View Post
    ehh, it seems like the carrot on the stick to me. Not to mention that if Russia wont fall for it, they can most likely cover any losses by selling to EU/NATO (there was talks about have the EU pay the fines as well). That way they have a win win scenario, they get to have their cake and eat it too.
    It doesn't work that way. You can't pull out of a deal because "Obama said so", and come out unscathed in the international market. This is a big blow for France if the sale doesn't go through.
    even if it does their reputation in the arms trading has suffered a great hit.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm sure France will find someone else to sell those to, given how the east-asia area is going maybe Japan or SK.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tierbook View Post
    I'm sure France will find someone else to sell those to, given how the east-asia area is going maybe Japan or SK.
    I'll start the bidding at $5. I bet I could find a use for one of those.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

They can only resell one ship (first one) and it's heavily fitted with russian equipment. Not to mention the payments France will be forced to make if they abandon the contract. Basically the only way those ships could end up in someone else's port other than Russia is the scenario where someone will buyout the contract.

Quote Originally Posted by advanta View Post
    Who murdered the passengers on MH17? Everyone agree that wasn't the Russians. It should be clear by now that the Ukrainian's shot it down. I mean isn't it wierd that all of the sudden, when the international groups finished their search, examined wreckage and black boxes, that EVERY SINGLE NATION FORGOT ABOUT THE MH17 AND HOW THEY ACCUSED the Separatists (non-stop)?

Comical shit

Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    I'll start the bidding at $5. I bet I could find a use for one of those.
    Docking fees would be a bitch

Who murdered the passengers on MH17? Everyone agree that wasn't the Russians. It should be clear by now that the Ukrainian's shot it down. I mean isn't it wierd that all of the sudden, when the international groups finished their search, examined wreckage and black boxes, that EVERY SINGLE NATION FORGOT ABOUT THE MH17 AND HOW THEY ACCUSED the Separatists (non-stop)?

Comical shit
    remind me again - why would ukraine be using SAMs?

Quote Originally Posted by Olo View Post

remind me again - why would ukraine be using SAMs?
    Because Russia has just threaten with ownage since few days before the Ukrainian army has shelled Russian soil.
    Also what kind of question is that? I mean they might wanted to shoot it down and blame the separatists.

Comical shit
    Other news took the spotlight. That is how the news media works.

Because Russia has just threaten with ownage since few days before the Ukrainian army has shelled Russian soil.
    Also what kind of question is that? I mean they might wanted to shoot it down and blame the separatists.
    right, despite having access to civilian flight data and the plane going east, the Ukrainian army confused it with with a russian craft.

that and "FALSE FLAG?!!!"

keep trying

10+ Year Old Account
    that's some conspiracy BS right there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Olo View Post
    Yeah, but I could rent that baby out at $200k/day.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenblade View Post
    So basically the usual "give no quarter" attitude they had months ago. I can totally see why Kiev is eager to roll out the carpet for them.
    They had such option in March/April; now they don't.

The only somewhat realistic way Kiev could slow down momentum now is if they would surrender entire Lugansk and Donetsk oblast to separatists (not the area they control now) and withdraw 40km from those borders to try freezing situation this way. Then they might get outside support to do that and some rebels might think it's enough concession from Kiev to regroup and start restoring infrastructure first before making more military gains.

..otherwise it's clearly "To Kiev" all the way.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, on MH17 front:
    http://rt.com/news/184592-mh17-preli...-report-crash/
    A preliminary report on the reasons behind the Malaysia Airlines MH17 crash in eastern Ukraine will be released within days. However, it will take one year to perform a full investigation which will answer all questions, the Dutch Safety Board (DSB) said.

The report will be ready at the end of the week or early next week, DSB spokeswoman Sara Vernooij said.

The document will shed some light on the cause of the tragedy, though many questions will remain unanswered, she stressed.

According to Vernooij, the preliminary report will include the first results from the flight recorders and data from other sources such as satellites and radars.

As for the full report, “it’ll take about a year to complete,” she said, adding that it is likely to be published in summer 2015.
    A year? Really? :/

Well, guess we'll see what they'll have in preliminary part in a week...

Also, on MH17 front:

I like how you get your news from RT.....I'm on to your little game russkie!

Quote Originally Posted by SpcGuts View Post
    I like how you get your news from RT.....I'm on to your little game russkie!
    Because it's on top of google search for "MH17 investigation results"; as people note above, it kind of went out of media attention for the rest...

They had such option in March/April; now they don't.

The only somewhat realistic way Kiev could slow down momentum now is if they would surrender entire Lugansk and Donetsk oblast to separatists (not the area they control now) and withdraw 40km from those borders to try freezing situation this way. Then they might get outside support to do that and some rebels might think it's enough concession from Kiev to regroup and start restoring infrastructure first before making more military gains.

..otherwise it's clearly "To Kiev" all the way.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, on MH17 front:

Why do you continue to link RT when it's shown to be as full as shit as Fox News?

Because it's on top of google search for "MH17 investigation results"; as people note above, it kind of went out of media attention for the rest...
    Yeah dude, I'm just joking with you. I just find it ironic since its the "Mouthpiece of the Kremlin."

Obviously RT's America and International offices are a bit less biased. A bit.

that's some conspiracy BS right there.
    Conspiracy? It has the same validity as your theory. Cause at the end of the day, since nothing is prove, both sides are theoretical.