Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    As people say - if you talk about it - you sure have it too
    I would say those people don't know their ass from a hole in the ground. I get that vibe a lot from your posts.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    Which countries are you referring to? Iraq I get. Afghanistan was already in pretty bad shape before we got there, thanks in large part to the Russian invasion. Iran is having a bad time due to sanctions, but that's hardly just a US thing, and they could end that the minute they stopped trying to become a nuclear state. I guess with some twisted logic you could attempt to blame North Korea's suffering on the US.

Meanwhile, India, China, Japan, South Korea, Singapore, Thailand, Malaysia, Indonesia, Vietnam, and the Philippines are all doing fine. There are some other countries that are struggling to catch up, but that's hardly the US's fault.
    The whole Israel Palestinian conflict, and then Syria, Iraq, Iran (Read up), Saudi Arabia (supporting blindly a country run by sharia law and sultans), Afghanistan now and then and Pakistan, with the blind support to the military government that was of course necessary to keep in place the extremists terrorists the us was creating to fight russia.

We are currently witnessing the extinction of cultures that were left alive and mostly untouched for thousands of years in Iraq. 3 million people have been displaced in Syria, once a secular nation. The whole area is completely destabilized and nothing but hell will rise out of the ashes. And that is ALL thanks to American foreign policies in middle east and the European puppets that we are that follow em up.

Was I dramatic enough?

Meanwhile:

Spiegel posts that NATO admits defeat of Kiev in Eastern Ukraine: original (google translate)

Human Rights Watchs posts about situation in Luhansk:
    ...interviews with witnesses and victims about the attacks, and Human Rights Watch observations on the ground, suggest that many attacks were unlawful in that the attacking force used weapons in populated areas that could not be targeted with sufficient accuracy to distinguish between civilian and military objects.

While in Luhansk, Human Rights Watch examined remnants of 122 mm unguided Grad rockets and artillery projectiles of various calibers, up to 152 mm. These remnants of ordnance had been collected from populated areas where attacks had killed and injured civilians. Human Rights Watch also saw remnants of 300 mm Smerch rockets and cluster munitions delivered by 220 mm Uragan rockets but was not able to establish the circumstances in which they were used and whether they caused civilian casualties.

Cluster munitions have been banned because of their widespread indiscriminate effect although Ukraine is not party to the 2008 Convention on Cluster Munitions. While the other weapons are not prohibited per se, the use of such large-caliber explosive weapons in populated areas is likely to lead to significant civilian casualties because it is difficult to target them precisely or limit their effects to a military target. For this reason Human Rights Watch believes, as a matter of policy, that explosive weapons with wide-area effects should not be used in populated areas.

While it was difficult to establish with certainty responsibility for individual attacks amid ongoing fighting, circumstantial evidence indicates that government forces were responsible for many of the attacks Human Rights Watch investigated in the city and that insurgent forces were responsible for several attacks against areas under government control on the outskirts.

On August 18, for example, shells struck the central market in Luhansk, killing at least four people and causing fires that burned down dozens of small shops. Shells struck the area again in the following days, including during the Human Rights Watch visit. The proximity of the central market to the regional administration building, headquarters for insurgents in Luhansk and one of the government forces’ presumed priority targets, suggests Ukrainian armed forces were responsible for the attack.

Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    The whole Israel Palestinian conflict, and then Syria, Iraq, Iran (Read up), Saudi Arabia (supporting blindly a country run by sharia law and sultans), Afghanistan now and then and Pakistan, with the blind support to the military government that was of course necessary to keep in place the extremists terrorists the us was creating to fight russia.

We are currently witnessing the extinction of cultures that were left alive and mostly untouched for thousands of years in Iraq. 3 million people have been displaced in Syria, once a secular nation. The whole area is completely destabilized and nothing but hell will rise out of the ashes. And that is ALL thanks to American foreign policies in middle east and the European puppets that we are that follow em up.

Was I dramatic enough?
    You said Asia... None of the countries you're talking about are in Asia

Quote Originally Posted by Marcellus1986 View Post
    Atleast you don't have objections about anything else

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post
    Laughing out loud.

Your forgot to mention Syria that is ravaged by US backed Islamists and Pakistan that is ran by the military that has ties with the Taliban. Half of Asia is a mess thanks to US meddling. Saudi Arabia, Qatar and Bahrain on the other hand violate human rights and sponsor terrorism with the USA's blessing.

His point is valid.
    Thailand is doing fine. Do they have occasional revolutions? Yeah. It's kind of what they do instead of elections over there. It doesn't really change anything. Over the last 5 years, they've averaged an annual GDP growth rate of 3%, which isn't bad.

As for Syria, they started their own trouble over there. And the US would look bad in that country regardless of what they did or didn't do. Human rights do suck ass in Saudi Arabia, but they would regardless of US involvement there. It's not something we caused.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

Quote Originally Posted by malgin View Post
    Atleast you don't have objections about anything else
    I feel no need to respond to hogwash.

Thailand is doing fine.
    Military dictatorships are not fine, but after everything the CIA has done in South America it's easy to understand your confusion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    The whole Israel Palestinian conflict,
    Granted, and I think we should stop supporting Israel.

and then Syria,
    We're not at fault there.
    Iraq,
    Granted.

Iran (Read up),
    Our involvement in overthrowing their government is not the cause of their current predicament.

Saudi Arabia (supporting blindly a country run by sharia law and sultans),
    Not at all blind, and they'd behave that way regardless of our involvement. We didn't start that fire.

Afghanistan now and then
    Their troubles there hardly started with us.

and Pakistan,
    How is Pakistan's issues our fault?

with the blind support to the military government that was of course necessary to keep in place the extremists terrorists the us was creating to fight russia.
    Those groups were formed in response to the Russian invasion. The US supported their fight against Russia, but Russia created them, not us.

Was I dramatic enough?
    Yeah, the Iraq situation is fucked up, and I blame Bush and company for that. Syria is on Assad, though, not the United States.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post
    Military dictatorships are not fine, but after everything the CIA has done in South America it's easy to understand your confusion.
    The US did not create the Thai government, but they seem to be running the country OK.

- - - Updated - - -

All of those countries are in Asia.

10+ Year Old Account
    Human rights do suck ass in Saudi Arabia, but they would regardless of US involvement there. It's not something we caused.
    I have to disagree. Over the last century, US has gone many extra miles to support and protect the Saudi monarchy, while doing nothing to reform or reign in a government that encourages the most radical islamic sects, funds terrorists, and is nearly as bad as ISIS on human rights.
    "In today’s America, conservatives who actually want to conserve are as rare as liberals who actually want to liberate. The once-significant language of an earlier era has had the meaning sucked right out of it, the better to serve as camouflage for a kleptocratic feeding frenzy in which both establishment parties participate with equal abandon" (Taking a break from the criminal, incompetent liars at the NSA, to bring you the above political observation, from The Archdruid Report.)

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/09/03/wo...ne-crisis.html

Putin Reportedly Says Russia Could ‘Take Kiev in 2 Weeks’

An aide to President Vladimir V. Putin of Russia did not deny a report that Mr. Putin had told José Manuel Barroso, president of the European Commission, “if I want, I will take Kiev in two weeks.”

For someone who repeatedly says he is not involved in escalating the war in Ukraine, he sure as hell talks like he is in a war...

Of course, everything other than the media run by Russia is western-biased amiright?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Meanwhile:

Spiegel posts that NATO admits defeat of Kiev in Eastern Ukraine: original (google translate)

Human Rights Watchs posts about situation in Luhansk:
    I am surprised that you don't mind the article speaking of Russian troops fighting Ukrainian troops.

ps: also from Spiegel Online: this article.
    WoW: Crowcloak (Druid) & Neesheya (Paladin) @ Sylvanas EU (/ˈkaZHo͞oəl/) | GW2: Siqqa (Asura Engineer) @ Piken Square EU
    If builders built houses the way programmers built programs,the first woodpecker to come along would destroy civilization. - Weinberg's 2nd law

He seeks them here, he seeks them there, he seeks those lupins everywhere!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    I have to disagree. Over the last century, US has gone many extra miles to support and protect the Saudi monarchy, while doing nothing to reform or reign in a government that encourages the most radical islamic sects, funds terrorists, and is nearly as bad as ISIS on human rights.
    Doing nothing to rein in their government is not the same thing as causing their human rights violations. Hell, when we do try to influence foreign governments, we get into far MORE trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenblade View Post
    I am surprised that you don't mind the article speaking of Russian troops fighting Ukrainian troops.
    As long as result is right i don't care which delusions lead you to it. If Poroshenko decided to explain his recent defeats by "Russians are coming!!!", or forced to change his assessments from NATO side, it's fine; as long as he withdraws his forces, stops shelling cities, and starts talking on non-ultimatum terms.

I don't really understand US posters who trully belive that the country don't have any strategic interests in the world.

Most of small local conflicts US organised made America richer (or atleast some people in US). GDP increasing, most of people have jobs, patriotic feelings are through the roof.
    If something is good for someone it's not always good for everyone else.
    Last edited by malgin; 2014-09-02 at 09:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenblade View Post
    ps: also from Spiegel Online: this article.
    Check Human Rights Watch reports - it's exactly about topic of shelling cities this article tries to cover.

Granted, and I think we should stop supporting Israel.

We're not at fault there.

Granted.

Our involvement in overthrowing their government is not the cause of their current predicament.

Not at all blind, and they'd behave that way regardless of our involvement. We didn't start that fire.

Their troubles there hardly started with us.

How is Pakistan's issues our fault?

Those groups were formed in response to the Russian invasion. The US supported their fight against Russia, but Russia created them, not us.

Yeah, the Iraq situation is fucked up, and I blame Bush and company for that. Syria is on Assad, though, not the United States.

- - - Updated - - -

The US did not create the Thai government, but they seem to be running the country OK.

- - - Updated - - -

All of those countries are in Asia.
    Israel and Syria are not in Asia, nor is Iran. I guess Pakistan is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Doing nothing to rein in their government is not the same thing as causing their human rights violations. Hell, when we do try to influence foreign governments, we get into far MORE trouble.
    Right, the United States establishment only closes its eyes and doesn't say anything while the Saudi government chops off womens heads, persecutes homosexuals, and funds jihadis. Oh wait, the US arms their military, too.

The relevant phrase is "aiding and abetting".

“The President values the King’s insights, and looks forward to meeting with him in person to discuss a very robust agenda"

Fuck. That. Shit.
    "In today’s America, conservatives who actually want to conserve are as rare as liberals who actually want to liberate. The once-significant language of an earlier era has had the meaning sucked right out of it, the better to serve as camouflage for a kleptocratic feeding frenzy in which both establishment parties participate with equal abandon" (Taking a break from the criminal, incompetent liars at the NSA, to bring you the above political observation, from The Archdruid Report.)

10+ Year Old Account
    Israel and Syria are not in Asia, nor is Iran. I guess Pakistan is.
    This is Asia:

It includes all those countries.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    Right, the United States establishment only closes its eyes and doesn't say anything while the Saudi government chops off womens heads, persecutes homosexuals, and funds jihadis. Oh wait, the US arms their military, too.

The relevant phrase is "aiding and abetting".

“The President values the King’s insights, and looks forward to meeting with him in person to discuss a very robust agenda"

Fuck. That. Shit.
    They'd be doing it whether or not we armed their military. And we get blamed for every damned thing if we try to exert any kind of influence over a country's leadership. Kind of a damned if you do, damned if you don't thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by malgin View Post
    I don't really understand US posters who trully belive that the country don't have any strategic interests in the world.

Most of small local conflicts US organised made America richer (or atleast some people in US). GDP increasing, most of people have jobs, patriotic feelings are through the roof.
    If something is good for someone it's not always good for everyone else.
    Fractally wrong neocolonial apologism at its finest.