The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    One can safely poke a bear only this many times.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

10+ Year Old Account
    Czech Republic, Euro-Atlantic civilisation
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    One can safely poke a bear only this many times.
    A bear with rabies must eventually be put down, no matter the cost.
    Quote Originally Posted by b2121945 View Post
    Don't see what's wrong with fighting alongside Nazi Germany
    Quote Originally Posted by JfmC View Post
    someone who disagrees with me is simply wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoranon View Post
    A bear with rabies must eventually be put down, no matter the cost.
    Oh if that rabies ridden bear will keep poking other bears - it will be put down, eventually.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

10+ Year Old Account
    Czech Republic, Euro-Atlantic civilisation
    Oh if that rabies ridden bear will keep poking other bears - it will be put down, eventually.
    Naturally, but there is only one rabid bear around these days, he longs for days of glory and strength long past that are never coming back.
    Quote Originally Posted by b2121945 View Post
    Don't see what's wrong with fighting alongside Nazi Germany
    Quote Originally Posted by JfmC View Post
    someone who disagrees with me is simply wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoranon View Post
    Naturally, but there is only one rabid bear around these days, he longs for days of glory and strength long past that are never coming back.
    Don't worry, it lives on an island across the ocean.

Deleted
    Don't worry, it lives on an island across the ocean.
    Vancouver Island?

They do have a bear problem. Not sure if rabbid bear problem but a bear problem.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    And do you seriously believe that Putin hasn't learned from the examples of Saddam and Gaddafi?
    I was and still am entirely convinced that he decided to come back for Presidency because of Arab Spring.

And I agree with your theory that it scared him and his gang shitless but I think you overestimate the threat projected from US on to their entourage.
    Dont underestimate the inner political lobby and rivalry which then was still quite potent.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiik View Post
    I was and still am entirely convinced that he decided to come back for Presidency because of Arab Spring.

And I agree with your theory that it scared him and his gang shitless but I think you overestimate the threat projected from US on to their entourage.
    Dont underestimate the inner political lobby and rivalry which then was still quite potent.
    Well, Medvedev went all-in with "cooperation with West" party bet, and he was only exploited for that - with Libya, with Georgia War, with Mistrals, and on many other points. They failed to gain both domestic popularity AND significant Western concessions to get commercial interests on board.

So, yeah, in the end West failing to cooperate only allowed for Putin option.

10+ Year Old Account
    And do you seriously believe that Putin hasn't learned from the examples of Saddam and Gaddafi? Regime change in Russia = death for him and his circle (and likely death or misery for their families), along with chaos and destruction for millions of Russians. (And that any American assurances to the contrary are worthless) That is the lesson Bush and Obama have left America's opponents/rivals/targets with: let us defeat you and you die while your country falls apart. To refer back to Sun Tzu, the US government in the 21st Century has made certain that all of its opponents are on death's ground.

Edited to add: even worse, they don't realize that's what they've done.
    1991, a war was fought to push an invader from an occupied country, the losing country's leader was not disposed. That is what Russia is facing if it invades NATO, not total destruction. NATO does not have the means or the will to wage total war against Russia.

Deleted
    And do you seriously believe that Putin hasn't learned from the examples of Saddam and Gaddafi? Regime change in Russia = death for him and his circle (and likely death or misery for their families), along with chaos and destruction for millions of Russians. (And that any American assurances to the contrary are worthless) That is the lesson Bush and Obama have left America's opponents/rivals/targets with: let us defeat you and you die while your country falls apart. To refer back to Sun Tzu, the US government in the 21st Century has made certain that all of its opponents are on death's ground.

Edited to add: even worse, they don't realize that's what they've done.

I dont think they "dont realize it".
    Or better, I dont want to believe it.
    Let's put it this way, it's one of the two:

1) The US foreign policies are being handled by a group or extremely simple and slow people.
    2) The chaos they unleashed was deliberate.

By the way:
    http://www.euronews.com/2015/09/14/e...alling-prices/

Taking their tractors to Tallinn, Estonian farmers are demanding more support from the government.

Farmers Europe-wide have been hit by slumping prices, partly because of a Russian ban on EU food imports – imposed in response to EU sanctions against Moscow.

The Baltic States have been been worst hit by Russia’s riposte.
    Whoops, didn't mccain mention that?
    aww poor things...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    I dont think they "dont realize it".
    Or better, I dont want to believe it.
    Let's put it this way, it's one of the two:

1) The US foreign policies are being handled by a group or extremely simple and slow people.
    2) The chaos they unleashed was deliberate.
    Perhaps its both? The Obama administration was touting it's "success" in Yemen pretty much right up until the Saudis invaded (with US help) - an invasion that is accomplishing nothing besides helping Al Qaeda and ISIS will racking up a devastating toll of war crimes and humanitarian catastrophe.

I'm currently wondering if Obama and Co. are going to go on ignoring the disaster they helped create in Ukraine (which they're been rather silent on of late) or it they're stupid enough to poke that again while Syria is still boiling.
    "In today’s America, conservatives who actually want to conserve are as rare as liberals who actually want to liberate. The once-significant language of an earlier era has had the meaning sucked right out of it, the better to serve as camouflage for a kleptocratic feeding frenzy in which both establishment parties participate with equal abandon" (Taking a break from the criminal, incompetent liars at the NSA, to bring you the above political observation, from The Archdruid Report.)

Deleted
    Perhaps its both? The Obama administration was touting it's "success" in Yemen pretty much right up until the Saudis invaded (with US help) - an invasion that is accomplishing nothing besides helping Al Qaeda and ISIS will racking up a devastating toll of war crimes and humanitarian catastrophe.

I'm currently wondering if Obama and Co. are going to go on ignoring the disaster they helped create in Ukraine (which they're been rather silent on of late) or it they're stupid enough to poke that again while Syria is still boiling.
    It's amazing how media manages to make things disappear isnt it?
    Ukraine is gone, even though tension is rising, and what about yemen?

7+ Year Old Account
    Pretty funny interview with Zhirinovsky with some over-the-top sabre-rattling (war between Russia and Germany in June 2016!)
    http://www.fakt.pl/polska/wladimir-z...ly,580100.html
    Google translation isn't that terrible.

10+ Year Old Account
    The initial event was over a year and a half ago, and this thread has gotten huge. Due to it getting huge it has also gotten really damn slow. On top of that, the last thousand pages or so have been the same group of people going in circles.

If people want to discuss latest developments with Putin and Russia, there is already a thread: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-you-have-done