Thread: The gear puzzle

10+ Year Old Account

The gear puzzle

Hi guys,

I'm at the point were I got some nice pieces in Flex to replace my crummy LFR gear but I'm not sure which I should use.

I got the following:

Ring:
    Reality Ripper Ring
    Kil'ruk's Band of Ascendancy

Feet:
    Ravager's Pathwalkers
    Minelayer's Padded Boots

Shoulder:
    Shoulderguards of Intended Power

I have been going Haste > Mastery > Crit.

Suggestions on what I should replace first? I currently have only 1000 VP.

My armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...n/Qapla/simple

I also recently got an upgraded Flex TED but I don't think it's showing up yet (It's also not reforged).

Thanks a lot!

Deleted
    I'd replace both your rings now with the flex rings. Your current ones only have one stat on them (with timeless it's gay, you either get like 1 stat that gives 1000 or so secondaries, or two stats that give like 650+ each. Would probably work out as a dps increase even without upgrading them. You can go ahead and put the shoulders on too, more Agi is nice, plus agi/haste gems in the yellow sockets will be welcome too. It will be a minimal dps increase either way with the shoulders. Do you have flex Minelayers boots and LFR ravagers? If so use the Minelayers. If both flex use the ravagers. I'm not 100% sure on any of this as I haven't simmed it, but I think you would be best doing the above.

Oh and upgrade your weapon 2 more times and your TED 2 more times.

There's not really much of a puzzle.

Agility> all.

Therefore replace anything you have lower ilevel with higher ilevel.
    Unless we're talking set bonuses.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Qapla View Post
    I have been going Haste > Mastery > Crit.
    You should sim it but I'm pretty sure reforging crit into mastery is a DPS loss for your gear. Keep in mind that people going mastery over crit have >5k more agility than you which gives ´free´ crit chance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nogz View Post
    You should sim it but I'm pretty sure reforging crit into mastery is a DPS loss for your gear. Keep in mind that people going mastery over crit have >5k more agility than you which gives ´free´ crit chance.
    I see. Pretty much everything I've been reading was saying to go Haste > Mastery > Crit.

I've been using ReforgLite in simple mode to do my reforging.

I'm not sure how to actually correctly sim.

I see. Pretty much everything I've been reading was saying to go Haste > Mastery > Crit.

I've been using ReforgLite in simple mode to do my reforging.

I'm not sure how to actually correctly sim.
    Crit doesn't gain value the less you have of it. A 5% increase to crit will be a 5% increase to crit regardless of whether you were at 50% or 20% before.

There is no reason to go Crit over Mastery.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alth View Post
    I'd replace both your rings now with the flex rings. Your current ones only have one stat on them (with timeless it's gay, you either get like 1 stat that gives 1000 or so secondaries, or two stats that give like 650+ each. Would probably work out as a dps increase even without upgrading them.
    I know they suck but they are giving me most of my expertise. I think I'll just use both rings without upgrading for now. Will put the agi/expertise gem in it I think.

You can go ahead and put the shoulders on too, more Agi is nice, plus agi/haste gems in the yellow sockets will be welcome too. It will be a minimal dps increase either way with the shoulders.
    Will do.

Do you have flex Minelayers boots and LFR ravagers? If so use the Minelayers. If both flex use the ravagers. I'm not 100% sure on any of this as I haven't simmed it, but I think you would be best doing the above.
    I'm currently using LFR Ravagers but I got Flex Minelayers and Ravagers. I'll use Ravagers.

Oh and upgrade your weapon 2 more times and your TED 2 more times.
    I'm hoping the bow from Gal will drop tonight so I've been holding on upgrading the weapon. I also wanted to upgrade 2 other pieces with my 1000 VP (was capped for the week yesterday, will grind more tonight) so they'd be real upgrades.

Thanks!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Azortharion View Post
    Crit doesn't gain value the less you have of it. A 5% increase to crit will be a 5% increase to crit regardless of whether you were at 50% or 20% before.

Thanks!

I'll keep reforging how I was doing it.

Deleted

Yes 5% crit will always give you 5% crit :P Though we could argue about caps.

But it doesn't mean the relative value of the stat stays the same at all gear levels.

Deleted
    I'm hoping the bow from Gal will drop tonight so I've been holding on upgrading the weapon. I also wanted to upgrade 2 other pieces with my 1000 VP (was capped for the week yesterday, will grind more tonight) so they'd be real upgrades.
    The protectors xbow is actually better I believe than the galakras bow. I'm not sure about your gear level but I'm pretty certain the crossbow will pull ahead. Some argue that it is BiS too, so I wouldnt bother wasting VP on galakras bow (unless you were talking about a normal version of galakras bow of course)

Edit: That being said, if you only plan to do flex for now, the Garrosh flex bow will be the best choice for you. Not only does it have very nice stats (haste/mastery) for BM, but it has an extra red socket too. I wouldn't rely on it dropping though as people can get quite unlucky :P.
    Last edited by mmoce7fe1d879b; 2014-05-28 at 11:53 AM.

Deleted
    Aye that's why I didn't want to give a definitive answer. Either way he would be better sticking with the Crossbow overall, and using the extra 500 VP he would have to spend to get the galakras bow up to 4/4 instead of the crossbow on something else.