Page 3 of 45 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saiyendra View Post
    They've soloed Hard Mode Thorim. What's interesting is that normal mode is also checked, and that isn't doable by anyone else.
    Ah, I overlooked the "N" part of his post. The others are right, it can't be done as far as we know.

Thorim N is now correctly red (not done yet)

10+ Year Old Account
    Is possible obtain the dragonwrath staff soloing as mage?

Halion 25 man Heroic goes down !

Quote Originally Posted by Coldbeer View Post
    Is possible obtain the dragonwrath staff soloing as mage?
    Doubt you can entirely solo it, but you could farm some mats alone, on bosses that can be soloed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Araitik View Post
    Halion 25 man Heroic goes down !

Doubt you can entirely solo it, but you could farm some mats alone, on bosses that can be soloed.

Thanks bro.

Mage solo - Halion 25 Heroic

Not much to say about this encounter, except Halion hits really hard (50 to 70k melee, plus specials)

P1, just nuke the boss, kite him away from the adds, enter portal.
    P2, kite him around the room (you can blink through the wall for extra space, but Halion must never cross it or he will despawn). Avoid Twilight Cutters as much as possible.
    P3, wait until his corporeality pushes him INTO the Twilight realm, so he takes more and more damage. Kite him just like P2, burn everything on cooldown.

Spec used : PoM, Temporal Shield, Cold Snap, Living Bomb, Incanter's Absorption
    Glyphs : Combustion, Armors, Evocation.
    As usual, enjoy

Need a Rag kill to finish it, so yeah, just gather some friends for that part (and probably the tree boss).

Recommend you do 25H every week IF you can get friends to help due to how much more you get from it compared to 10N.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    Need a Rag kill to finish it, so yeah, just gather some friends for that part (and probably the tree boss).

Recommend you do 25H every week IF you can get friends to help due to how much more you get from it compared to 10N.

Thanks man

4.5M dmg (12%) away from a Majordomo kill.

Edit : Oh btw, 10m Heroic Beth'tilac down.
    Edit² : 6%. Probably the hardest 2M ever.
    Edit²² : After 2 wipes (thanks, Engineering), FINALLY got a kill (10NM ofc). Onwards to Ragnaros !
    Edit²²² : A single Ragnaros melee swing : 100k. Ouch.
    Last edited by Araitik; 2014-05-29 at 01:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldbeer View Post
    Thanks man
    Np. Best of luck getting it!

4.5M dmg (12%) away from a Majordomo kill.

Edit : Oh btw, 10m Heroic Beth'tilac down.
    Edit² : 6%. Probably the hardest 2M ever.
    Edit²² : After 2 wipes (thanks, Engineering), FINALLY got a kill (10NM ofc). Onwards to Ragnaros !
    Edit²²² : A single Ragnaros melee swing : 100k. Ouch.
    Grats on Domo! Now, let's see if I can help in ANY way for Rag, though I'm sure you've done most of this by now...

50.246m health on 10N, meaning:

• P1 ends at 70% (35.172m HP)
    • P2 ends at 40% (20.098m HP)
    • P3 ends at 10% (5.025m HP)
    • 15.074m damage per phase
    • Actual Total Health: 45.221m

Intermission 1 is a joke with Ice Block (I'm almost positive you can Ice Block the Supernovas) [Note: Supernova does ~100k damage each, so you'll definitely need to block them].
    Intermission 2 is a bit harder due to the other adds that spawn, but they only have 1.556m health each. Shouldn't be too much of a problem to kill them quickly. Also be sure to Cold Snap for another Ice Block.

As far as the phases themselves, Mirror Images should be incredibly helpful to soak up some damage. Ice Barrier (obviously) should be used on cooldown, and Jugg's Crystal is pretty much mandatory due to the damage. As far as how to tank his hits, if you're out of melee, he hits you for ~70-75k Fire damage casts, which is weaker than his melee, BUT it also increases Fire damage you take by 50% for 6s. So, it seems like you'll have to flip flop based on your debuffs since both his melee AND his casts put debuffs on you (if they could just remove those at this point). I honestly don't know how we can really deal with the incoming damage at this time; almost seems like a "kill or be killed" kind of fight, but at 45m health, that's no easy feat.

P1 shouldn't be too bad compared to 2 or 3. Magma Traps shouldn't be an issue. If they are, just blink after you pop one. P2 will have the most damage due to seeds, and an annoyance due to the add. P3 will have the meteors if it takes too long to finish him off.

Intermissions should be spent spamming Invocation to recover your health back, and Ice Blocking IMMEDIATELY when the add closest to the hammer is about to explode. Once the last one explodes, continue spamming Invocation until Rag is attackable again.

Definitely going to be hard with our current situation. Might not be soloable until 100, and even then, it'll be a tricky bitch.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    Np. Best of luck getting it!

Grats on Domo! Now, let's see if I can help in ANY way for Rag, though I'm sure you've done most of this by now...

50.246m health on 10N, meaning:

• P1 ends at 70% (35.172m HP)
    • P2 ends at 40% (20.098m HP)
    • P3 ends at 10% (5.025m HP)
    • 15.074m damage per phase
    • Actual Total Health: 45.221m

Intermission 1 is a joke with Ice Block (I'm almost positive you can Ice Block the Supernovas) [Note: Supernova does ~100k damage each, so you'll definitely need to block them].
    Intermission 2 is a bit harder due to the other adds that spawn, but they only have 1.556m health each. Shouldn't be too much of a problem to kill them quickly. Also be sure to Cold Snap for another Ice Block.

As far as the phases themselves, Mirror Images should be incredibly helpful to soak up some damage. Ice Barrier (obviously) should be used on cooldown, and Jugg's Crystal is pretty much mandatory due to the damage. As far as how to tank his hits, if you're out of melee, he hits you for ~70-75k Fire damage casts, which is weaker than his melee, BUT it also increases Fire damage you take by 50% for 6s. So, it seems like you'll have to flip flop based on your debuffs since both his melee AND his casts put debuffs on you (if they could just remove those at this point). I honestly don't know how we can really deal with the incoming damage at this time; almost seems like a "kill or be killed" kind of fight, but at 45m health, that's no easy feat.

P1 shouldn't be too bad compared to 2 or 3. Magma Traps shouldn't be an issue. If they are, just blink after you pop one. P2 will have the most damage due to seeds, and an annoyance due to the add. P3 will have the meteors if it takes too long to finish him off.

Intermissions should be spent spamming Invocation to recover your health back, and Ice Blocking IMMEDIATELY when the add closest to the hammer is about to explode. Once the last one explodes, continue spamming Invocation until Rag is attackable again.

Definitely going to be hard with our current situation. Might not be soloable until 100, and even then, it'll be a tricky bitch.
    I did some pulls last night, here what's stands out :

• Rag hits like a monster. 100k is huge, leave aside crits, it is almost impossible to tank him without all CDs
    • You can IB the Supernovas, easing the transitions
    • The Magma Blast (the attack he does when nobody's in melee range) can be Iceblocked BUT you still get the debuff. meaning when you're out of the IB you're toast.
    • Mirror Images cannot be used to destack, they get 1shotted

But I am not out of ideas

Quote Originally Posted by Mionelol View Post
    water elemental counters fire elemental!
    Tried that, but had problems de-stacking him without getting myself killed

- - - Updated - - -

Well, that solves the question

This video is not from me

(March 1st !! 3 months ago and I didn't know that)
    Now I know the tactic I intended to use works

Edit : The same guy also did Heroic Madness of Deathwing (!!) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cn2OBVxm2oY

- - - Updated - - -

Well, killed in 4:01 (yayy speedkill). I will still make a video since I couldn't find videos of the other encounters

- - - Updated - - -

Mage solo Firelands - 4 Heroic / 2 Normal

One of my favorite raids : Firelands !

First of all, some informations. First, some of these kills were recorded months ago back in November, hence the chance in gear and UI for some kills. Second, Ragnaros was already killed by (at least) two mages before me, it's in this video because I like the boss. Third, yes Baleroc is a bug exploit, known for more than a year and never fixed. Explanation will follow.

Now, the bosses !

0:00 : Beth'thilac Heroic. Nothing much to say, except that Beth'tilac hits really hard and you can't Iceblock Smoldering Devastation, so be sure to have high enough HP. Unequip and re-equip your PBoI, start a stopwatch and pull at 1:30, so it will proc on the boss not the spiders.
    2:19 : Shannox Heroic. A complete joke with Alysrazor's buff, killed in a matter of seconds.
    3:13 : Lord Rhyolith Heroic : Quite easy, just AoE / Multidot the adds.
    6:46 : Baleroc Heroic. Nothing much about the boss except that he hits for insane amounts. But HOW do I crit for 31 millions damage ? First, notice I pull Baleroc with Alysrazor's buffs (+75% crit and +200% haste). That allows me to have insane healing through the Jugg trinket, but that's not the bug. I also got several "hearth" debuffs on me, these are from the birds adds from the encounter. It increases your damage done by 1000% but (normally) only on this specific add, nothing else. The bug is that during his Inferno Blade, Baleroc ALSO takes 1000% more damage, hence the insane crit. This works with every class.
    8:12 : Majordomo Staghelm Normal. Not hard but you need very high ilvl to kill him. He hits really hard and fast, summons adds that hit as hard as him and leaps to you so you can't really kite him. Use a full dps setup (no healing trinket) and blow everything on cooldown. Keep an Inferno Blast to kill the first add as fast as possible, then kite.
    9:35 : Ragnaros Normal. Spec frost, put your pet in melee range and stay at good distance : you win. Your pet got twice your armor so he can tank the boss quite easily, given that you heal him. When your pet dies, go melee, summon another one, rinse and repeat. Iceblock both transitions, avoid everything and you're good.

Enjoy !
    Last edited by Araitik; 2014-05-30 at 02:06 PM.

My old guildmate Faxmonkey used to do stuff like this all the time was a good read keep up the good work.

Deleted
    Third, yes Baleroc is a bug exploit, known for more than a year and never fixed.

There's an issue here with regard to exploits. I'm (*ahem*) much less judgemental
    about this sort of thing than most, but mages have soloed bosses in the current
    raid tier using exploits, so the whole first kill thing becomes a bit meaningless.

On the other hand if there's an integral feature of the boss that can't be avoided
    due to poor design/coding etc, then we should let it go. I'm not sure what the
    bug is in this case, but it might be a good idea to lay down ground rules for the
    thread.

Quote Originally Posted by advanta View Post
    Third, yes Baleroc is a bug exploit, known for more than a year and never fixed.

There's an issue here with regard to exploits. I'm (*ahem*) much less judgemental
    about this sort of thing than most, but mages have soloed bosses in the current
    raid tier using exploits, so the whole first kill thing becomes a bit meaningless.

On the other hand if there's an integral feature of the boss that can't be avoided
    due to poor design/coding etc, then we should let it go. I'm not sure what the
    bug is in this case, but it might be a good idea to lay down ground rules for the
    thread.
    The main problem with Baleroc is that you need Alysrazor buff to kill him, but that also triggers the bug.
    Also, what's up with mages soloing current content ?

Edit : Also, I don't believe in first kills for solo, because they're not "officially" tracked and therefore unprovable. That's why I never put those stupid (excuse me for those who do) "World First" in my videos
    Last edited by Araitik; 2014-05-30 at 06:58 PM.

Back to Heroic T11 !

Omnotron Defense System 10 Heroic

Omnotron is more boring than hard. It's a dumb nuke, but you have to start with Magmatron, because he got a lot of long-casting specials during when he does not melee you. All other three bosses will destroy you and if you can survive, the second spawn will kill you outright.

Go with a full DPS build, blow everything and kite
    Maloriak Heroic

Well, NUKE. In one word, that is what you have to do. Kill him fast or he will become unkillable if all the phase 2 adds are released and get close to him. That's all folks
    Continuing soon !

Enjoy

This video is not from me
    I was going to suggest Water Elemental, but I totally didn't think to use it in this sense. Wow that is fucking genius. Despite having the mount, it makes me want to try this now... :3

I'll post some results if I can get past domo, haha.

Edit: Brought a friend in to get the mount; ended up having to help me kill Shannox, then we bailed at Baleroc because I already killed Alys on Tuesday. Lol >_>; If my gear was optimized for Fire, I might have gotten some results though :\

- - - Updated - - -

Btw, I'd like to add that WoD is going to take something away from us: The challenge of doing stuff like this, and it's going to make me sadface
    Last edited by Polarthief; 2014-06-01 at 04:01 AM.

Deleted
    Probably my only video ontribution to this thread concerning how to solo Warlord Bloodhilt.

By the standards of other bosses soloed in this thread Bloodhilt is trivial, nonetheless there
    is no other mage video on this boss, and it seems a lot of people are having trouble killing him in low
    pop realms.

Quote Originally Posted by advanta View Post
    Probably my only video ontribution to this thread concerning how to solo Warlord Bloodhilt.

By the standards of other bosses soloed in this thread Bloodhilt is trivial, nonetheless there
    is no other mage video on this boss, and it seems a lot of people are having trouble killing him in low
    pop realms.
    Gratz Out of curiosity, I went to killed Horde's version (High Marshal Twinbraid) with Fire spec. Just nuked him, he went down in under 30 seconds, ended at 620k dps and 20k health (his Cannonball Spin hits for a lot).

So basically, if you have high gear don't bother with Frost tanking, but if you don't (and that's the majority of the people doing this quest) well advanta just made an A+ guide for this.

+3 rep lol

PS : I think most of the people don't know these bosses were nerfed to the ground (they originally had 130M HP and hit way harder than now) that's why nobody tries to solo them.

Deleted
    Gratz Out of curiosity, I went to killed Horde's version (High Marshal Twinbraid) with Fire spec. Just nuked him, he went down in under 30 seconds, ended at 620k dps and 20k health (his Cannonball Spin hits for a lot).

So basically, if you have high gear don't bother with Frost tanking, but if you don't (and that's the majority of the people doing this quest) well advanta just made an A+ guide for this.

+3 rep lol

PS : I think most of the people don't know these bosses were nerfed to the ground (they originally had 130M HP and hit way harder than now) that's why nobody tries to solo them.
    Nice job. I'm a little surprised he went down quite so easily but I keep forgetting the huge dps gulf between TI gear and heroic gear-someone said it was something like 100%. I'm guessing you also use stuff like keybinds, addson etc which are a de facto major dps increase.

I think we agree the statement in the video stands with the proviso that you have sub-optimal gear, which almost by definition those still doing the legendary quest have, though I'd be very interested in someone disproving that statement.

Btw The exploits used to one-shot current content by mages can't be discussed here as I've already had multiple run-ins with the mods. The methods used are on my "other" channel, which I can't promote here but you can probably work out how to find it. People did get temp bans for using my methods, so I'm not encouraging any one to do this, apart from the Celestials I didn't actually use them myself.