Page 44 of 44 FirstFirst ...
34
42
43
44
  1. #861
    Quote Originally Posted by Araitik View Post
    I also got Mythic Guarm, really disappointed by this boss, 100% luck

    Anyway here's the video :


    Huh, I didn't even know it's possible to last until 2:40 and beyond with luck. Also nice progress on Helya! Hope it's doable before 8.2 or with Crucible gear?

    (PS: a few things I forgot to say about Guarm just in case anyone else wants to try soloing it -
    - It respawns in 10s, so you can hit it, save up to 5 stacks of icicles, and cast invisibility. Helps somewhat with the DPS.
    - Don't Shimmer. Getting stunned is very bad for your DPS. Glacial Insulation/Blazing Soul's nice in that absorbs prevent spell pushback so they're useful beyond, well, not being Shimmer.)
    See here for my own Mage solo (and sometimes other classes too.)
    And also see this document for my efforts at listing solo kills of every class. Please do not hesitate to message me if there is some kill I have failed to record.

  2. #862
    Quote Originally Posted by isaac2314 View Post
    Huh, I didn't even know it's possible to last until 2:40 and beyond with luck. Also nice progress on Helya! Hope it's doable before 8.2 or with Crucible gear?

    (PS: a few things I forgot to say about Guarm just in case anyone else wants to try soloing it -
    - It respawns in 10s, so you can hit it, save up to 5 stacks of icicles, and cast invisibility. Helps somewhat with the DPS.
    - Don't Shimmer. Getting stunned is very bad for your DPS. Glacial Insulation/Blazing Soul's nice in that absorbs prevent spell pushback so they're useful beyond, well, not being Shimmer.)
    Turns out it's even possible to survive getting 2 different elements, because the Mixed Elements DoT, although heavy (> 80k / tick) only lasts for a few seconds, since you're not supposed to survive even the first tick.
    Also, good remarks, my kill is far from optimized (this was my 2nd pull )

    Helya is certainly doable with better execution.

  3. #863
    Quote Originally Posted by Araitik View Post
    Turns out it's even possible to survive getting 2 different elements, because the Mixed Elements DoT, although heavy (> 80k / tick) only lasts for a few seconds, since you're not supposed to survive even the first tick.
    Also, good remarks, my kill is far from optimized (this was my 2nd pull )

    Helya is certainly doable with better execution.
    That's weird - I encountered the same phenomena too, but generally I still die after afterwards (maybe ~20s later?). There would be a pause in which there's no tick, but for some reason it would starts ticking again, although I did not give it more than a few tries so I'm not sure if there's something I overlooked.
    See here for my own Mage solo (and sometimes other classes too.)
    And also see this document for my efforts at listing solo kills of every class. Please do not hesitate to message me if there is some kill I have failed to record.

  4. #864
    So I went back to Mythic Gul'dan to test a few hypotheses.

    The good :

    - Phase 1 / 2 are a complete joke. The 10 minutes berserk is easily overpowered.

    The bad :

    - Surviving P3 more than ~30 seconds is still impossible
    - Ice Block does not prevent Sheared Soul (the heal absorb debuff that Soulsever applies), nor does it remove it
    - Mirror Image does not count as valid target for Sheared Soul, I haven't tried with Water Elemental but I assume it doesn't work either.
    - Parasites murder you if they ever get on you
    - There is (shockingly) no way to heal through Sheared Soul. CB doesn't work, neither does healing potion, and Blazing barrier absorbs 500 damage at best.

    Problem is, it doesn't seem a question of gear, since The Demon Within has 5.5M health, we're a long way out from doing this kind of damage in < 30s.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Interestingly, you can pre-shot Mirror Image at the beginning of P3, let Illidan take aggro on MI and then invisibility. Instead of casting Soulsever, he will just run back and forth without doing anything.

    This could be awesome, however Soulsever has a cooldown of 20s, so this does not go much further.

    BTW, I always thought MI became invisible too, am I high or was this changed somewhere along the way ?

  5. #865
    Mythic Emerald Nightmare 7/7, video soon (yes even Nythendra, complete nightmare)

    - - - Updated - - -



    Enjoy

  6. #866
    Some of these Mage solo's are quite spectacular I must say.

    Slowly getting into a few Legion solo's myself on the Mage, compared to my other classes it's quite a challenge which actually makes it a lot more enjoyable. Just wondering what the consensus is at the moment for Healing traits? I'm still putting together a decent AZ set for soloing, but have got around 7% leech. Curious how Quick Thinking stacks up against Cauterizing Blink from those who have likely tested them extensively.
    Last edited by Dakara; 2019-05-06 at 08:05 PM.

  7. #867
    Quote Originally Posted by Dakara View Post
    Some of these Mage solo's are quite spectacular I must say.

    Slowly getting into a few Legion solo's myself on the Mage, compared to my other classes it's quite a challenge which actually makes it a lot more enjoyable. Just wondering what the consensus is at the moment for Healing traits? I'm still putting together a decent AZ set for soloing, but have got around 7% leech. Curious how Quick Thinking stacks up against Cauterizing Blink from those who have likely tested them extensively.
    Hello and welcome among us !

    7% Leech is a respectable amout, I usually solo with 5-10% Leech.
    Regarding Azerite Trait, in general I would say this :

    Cauterizing Blink is god-tier : scales on our stats, synergizes extremely well, works on 99% bosses. This >>> the rest.
    Quick Thinking is good but not that powerful, it's better than nothing.
    Vampiric Speed is awesome if you can kill adds
    Resounding Protection is good for baseline shield. It is generaly superior to Eldritch Warding unless you play Frost with Glacial Insulation (rare but it happens, hint : look below)
    Impassive Visage is very good, constant healing for a good amount.
    Everything else is between "meh" and "total garbage"

    Time to clear Normal Antorus !

    Felhounds of Sargeras Normal


    Also, spoiler for the next video :



    Unfortunately, Varimathras still resists



    Videos soon.
    Last edited by Araitik; 2019-05-07 at 12:17 AM.

  8. #868
    Quote Originally Posted by Araitik View Post
    snip
    Nice Kill!

    Cheers for the reply, 7% Leech require I sacrifice my Ilvl quite heavily. I always keep every piece of Leech (and Speed) gear in the bank until I get a higher ilvl drop for the same slot, so some of it's ~330 Blues. Can get to 5% with everything 370+.

    Sounds like CB is the way to go outside of niche fights then. I've got 1x CB and 2x QT at the moment which is fine if I can Blink then Ice Lance spam while kiting for a full heal, but face tanking it's not so great.

    Being an Alt, I hate to think how many AZ pieces I might of scrapped for Titan Residuum that had solid solo traits...

  9. #869
    Damn! I was going to try Nythendra and Imonar again too, but honestly I don't think I have the DPS for them yet anyway (and also too busy) Grats on the kills!
    So this leaves......Mythic Helya and Tichondrius, probably? Before 8.2, at least.
    Last edited by isaac2314; 2019-05-07 at 12:19 PM.
    See here for my own Mage solo (and sometimes other classes too.)
    And also see this document for my efforts at listing solo kills of every class. Please do not hesitate to message me if there is some kill I have failed to record.

  10. #870
    I got HC Imonar to 41%, but the P2 damage is completely crazy. Sever stacks rapidly and since I must use 2x potions + Bloodlust to pass P1, I'm short in damage to pass P2. P3 would probably be very easy ... I still got a few ideas but damn this boss is hard.

  11. #871
    GOOD NEWS ! Imonar Heroic is DOWN !



    Bad news !

    I had to use this to pass the P1 DPS check while being able to pass P2 (P3 is a complete joke)



    Thoughts ? Should this kill count ?
    Last edited by Araitik; 2019-05-15 at 12:34 AM.

  12. #872
    Herald of the Titans Kuni Zyrekai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    The Frozen North
    Posts
    2,766
    Interesting. Seems like the counterpart to the disappearing target thing in Legion.

    I'd argue it probably shouldn't count, if only because it'll get patched out likely this week.

  13. #873
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuni Zyrekai View Post
    Interesting. Seems like the counterpart to the disappearing target thing in Legion.

    I'd argue it probably shouldn't count, if only because it'll get patched out likely this week.
    Yeah, I'm mixed on this one.

    It's actually possible to pass P1 legit, but it requires a build that does not allow P2 to be done. Also, it requires 2x potions and lust, meanwhile the bug allows to keep 1 potion and lust for P2.

    Still, the kill was extremely lucky, P2 damage is insane and a bit of bad luck cannot be corrected.

    I'm keeping the video around, might release it with a disclaimer.

    In other news, I just went ahead and killed :

    - HC Sisters of the moon
    - HC Mistress
    - HC Desolate Host
    - HC Kil'jaeden

    All were laughably easy and probably long overdue.

  14. #874
    I just attempted Mythic Garothi for fun. Turns out he's really easy, except for 2 reasons :

    - He has a massive health pool and a 10 minute enrage
    - He CONSTANTLY spams you with missiles that knock you back so you NEVER have the time to cast.

    The DPS requirement is ~22k DPS, but the aformentioned missiles are so annoying that I cannot get anything over 16k, even when playing Ice Floes, and Frost is the only spec that can withstand the damage.

    So yeah, this WOULD have been a oneshot, except no. And they apparently fixed the bug where he would stop doing anything when under Berserk, which would have been useful.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Update: I even tried replicating Shoot's video and push him under 35% just as he berserks, but instead of freezing in place the transition takes place normally and then I get obliterated.

  15. #875
    Imonar Heroic - Cheese strat



    Still, enjoy

  16. #876
    Sisters HC solo, did it awhile ago and forgot 2 post.

    Host HC solo, same story here.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •