Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Count your total macronutrients and micronutrient intake, not just calories. When you make a diet plan always start at your maintenance caloric level and then slowly increase the deficit. When your caloric intake is really low start implementing frequent cardio to help with the deficit.

Don't worry that much about your food choices [although 80% must be food from good sources], and remember it's all about calories in and calories out [energy balance].

http://iifym.com/iifym-calculator/ to calculate your macros [Protein/Carbs/Fat/Fiber].
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/ to keep track your food.

Don't be a slacker.

Deleted
    if you want a low calorie intake, don't ever eat rice and patatoes :P

my day exists out of eating either marinaded chicken, cook it with unions and garlic and make a chicken wrap, or breaded fish, sounds weird in english lol breading fish :P
    also eat eggs, i don't eat all egg yellow tho. fish/chicken/eggs barely contain any calories, and when cooked and combined with ingriedients the right way they can be pretty tasty to :P

i lost 14 kg's in about 1-2 months or so watching what i eat, having beneith 1600 cal intake a day (without any exercise)

also watch what you drink lol, i only drank water or that sparkling 1 kcal stuff :P goodluck to you sir

Deleted
    omg chicken wrap.. damn you az2d

DAMN YOU
    Last edited by mmocb78b025c1c; 2014-05-19 at 10:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Madness20 View Post
    that's stupid. fat is stored energy but so is muscle, and if you are starving you'll preferably consume your own muscle since it's the priority and best source of sugar for the body to decompose, mainly glicogen. the right way to lose weight/fat is eating well and burn the calories through exercise.
    It's actually not stupid, the body will prioritize (depending on exercise intensity and availability) in the order of liver/muscle glycogen stores > adipose tissue (fat under the skin) > muscle degradation. You typically won't go into a catabolic state until around 72 hours of starvation, and that's if you eat absolutely nothing. You will however lose muscle most likely when losing weight (certain regimes can help prevent this), but the amount of muscle you lose is largely insignificant, and as stated earlier it's much more beneficial to lose the weight and lose some muscle, and then focus on gaining the muscle once your fat levels are lower.

Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    Our brains use around 500kcal worth of energy per day. You can imagine how bad your situation is if you're down to 500kcal per day, then, let alone below that.
    It's a non-issue, your body will simply break down fat stores as a priority as it passes into a potentially ketogenic state, and without sufficient carbohydrates, the ketone bodies produced in the liver along with some medium-chain fatty acids not bound with albumin will be able to pass through the blood brain barrier (much like glucose), thus giving your brain all the energy it needs to do it's job.

I'm also laughing at the comment about how carbohydrates are bad for you. Why does bro-science always come into play? If you know nothing about nutrition please don't feed people garbage information without true context, it's one of the reasons why society thinks "fat is bad herp derp" among other things.

Anyway, some tips below that may help a little:
    - Protein has the highest satiety level of all macronutrients, so if you want to feel fuller while consuming less, then protein beat carbohydrates and fat in that department.
    - Protein requires 14% of it's calorie amount per gram to be broken down, meanwhile fat and carbohydrate require only 7%. Consuming protein, in comparison to carbohydrates for example actually aids weight loss, because your body expends double the energy breaking down that protein and using it for energy than it would do for carbohydrates.
    - Although not advisable, going to a 1500kcal diet at your weight is not as detrimental as people think. It is not beneficial for performance (obviously) or retaining muscle mass, but as long as you take multivitamin supplements to account for the deficit and use common sense, then it should be alright.
    Last edited by T18Z; 2014-05-19 at 11:14 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by T18Z View Post
    I'm also laughing at the comment about how carbohydrates are bad for you. Why does bro-science always come into play?
    Here's some bro-science for you; this...

...isn't good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by beardedcandy View Post
    it's funny how people think that eating too little means your body wont have energy. fat is stored energy.
    It's funny how you think that's how the body works

- - - Updated - - -

Here's some bro-science for you; this...

...isn't good for you.
    "Fruits and veggies, Fruits are free energy/carbs!"
    "Carbs are bad, stay away from white bread/rice/tortillas, etc!"
    "I followed a diet plan completely not meant for my age/weight/height etc, but I lost weight so that means it works and is the right way to go!"

Disgusting misinformation

10+ Year Old Account
    Virgo Supercluster, Local Group, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Solar System, Earth, European Union, Croatia
    In my experience, it's sometimes best to split meals up if it better fits your time. This is why I don't have a fixed plan that I stick to every day. However, I'll give you an example of what my meals look like on an average day. That means a day when I go to school (well, I don't anymore, since last week, finished high school), which means I'm not home from 07-15.

Morning: 06:30; coffee (yeah, that counts) - 100, 9:30 sandwich - 400 ("sandwich" is very ambiguous which is why you need to exactly figure out how big a sandwich with the stuff you would like to use in it would be, and you literally cannot do this without a digital scale, FYI, I usually use bread, some sort of chicken ham (anything that has below 150 calories per 100g, otherwise, you simply wouldn't even taste it how little of it you'd be putting in the sandwich), a milk-based spread (make sure it has a white color and not yellow), and I absolutely never use any sort of salami or cheese, both have up to 3 times more calories than chicken ham).

Midday: 15:30; lunch - 500 - anything my mum cooks, but I try to avoid carbohydrates, not because of the "it's bad for you" propaganda, but simply because it has a crazy calorie density. Meaning there'd simply be so little of it it wouldn't even be like eating, same like cheese. This is why I try to stick with meat, usually chicken, which has the least calories, and vegetables. Seriously, people who don't like vegetables to the point they're not willing to make a compromise will simply never lose weight. 16:30 - coffee - 100, 15:30-19:00 - snacks, sweets and stuff you simply can't live without - 100

Evening: 19:00; dinner - 400 - a piece of fruit, orange or apple, along with 200g of yoghurt and about 50g (5-6 pieces) of rice cookies. Ah, i guess you don't have that in most countries. It's essentially rice somehow inflated and then pressed into cookies with a styrofoam-like texture and a non-styrofoam-like taste. It's much better than it sounds. It has very few calories but makes you feel like you've eaten a lot.

That all amounts to 1600, I believe, a bit more than what you're aiming for. If you want to lose weight properly, you can take some of my advice, this isn't stuff I'm just spouting because I saw it somewhere and believe it, it's stuff I've tried which I've realized works. I lost 32 kg in the last 10 months thanks to a lot of these. If I'd known some of it from the beginning, I'd have lost the entire amount that I have had planned. Anyways:

1) Count calories and weigh your food. Now, obviously, this simply doesn't make any sense if you don't know how much you need to eat. In order to figure that out, you need to calculate your BMR (basic metabolism rate). Your real metabolism on a day where you just sit home doing nothing is actually your 1.2xBMR. However, whatever number you get is the number of calories you need to eat to keep your weight the same. If you want to lose, for example, 2 kg a month, which is 16 000 calories, you need to eat 16 000/30=530 less calories every day than your 1.2xBMR number of calories. On that number, you add up whatever physical activity you're doing on a given day and increase your calorie intake accordingly.

For this, you need to know how much a given physical activity burns calories per hour. Just google this stuff in the beginning and write it down on a piece of paper, but what you need to know is that even walking burns quite a lot. About 300 per hour. Running is 500 and swimming 700, for example. You also need to write down how many calories every single food has per 100g. This will be exhausting to do, but it's worth it (just google it as well). You'll know, or at least be able to approximate based on basic ingridients, how many calories a given food has simply by weighing it. You obviously cannot do this without a digital scale, as I've already said.

2) Work out. I'm not saying you need to run or swim or whatever. Just do some physical activity. Even walking to wherever you have to go most days is good, instead of taking a tram or a bus.

3) Don't completely abstain from eating certain foods. There's nothing inherently bad about chocolate or pasta or bread of anything with carbohydrates, it's just that it's generally beneficial to avoid that kind of stuff in large quantities if you're trying to lose weight.

4) Eat a bit of sweet every day. If you don't do this, you will simply be overwhelmed one day and eat far more than you would in all the days between such overeating events.

5) Have cheat days here and there. You need to make up for these, however. If you eat 1000 more calories on a cheat day, it's smart to just eat 150 less every day the whole next week. Cheat days don't actually cheat your body into increasing the metabolism, they simply allow you to indulge your need to eat a lot or eat properly which is trying to express itself, and by doing that, it gets suppressed for the next two or three weeks.
    Last edited by Wikiy; 2014-05-19 at 10:01 PM.

Temporary Diet plans are always bad, and won't really help you in the long term, since you'll eventually give it up and it'll all be for nothing. Just try to have a nutreically balanced diet, that you feel you can have for a lifetime.

Deleted
    Eat much of things low carbs

Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    Guys I'll be frank, I'm a terrible cook. I have no problem sticking to good foods and decent portions but often this involves me going out to a wrap restaurant looking at their nutritional menu and selecting a 500 calorie meal.

I need a meal plan at 1500 calories a day of all foods that I can cook with little to no expertise. If anyone could help it'd be appreciated. (and for the love of god don't suggest hummus anywhere, it's disgusting.)

Thanks
    While I cannot provide you a list of wonderful meals you can make I can tell you that 1500 calories is too little to be consuming. Unless you are morbidly obese and are that worried about your weight I would suggest upping that daily intake to 2,000-2,500 which is the norm for everyone.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by beardedcandy View Post
    it's funny how people think that eating too little means your body wont have energy. fat is stored energy.
    Very true and it takes a LOT of working out for the body to say "Hey let's use up this here fat."

First the body looks for energy in the stuff you ate today
    Next it looks towards the muscles (unless you are working out then it'll build the burn aka lactic acid up quicker to get you to stop)
    Lastly it looks to the fat reserves

Eating too little will 100% cause you to have little energy to perform. It's a proven fact.

Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    Guys I'll be frank, I'm a terrible cook. I have no problem sticking to good foods and decent portions but often this involves me going out to a wrap restaurant looking at their nutritional menu and selecting a 500 calorie meal.

I need a meal plan at 1500 calories a day of all foods that I can cook with little to no expertise. If anyone could help it'd be appreciated. (and for the love of god don't suggest hummus anywhere, it's disgusting.)

Thanks
    Try green smoothies, very low in calories, super healthy, good fiber, very convenient with high energy and nutritional value and it's raw.

You'll have to invest some money initially in a good blender if you want to have good consistency such as the Blendtec or Vitamix, otherwise you could make do with a cheap blender. You can do either one drink a day with 2 meals, or 1 meal and 2 drinks, whatever you're comfortable with.

You can make a batch and store it in the fridge for 3 days or freeze some of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Alocin View Post
    Very true and it takes a LOT of working out for the body to say "Hey let's use up this here fat."

Next it looks towards the muscles (unless you are working out then it'll build the burn aka lactic acid up quicker to get you to stop)
    This isn't quite right; during moderate effort aerobic workouts, fat metabolism is substantial. While it's an extreme example, looking at ultramarathoners provides an excellent example of the importance of fat metabolism in fueling aerobic workouts. In reality, at any given time during a run, your body is feeding in various ratios off of different energy sources, making the "fat burning zone" and "glycogen burning zone" misnomers to a certain extent, as both supplies are being used for energy, just in different portions at different effort levels and distances.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alocin View Post
    While I cannot provide you a list of wonderful meals you can make I can tell you that 1500 calories is too little to be consuming. Unless you are morbidly obese and are that worried about your weight I would suggest upping that daily intake to 2,000-2,500 which is the norm for everyone.

- - - Updated - - -

Eating too little will 100% cause you to have little energy to perform. It's a proven fact.
    Its not just that. Not eating enough causes your metabolism to slow due to your body entering a state of starvation. At this point it starts to store MORE fat rather than burn fat which is the intended goal. Fat is a higher energy source than muscle. so when forced into "starvation" your body reacts to store more fat for the long haul and will initially start to eat away at your muscle mass as it requires less energy to break down than fat.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    This isn't quite right; during moderate effort aerobic workouts, fat metabolism is substantial. While it's an extreme example, looking at ultramarathoners provides an excellent example of the importance of fat metabolism in fueling aerobic workouts. In reality, at any given time during a run, your body is feeding in various ratios off of different energy sources, making the "fat burning zone" and "glycogen burning zone" misnomers to a certain extent, as both supplies are being used for energy, just in different portions at different effort levels and distances.
    Generally speaking it will take 20 minutes of running at around 10kph to burn of your main glycogen stores. ~about the first 250 calories you burn is stored sugars. after that your body as you mention will revert to a mix of other sources. Most people also don't realise your need (as an average height male) about 130g of protein per day to maintain current muscle mass.

Swimming is also much better than running and most other aerobic workouts for fat burn. 1000m which takes about 25-30mins (if your not slaking) will burn between 300-400Kcal on an average person. (bigger the person the more will get burned) You also get a much smoother fat burn across the body due to in essence your whole body being worked at the same time rather than typical muscle groups. (aka the chest/shoulder/arm brigade)

Quote Originally Posted by Tsubodia View Post
    Generally speaking it will take 20 minutes of running at around 10kph to burn of your main glycogen stores. ~about the first 250 calories you burn is stored sugars.
    I'm not sure where you're getting that from. The 20 mile mark of marathons is famous for being a "bonk" point as a result of glycogen depletion. Maybe you're thinking only of liver glycogen? Muscular glycogen storage is substantial in distance runners.

Quote Originally Posted by Tsubodia View Post
    Swimming is also much better than running and most other aerobic workouts for fat burn. 1000m which takes about 25-30mins (if your not slaking) will burn between 300-400Kcal on an average person.
    As has been discussed on the boards a lot of times, "better" is kind of a nonsensical term here. That burn rate that you're mentioning there, which I'll take at face value, is more or less on par with what I burn during easy paced running (~100 calories/mile, 7:30/mile, ~800 calories/hour). Cycling generally has a somewhat lower burn rate (unless you're crushing hills), but is generally more feasible to maintain for very extended stretches. Four hours in the pool or running is only feasible for people that are very well trained, but it's not that big of a deal to go for a four hour bike ride.

In any case, trying to pick an activity around max calorie burn per time unit is silly anyway. I guarantee I burn more calories running than 99+% of people do with their chosen hobby. At the same time, super serious cyclists and swimmers can easily burn more than I do. Pick the thing you like, stick to it, and have fun.

Deleted
    Bread, peanut butter (since most likely it's sweet), rice, vegs (most likely the wrong kind as well), fruit (wrong if eaten in abundance), weetabix, porridge, honey, strawberries, pineapple, corn cakes, jam, yoghurt (because we know it'll be the bad kind with loads of sugar), stir-fry.
    All I see is sugar and cheap, unhealthy carbs. If you think the shit above is "health food", then time to educate yourself.
    Whole grain bread is fine. Oatmeal is better. White bread is worse. Buns are worse. etc.

Honey, strawberries, jam is bad indeed. Nothing but sugar and dexterose. However dexterose is meh. Beats sugar.

Should take greek yoghurt, low fat. Even better is flat cheese / kwark. Yoghurt should be eaten without anything in it.

Peanutbutter is possibly the best thing to eat next to lean meat on ur sandwich. Make sure u get a nutted version over creamy ones. Yes, PB contains alot of unsaturated fat (wich is the good kind), close to no carbs and high proteine. It makes due as a sub for lean meat if u want some variation. Dont eat 5 sandwiches with it every day.

Fruits are fine, but even in fruits theres a difference in healthyness. Apple, Banana and Oranges are one of the best carb / vitamins / minerals / fiber wise.

For diner, anything will do as long as u watch the ammount of fat and carbs. Being on a diet doesnt mean u suddenly have to stop eating stuff, it means u need to manage what you eat and make wiser choices. If ur going with rice, take long grain instead of white. If ur going with meat, choose chicken over pork. If ur going salad, dont add a mayo dressing, etc. These small things alone will do wonders for everyone. But it requires you to think about what u eat.

Also, unless ur 16, 1.4m high and 40kg, 1500kc isnt enough for your body to lose weight without devouring muscles.
    Last edited by mmoc9478eb6901; 2014-06-07 at 01:32 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiift View Post
    Whole grain bread is fine. Oatmeal is better. White bread is worse. Buns are worse. etc.

Honey, strawberries, jam is bad indeed. Nothing but sugar and dexterose. However dexterose is meh. Beats sugar.

Should take greek yoghurt, low fat. Even better is flat cheese / kwark. Yoghurt should be eaten without anything in it.

Peanutbutter is possibly the best thing to eat next to lean meat on ur sandwich. Make sure u get a nutted version over creamy ones. Yes, PB contains alot of unsaturated fat (wich is the good kind), close to no carbs and high proteine. It makes due as a sub for lean meat if u want some variation. Dont eat 5 sandwiches with it every day.

Fruits are fine, but even in fruits theres a difference in healthyness. Apple, Banana and Oranges are one of the best carb / vitamins / minerals / fiber wise.

For diner, anything will do as long as u watch the ammount of fat and carbs. Being on a diet doesnt mean u suddenly have to stop eating stuff, it means u need to manage what you eat and make wiser choices. If ur going with rice, take long grain instead of white. If ur going with meat, choose chicken over pork. If ur going salad, dont add a mayo dressing, etc. These small things alone will do wonders for everyone. But it requires you to think about what u eat.

Also, unless ur 16, 1.4m high and 40kg, 1500kc isnt enough for your body to lose weight without devouring muscles.
    Stop spreading your broscience. Catabolism of muscle happens during the first 24-48 hours of a reduction in calories, and then the body becomes extremely sparing with it's muscle reserves. Only once you hit a fat percentage of around 4-5% for men does the body start its so called "starvation mode". How do you imagine our far ancestors or even our ancestors from 400-500 years ago coped with droughts and poor hunts, eating their own muscle so that they could catch/produce even less food? Frankly, that's an insult to the capabilities of the human body.

1500kcal is just fine, and pretty generous if the OP is for example an average sized female with an inactive lifestyle.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiift View Post

Low fat greek yogurt? Whole grain is fine? Polyunsaturated fats are good?

Please don't follow the advice in the above post. Here are a couple important notes about grains/whole grains:

From a macronutrient perspective, they are almost entirely starch. If dried and ground up into flour, they lose much of their original nutritional content (especially when further processed to remove the endosperm and bran). When it comes to white flours, consumption of such is really the consumption of the germs of thousands of little seeds, disregarding the rest of the plant - an analogy would be squeezing two dozen oranges, precipitating the sugar, and eating it with a spoon. Whole wheat flour, on the other had, has the entire seed - but you're still consuming about the same quantity of starch, which in the orange analogy means you've got some pulp with your sugar (but you're still only consuming the pulpy juice of those two dozen oranges).

Perhaps more importantly, from a food antigen perspective, whole grain products contain far more proteins designed to protect the plants from consumption. Again, eating a piece of bread is equivalent to eating thousands of individual seeds, and with whole grains, you're eating their protective outer shells as well. And so whole grains have another drawback that is not seen anywhere else in the human diet (in no other case do we grind up thousands of something, concentrate it, and then consume it by the bucketload). Subclinical inflammatory responses to whole grains (along with the chelating ability of phytic acid) could do more harm than good.

The one real benefit is fiber. Since Americans get so little fiber, epidemiological studies looking at whole grain replacement of more processed grains find that whole grains exert a health benefit (no shit?). But fiber from whole grains comes at the above costs - lots of starch, lots of antigens, and lots of mineral chelation. A simply better source of fiber would be leafy greens, as these are far more nutritionally enriched, and thus the cost of consuming the plant's defenses delivers a worthy benefit.

Strawberries are not bad. Sugar content of an item is important, but not the only subject of interest. Strawberries have lots of vitamins, minerals, fiber, water, and phytonutrients. They are not equivalent to a can of soda, even if the total sugar content is the same. This is why the source of your macronutrients matters; slowing sugar absorption (fiber and water), increasing sugar metabolism (vitamins and minerals), and reducing oxidative stress (phytonutrients) all change the way your body uses a particular food item.

Always choose the highest fat yogurt possible (the removed fat is replaced with protein and carbohydrate). First, fat aids in the absorption of fat-soluble vitamins (which is why you get the most vitamin A out of carrots when you eat them with butter). Second, fat is the safest macronutrient. Carbohydrates glycosylate things (changing how they interact in a negative way) and contribute heavily to oxidative stress. Proteins contain nitrogen, which can do some pretty weird things. Fats in general are lower risk. But there are many fats, and some are better than others.

Saturated fats are the safest. The latest meta review out of Harvard shows no correlation between saturated fat consumption and heart disease (although logic should have told us that long ago). There is a small risk of toxin accumulation (some toxins are fat soluble and thus very difficult for animals to get rid of), but this is not a problem inherent to the fat; it is a problem with how we feed our farm animals.

Unsaturated fats are less safe. These are more reactive (as they have an extra double bond). Cooking these will often oxidize them (they will also oxidize over time). Oxidized fats can cause a lot of damage to tissues; as an example, oxidized cholesterol leads to heart disease (normal cholesterol is innocuous). Thus at a baseline, unsaturated fats are inferior to saturated fats.

However, there are some exceptions. Omega 3 fats are found to correlate with a reduction in inflammatory processes (while omega 6 fats tend to drive inflammatory processes). Because peanut butter was mentioned, I will take this moment to note that peanut butter is mostly omega 6 unsaturated fats, making it an inferior option to, say, fish.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Quetzl View Post

Strawberries are not bad.
    Always choose the highest fat yogurt possible
    Saturated fats are the safest.
    Unsaturated fats are less safe.
    WoW. Yes, listen to this guy. No proteine, lots of saturated fats and quickcarbs. Best diet food. According to this guy u should eat alot of buttered and deepfried food. And people still wonder why americans are overweight. Oh lawd.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by chelsea View Post
    Catabolism of muscle happens during the first 24-48 hours of a reduction in calories, and then the body becomes extremely sparing with it's muscle reserves.
    1500kcal is just fine, and pretty generous if the OP is for example an average sized female with an inactive lifestyle.
    Good luck on ur next cut. The catabolism greatly rests upon calorie intake. Otherwise wed all be doing 1k cuts for 3 weeks and be dry as fuck. The point was this person wants to lose weight. Assuming he/she will sport aswell will greatly increase calorie intake. 1.70m, 70kg, female of 18, 3x sports activities a week comes to 2400 calories a day. Ur advising a 900kc cut. And calls me bro science because i use some nuance. Guess i should know better than to expect bodybuilders on a game forum.
    Harris Benedict.
    Last edited by mmoc9478eb6901; 2014-06-10 at 10:21 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Spagetto View Post
    Please don't try to twist what he said because you're upset that he's more knowledgeable than you.
    He has more knowledge about indepth macronutricient info, especially about digestion. His advice for a diet is retarded though. I simply quoted him, not twisting words.

Chelsea is right aswell, but lacks to put it in perspective to the OP´s situation or any person actively building. The OP isnt a 16 year old girl in a coma. Catabolic state will maintain as long as the calorie deficit is high enough.
    Last edited by mmoc9478eb6901; 2014-06-12 at 10:10 PM.

Deleted
    Google on : Burn fat feed muscle pdf ( I am not allowed to post links )

Maybe this is a good read for the OP and other people.
    From page 103 he starts talking about how much calories you need to lose/gain weight and how to calculate the amount you personally need.

Here is the formula used ( page 107 ):

Men: BMR = 66 + (13.7 X wt in kg) + (5 X ht in cm) - (6.8 X age in years)
    Women: BMR = 655 + (9.6 X wt in kg) + (1.8 X ht in cm) - (4.7 X age in years)
    Note: 1 inch = 2.54 centimeters
    1 kilogram = 2.2 lbs.

Example:
    You are male
    You are 30 yrs old
    You are 5' 8 " tall (172.7 cm)
    You weigh 172 lbs. (78 kilos)
    Your BMR = 66 + 1068 + 863.6 - 204 = 1793 calories/day

Activity factor
    Sedentary = BMR X 1.2 (littleor no exercise, desk job)
    Lightly active = BMR X 1.375 (light exercise/sports 1-3 days/wk)
    Mod. active = BMR X 1.55 (moderate exercise/sports 3-5 days/wk)
    Very active = BMR X 1.725 (hard exercise/sports 6-7 days/wk)
    Extr. Active = BMR X 1.9 (hard daily exercise/sports & physical job or 2 X day training, marathon, football camp,contest, etc.)

Continuing with the previous example:
    Your BMR is 1793 calories per day
    Your activity level is moderately active (work out 3-4 times per week)
    Your activity factor is 1.55
    Your TDEE = 1.55 X 1793 = 2779 calories/day