Talking WoD: stat squish-- rogues vs. old content

I want to start out with two points first a comment from celestation and second gemming and reforging strategies.

will the stats reduction affect at soloing old raids?
    No, you'll still be able to solo old raids just as well as before, if not easier. (Celestalon)
    basically the stat values are going to be greater than currant stat values and less stats on gear than what we are used to.
    an overall buff to everyone but this is a buff to rogues to. just not a advertised buff direct to rogues.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------->

so i thought of this gemming strategy -- theorycraft. Subject Gear has Red, Yellow and Blue sockets. dominate secondary stat on this gear is haste.

I would go with a red pure agility gem, yellow agility/crit and blue would be a Haste/mastery combination. would i be concerned to keep my overall haste value higher or balance out my reforge by adding a haste/mastery instead of agility/mastery? after the reforge over from haste to mastery on gear. thus adding more mastery and keeping relative haste from reforge. is there a better strategy than this? thanks

State squish is a hidden buff to rogues
    Last edited by Naiattavain; 2014-05-21 at 03:35 PM.
    “Choose a job you love and you'll never have to work a day in your life” “Logic will get you from A to Z; Imagination will get you everywhere.”

10+ Year Old Account
    Wat /10char

10+ Year Old Account
    Before you talk about stats, it's more important to talk about spec. Generally, whatever spec you're going to be soloing with will use its raid-oriented gear as the best option. Most of this should be discussed in the "soloing old content" sticky, but if you have questions beyond that, feel free to ask.

Back on topic, please. The title edit and this post should help anyone confused figure out what this thread is about.
    Last edited by Kael; 2014-05-17 at 04:43 PM.

Hmm. Still trying to figure out that title vs. what the OP wrote.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nalira View Post
    Wat /10char
    Gosh, if i had any talent or drive I would luv a streetfighter type game with the characters from GoT.

Your avatar/ signature looks like they are about to duke it out.

Yeah, I have no idea what OP is on about. Regardless, talking about reforging and post-squish is irrelevant. There will be no reforging post-squish, and you'll use the same gemming that you would for raiding.

I see no theorycrafting anywhere in the post, just an incoherent jumble of words.

the stat squish is going to make the value of stats a larger base. to sum it up the stat change is going to buff the rogue slightly. the power you feel playing a deathknight damage is far greater than playing on a rogue. the stat change will buff rogues slightly. a subtle change that i noticed that is a direct buff to us rogues. most people won't be able to tell the difference. if you get a feel for this MoP rogue and then try WoD deployed you'll notice.
    “Choose a job you love and you'll never have to work a day in your life” “Logic will get you from A to Z; Imagination will get you everywhere.”

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by regularcustomer View Post
    that is a direct buff to us rogues.
    No, it's a direct buff to everyone with regards to older content. Everyone benefits from content being slightly easier compared to current (or doesn't from it being the same difficulty). There is nothing about the stat squish which affects rogues differently.

It's worth remembering that when the stat squish goes in, reforging also goes away.

Quote Originally Posted by Pulski View Post
    It's worth remembering that when the stat squish goes in, reforging also goes away.
    Not to mention primary stats for gems are gone as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Gromthak View Post
    Not to mention primary stats for gems are gone as well.
    MoP gems stay as-is, so this is only relevant at level 100.

primary stats like agility intellect strength and stamina are gone on gems for WoD?

none answered my second question about that gemming reforging strat.
    Last edited by Naiattavain; 2014-05-21 at 03:27 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by regularcustomer View Post
    primary stats like agility intellect strength and stamina are gone on gems for WoD?

none answered my second question about that gemming reforging strat.
    Yes, they're gone.

Yes, it was answered. It will be the same as any other PvE content, by spec, unless by some magical chance rogue stat priorities vary significantly from solo to group play. Reforging will also be gone, making that portion of the question moot.

There's obviously nothing left to discuss here. Closed.
    Last edited by Kael; 2014-05-22 at 08:12 PM.