Page 3 of 36 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zython View Post
    Universities have a incentive to ensure that their environment is safe for their students. Just like workplaces.
    Which also opens this recourse of the accused to seek, that being suing the accuser, the university, those who've defamed the accused, ect.

And they can sue for a significant amount of money according to the ruling.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by stabetha View Post
    they shouldn't be deciding who goes there and who doesn't?
    If you can't see how it's much alike a trial then it's lost on you.

Deleted
    they shouldn't be deciding who goes there and who doesn't?
    They already did, when they admitted the students for studies.

This is punishment based upon an illegitimate ruling of guilt, and as such can legally be challenged and sued for recompense.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinali View Post
    If you can't see how it's much alike a trial then it's lost on you.
    no I see it's a trial but so what? nobody goes to jail based on the outcome. In fact isn't it better then just one person deciding the fate of the accused?
    you can't make this shit up
    Quote Originally Posted by Elba View Post
    Third-wave feminism or Choice feminism is actually extremely egalitarian
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I hate America
    I don't read/watch any of these but to rank them:Actual news agency (mostly factual):CNN MSNBC NPR

If wrongly accused, I would demand justice...

...in a trial by combat against my accuser.

I can finally used the spiked metal glove I've been hiding under my mattress all these years.

10+ Year Old Account
    no I see it's a trial but so what? nobody goes to jail based on the outcome. In fact isn't it better then just one person deciding the fate of the accused?
    Arbitrary reasons for punishments don't go well with me.

Deleted
    You're correct no one goes to jail, rather they're expelled (Or suspended) on the basis of recommendations from their peers and are out of pocket for tens of thousands; And isn't a legitimate ruling of guilt at all, rather a reactionary measure of punishment to safeguard their reputation until the true legal case is addressed in due course.

I find the tone of this thread disturbing.

99% of you are using the word 'he' (when using a pronoun) when talking about rapists. For a forum that considers itself progressive and forward thinking, I find the word usage and inferences herein both ignorant and backwards.

When you're trying to argue morality, try being equal first.
    I think I've had enough of removing avatars today that feature girls covered in semen. Closing.
    -Darsithis

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhaide View Post

99% of you are using the word 'he' (when using a pronoun) when talking about rapists. For a forum that considers itself progressive and forward thinking, I find the word usage and inferences herein both ignorant and backwards.

Because most rapists are male.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Chinchillidae View Post
    Which also opens this recourse of the accused to seek, that being suing the accuser, the university, those who've defamed the accused, ect.

And they can sue for a significant amount of money according to the ruling.
    OK, but what if the accuser is mistaken? Many police practices increase the likelihood of mistaken accusations, so why should the accuser be punished in those cases? Why does this apply only to rape? Why can't I sue the accuser if I'm acquitted of grand theft auto? This sounds like trying to solve a very small subset of a much larger problem by attacking the easiest acceptable target.

Edit: My point is, if you want to avoid false accusations, we should probably clean up the accusing process, rather than threatening victims with litigation.
    Last edited by Zython; 2014-05-20 at 07:02 AM.
    Banned from Twitter by Elon, so now I'm your problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brexitexit View Post
    I am the total opposite of a cuck.

10+ Year Old Account
    Being super anal about equality gets equality ignored.

Its like those few feminists that say "no its womYN not womEN"!

What percentage of rapes are committed by women?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zython View Post
    OK, but what if the accuser is mistaken? Many police practices increase the likelihood of mistaken accusations, so why should the accuser be punished in those cases? Why does this apply only to rape? Why can't I sue the accuser if I'm acquitted of grand theft auto? This sounds like trying to solve a very small subset of a much larger problem by attacking the easiest acceptable target.
    Again, if the accused is innocent they should be able to recoup the costs of the expulsion and social condemnation/ defamation afforded to them; If that means suing the accuser... then who knows?

I'd much rather the accuser would be made exempt or at least require intention of ill will before being able to be sued.

It's a nasty can of worms.

I'd prefer the accuser to be exempt as a default and the university to be held much more accountable, but i'm just an 18 year old fuckwit with no legal training; I can't make any convincing argument here or there as i'm split on the issue.

Which could be solved if the identity of the accused was kept confidential until conviction. If they're acquitted it should remain confidential.

I don't think you'd rather be anally raped.
    I can 100% say I would rather be anally violated than have my life ruined by a false rape charge. I would make that decision on the spot.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by atsawin26 View Post
    What percentage of rapes are committed by women?
    What % makes it ok to assume that defacto, it is men causing all the problems? Sexism much?

- - - Updated - - -

Because most rapists are male.
    And most false accusers are female. That isn't the point here. Equality is an all the time thing, not a when it's convenient thing.

OT: Legal retribution in the case of a false accusation would obviously be handled by a real court, not a school arbitration. So this point is largely moot, the burden of proof would be on the prosecutor to prove that they DIDN'T rape someone. Therefore, by attempting to recoup losses, the accused rapist is essentially putting themselves BACK on trial, in a real court.

Sounds like a win for everyone.
    Last edited by Rhaide; 2014-05-20 at 07:07 AM.
    I think I've had enough of removing avatars today that feature girls covered in semen. Closing.
    -Darsithis

Deleted

I'm pretty sure i address the topic as best i can neutrally, and only refer to gender based forms of address when making a specific point; But i'll look over my posts again just for you

10+ Year Old Account
    I can 100% say I would rather be anally violated than have my life ruined by a false rape charge. I would make that decision on the spot.
    Forgive me if I'm a bit skeptical of it but I do not believe anyone who say those things.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, it's not worse in any reasonable persons eyes.
    I walked away from my rape, was able to get a job, finish my degree, continue my life. You people with such heavy-handed opinions who have never come close to experiencing what rape actually is need to attempt to think from a different perspective.

Imagine being brutalized sexually against your will. Imagine having no say in what's being done to you. Imagine feeling powerless, victimized, dirty, and defeated. These feelings dissipate after the act and over time. You learn to cope, or you don't. It didn't keep me from finishing my degree, getting a job, or continuing my life. I was raped. I love my life.

Imagine being falsely accused of a crime. Imagine it's a crime that carries the power of punishment upon accusation. Imagine having no say in what's being done to you. Imagine feeling powerless, victimized, dirty, and defeated. They learn to cope, or they don't. It keeps them from finishing their degree, getting a job, and potentially continuing their life. Falsely accused rapists who literally did nothing but pick the wrong girl have their lives taken from them.

I was raped. Please tell me I'm unreasonable.
    Remember: Words are not violence.
    Make your own groups!!!

Forgive me if I'm a bit skeptical of it but I do not believe anyone who say those things.
    Unfortunately, saying 'I think you're lying' isn't a useful point of discussion. For the record, I'm not.
    -Darsithis

10+ Year Old Account
    Last edited by stabetha; 2014-05-20 at 07:13 AM.
    you can't make this shit up
    Quote Originally Posted by Elba View Post
    Third-wave feminism or Choice feminism is actually extremely egalitarian
    I hate America
    I don't read/watch any of these but to rank them:Actual news agency (mostly factual):CNN MSNBC NPR

Quote Originally Posted by saraxp View Post
    I walked away from my rape, was able to get a job, finish my degree, continue my life. You people with such heavy-handed opinions who have never come close to experiencing what rape actually is need to attempt to think from a different perspective.

Imagine being brutalized sexually against your will. Imagine having no say in what's being done to you. Imagine feeling powerless, victimized, dirty, and defeated. These feelings dissipate after the act and over time. You learn to cope, or you don't. It didn't keep me from finishing my degree, getting a job, or continuing my life. I was raped. I love my life.

Imagine being falsely accused of a crime. Imagine it's a crime that carries the power of punishment upon accusation. Imagine having no say in what's being done to you. Imagine feeling powerless, victimized, dirty, and defeated. They learn to cope, or they don't. It keeps them from finishing their degree, getting a job, and potentially continuing their life. Falsely accused rapists who literally did nothing but pick the wrong girl have their lives taken from them.

I was raped. Please tell me I'm unreasonable.
    That's awful, I'm not happy you agree with me. I'm sad that the issue exists at all. I won't use you to further my point. I'm glad you're strong, keep being strong. You're amazing for it.
    -Darsithis