Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by mediic View Post
    Here's the video I recorded of soloing the belts as SV:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uKpisCG1yUc

Massively inflated item level for the win eh? It's not exactly textbook but it was easier than I expected. Use serpent + glyph stampede, set up cooldowns and outgear the fight and you should be good to go.
    As Rustyboy said, don't attempt this if you are progressing on Siegecrafter still. If you want to solo more than one belt outrange the heroism on the pull and use drums later. Hero for the first belt is unnecessary, trinkets alone should be enough for the first belt even if your gear isn't great.

I went with:
    1.) Prepot + Trinks + Synapse
    2.) RF + Stampede
    3.) Drums + Synapse + late RF
    4.) AoC + Potion
    I'm not in heroics yet, I'm still in normals and I am amazed at your skill. It takes me the whole belt just to kill those things by myself. Sometimes I don't even kill them before they go off the belt (My dots usually finish them all)

Someone from my guild said that there is a way where you can stay on the belt 100% of the time without having to get off or getting pulled off the belts by the boss. I'm pretty sure it's a glitch and I don't want to do it that way. Anyway.. So Barrage better than Glaive toss on that fight?

Quote Originally Posted by AdrianCC100 View Post
    Someone from my guild said that there is a way where you can stay on the belt 100% of the time without having to get off or getting pulled off the belts by the boss. I'm pretty sure it's a glitch and I don't want to do it that way. Anyway.. So Barrage better than Glaive toss on that fight?
    If you time disengage perfectly when it tries to yank you off the belt it is possible to stay on there 100% of the time. This is a bad strategy for many reasons, you should simply disengage off the belt once you have killed the weapon and get back on the belt by one of the 3 methods shown in the video above.
    There is no reason to choose Barrage for Siegecrafter, choose Glaive Toss 100%.

Good luck

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by AdrianCC100 View Post
    I'm not in heroics yet, I'm still in normals and I am amazed at your skill. It takes me the whole belt just to kill those things by myself. Sometimes I don't even kill them before they go off the belt (My dots usually finish them all)

Glaive Toss >>

Our 10man has been simply doing missiles the entire time, myself soloing all except the 3rd. We do this with the boss being tanked near the opposite belt where the mines spawn. Their health has been significantly reduced and are easy to kill within a few seconds. There's been talk of slaying mines on the belt making the fight faster, but we kill the boss either during or just after the 5th belt. Basically using a very popular 25man strat for 10man.

Is it possible to drop a Ice Trap on the belt to get a 100% Lock and Load proc?

Quote Originally Posted by rustyboy View Post
    Tonight I solo'd the first 4 as below without too much issue.

Used Synapse Springs, Blood Fury on cooldown from the start and a new pet for each belt with Rabid.

1: AoC + Pre-Pot + SS + Blood Fury + Rabid
    2: Stampede (Serpent) + Rabid
    3: Drums + Potion + SS + Rabid
    4: AoC + Blood Fury + Rabid
    Hey rustyboy, did you play SV or BM?

Deleted
    Yes it's possible to solo all belts (BM hunter point of view). All you need for this is just every belt a fresh pet with new Rabid cooldown.

Hard to say something about cooldowns because you never know how many belts you will have to solo - depends on strategy and dps on main platform.

For example my kills:

http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/...ce=7&by=target (4 belts soloed in a row)

http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/...ce=6&by=target (3 belts soloed in a row)
    Last edited by mmoce36509ef3e; 2014-07-08 at 02:29 PM.

I did the boss this week the first time after the upgrades and i had to kill 7 weapons for some reason. It was the first time i wanted to solo the belts, but heroism got fucked up on the pull so i didn't have it later. The 1st 2nd and 4th weren't a problem at all (1. aoc 2. stampede 4. aoc). I got help on the 3rd (because of the fucked up hero) 5th and 6th belt (and the 7th too because i'm stupid and didn't noticed that aoc would procc but that one wouldn't be a problem ;D

I guess our kill time was so shitty because we did it with 2 healers and dealed with mines on the platform. We hadn't our best dps on this day either but whutever.

After the kill i thought about AmoC and if it would be enough as a CD for one belt, besides BW and rabid. Order would look like:

1. aoc
    2. stampede
    3. crows
    4. aoc
    5. heroism
    6. crows
    7. aoc
    (8. stampede, but if i would ever need that i literally jump out of my window. 7 is ridicolous enough ;D)

Has anyone tried Crows as a cd for one belt yet? Would you say the dps loss of blink strikes would be to high if one get bad rng on one belt? Does crows even do enough damage in this about 15-20 sec window uptime?

Deleted
    I'm always going with MoC + orc racial (got macro for it) and as a BM i always have BW+DB off cooldown for each belt (have HC WF Assurance) - also the best pet is a pet with sunders if you are playing BM for SV i would chose serpent with 5% more spell dmg taken on target.
    Last edited by mmoce36509ef3e; 2014-07-08 at 02:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mordas View Post
    Hey rustyboy, did you play SV or BM?
    I was BM although I think Survival is also viable.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nemaneth View Post
    Yes it's possible to solo all belts (BM hunter point of view). All you need for this is just every belt a fresh pet with new Rabid cooldown.
    If all belts means 4 belts, then yes. If it means 6-8 which some guilds are doing it in then no unless you get crazy luck with trinkets. That being said as your gear increases each belt becomes easier and easier.

- - - Updated - - -

the best pet is a pet with sunders if you are playing BM for SV i would chose serpent with 5% more spell dmg taken on target.
    Some pets when used with Stampede can lose attacks (~4-700k damage) on the belt which can make your Stampede inconsistent. If you have the stampede glyph the correct pet is more important than a pet with a debuff.
    Last edited by rustyboy; 2014-07-09 at 04:41 AM.

From looking over my old logs the most unreliable pets were tallstrider and hyena. I would highly suggest planning your CDs and rabid pet swaps so you use serpent + glyph on the belt you plan to use stampede for. The reliability is worth more than any buff/debuff.

Deleted
    Agreed, failed more than once with hyena on belt, but when switched to serpent my problems went away. Also noticed that lasers bugged pet often, but nowadays with mines I have no problem.

Deleted
    Hey all was going to make a new thread till i seen this so might as well ask here. Is there a way to stay on the belt full time rather than disengaging/using the pipes each belt. There anyway that the boss will not pull you off the belt?

I'm always going with MoC + orc racial (got macro for it) and as a BM i always have BW+DB off cooldown for each belt (have HC WF Assurance) - also the best pet is a pet with sunders if you are playing BM for SV i would chose serpent with 5% more spell dmg taken on target.
    I noticed your logs. You used crows 2 times with the orc racial. You got lucky one time with haromm proccing but the other one looks pretty close. It took you about 25 secs to it. (http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/...4&target=166.2) Considering it is the first weapon, it should've almost outranged you. That is not safe, that is as risky as simply using blink strikes and hoping for a trinket procc on a belt without any other cooldowns. I am asking for a safe way.
    Besides that, soloing 3-4 belts in a row is standard as posted multiple times above. You don't need amoc for only 3-4 belts either. I am looking for a way to solo 6+ in a grp with bad dps.

Has anyone else tried Crows as a cooldown on the belt additionally to bw/rabid/db but without stampede/bloodlust/dextrous procc to solo more then 4 belts in a row?
    Last edited by caph; 2014-07-10 at 03:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by johnlongtusk View Post
    Hey all was going to make a new thread till i seen this so might as well ask here. Is there a way to stay on the belt full time rather than disengaging/using the pipes each belt. There anyway that the boss will not pull you off the belt?
    There is, you can disengage right as he pulls you off the belt, and you'll just stay in place. However, that kind of sucks unless you kill the weapon before the first belt, because then you're stuck behind fire walls, and it's hard to get back to the beginning of the belt against the grain.

Deleted
    Is it still possible to disengage on the belt with the debuff once the pipe spit you out like the vid below?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AWVw...utu.be&t=1m30s

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tisera View Post
    Is it still possible to disengage on the belt with the debuff once the pipe spit you out like the vid below?

Yes

Yes you can. Just make sure you're almost at the top of the arc when you disengage and run with spirit bond because you'll most likely be taking fall damage once you land.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by johnlongtusk View Post
    If you disengage at exactly the same time he grips you, you'll sorta cancel the grip and stay on the belt. But then you'll have to navigate back to the start of the belt which is a complete and utter pain.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Raicky View Post
    Yes you can. Just make sure you're almost at the top of the arc when you disengage and run with spirit bond because you'll most likely be taking fall damage once you land.
    Sorry but what do you mean with top of the arc?

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    You need to time it perfectly, pretty much. When you are at the peak (the highest you can be) when the pipe is shooting you out, you need to disengage otherwise you can either get stuck in the pipe, or not make it onto the belt and fall to your death.

Quote Originally Posted by Xionyus View Post
    You need to time it perfectly, pretty much. When you are at the peak (the highest you can be) when the pipe is shooting you out, you need to disengage otherwise you can either get stuck in the pipe, or not make it onto the belt and fall to your death.

Pretty much this. Disengage when you're at the peak.