Quick Spoils HC question

Hi chaps,

I've heard some folks say to open monk crates in the first room, but not the second room. Can anyone confirm/deny this? Seems odd to me - either it's a DPS gain or it isn't, so surely it should be both rooms or neither?

Cheers in advance.

I would treat it as an additional utility rather than a dps boost. Pretty sure it can be done with or without pandas, but with pandas dealing with sparks and smaller adds become a lot easier.

It is a dps boost. Not sure why you wouldn't open the second set of crates. Maybe people figure that the time spent killing the pandas evens out with the time gained getting the buffs, but the buffs allows for far more reckless pulls of mobs and takes advantage of bigger clusters of enemies (allowing for more AOE aswell).

It's a DPS gain to kill them. Tanks do stupid high damage with their buff, DPS gain a fair chunk on top of theirs if they get windwalker, and healers can help with AoEing down things like statues with theirs which lets you focus down the main adds more.

Considering they should take all of about 15-20 seconds and will increase your DPS by a significant amount they're worth it. We usually also open up 5 small ones with them as well on the mantid side (not sure about mogu since I'm never on that side on pull).

...Why do you just open one panda? Why wouldn't you open the second one and just cleave them down together? All of my wat.

Thanks guys - matches what I figured.

Deleted
    The healer buff is absolutely amazing, I'd open all of them just for chance to get that one. With little aiming healers should be doing 100k+ dps with it, and it allows to pull more stuff simultaneously.

The Windwalker buff is somewhat lackluster, but the Brewmaster and Mistweaver buffs are so good it's worth spending the time to get a shot at them.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Brewmaster buff is a huge dps gain for your tank, and also has the added effect of stunning the mobs periodically, even the massives. So it's a damage reduction as well on your tank/raid.
    Sinthetik, Blood DK, BM Monk, GM, Exiled From Hell, US Premiere Daytime Progression Guild. 7/7 Mythic HM, 10/10 Mythic BRF. 12/13 Mythic, 13/13 Heroic HFC.

All the buffs do roughly the same damage. The dps one is on a 5 second cooldown and is on 3 people. The other 2 are on a 15 second cooldown and only on 1 person. The dps one procs 9 times more often (10 man) and much more than that on 25, granted the damage difference is bigger. I think that the dps one is a bit more single target while the other 2 are AoE. It's worth getting them.

Quote Originally Posted by Toxiel View Post
    All the buffs do roughly the same damage. The dps one is on a 5 second cooldown and is on 3 people. The other 2 are on a 15 second cooldown and only on 1 person. The dps one procs 9 times more often (10 man) and much more than that on 25, granted the damage difference is bigger. I think that the dps one is a bit more single target while the other 2 are AoE. It's worth getting them.

If you get healing buff, its insane! Esp if you have a discpriest with it

Quote Originally Posted by Toxiel View Post
    All the buffs do roughly the same damage.
    You would think so, but spread across so many people and without any notable visible effect the Windwalker buff may as well not be doing anything; you can't do anything encounter-changing with it like the Mistweaver buff wiping out the Sparks in no time flat (which means your DPS don't have to attack them at all) or the Brewmaster buff outright cancelling the trash abilities with the stun.

We open both on both sides, the WW buff is the least effective esp on the mantid side.

For those saying the WW buff is the least effective, here's a link to our spoils kill last week...http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/...one&by=ability

Across both sides of the room that gives...
    2x BM buff
    4x WW buff
    2x MW buff

So rough figures, averaged across the raid:
    BM buff = 78mil damage per
    WW buff = 50mil damage per
    MW buff = 38 mil damage per

Figures are slightly scewed since both tank buffs are in Mogu side so lots of quillens to AoE down it, and both healer buffs are in the mantid side, so don't have as many statues/sparks to also AoE.

But the general idea should hold up that the WW buff is not useless at all, it provides a solid DPS gain.
    Last edited by Noima; 2014-05-22 at 11:58 AM.

Deleted
    Remember that you don't see every event from the other side to the logger, so for accurate comparisons you need to log both sides and manually filter out players and compare like that. WW buff is definitely the least effective when we have double logged like that.

Its not the the WW one is useless at all, for sure open all 4 crates on both sides, but you always hope for BM and MW in both rooms every time

Quote Originally Posted by Fishwick View Post
    Remember that you don't see every event from the other side to the logger, so for accurate comparisons you need to log both sides and manually filter out players and compare like that. WW buff is definitely the least effective when we have double logged like that.

Its not the the WW one is useless at all, for sure open all 4 crates on both sides, but you always hope for BM and MW in both rooms every time
    Even so, I'm pretty sure it is still capturing <90% of the data. Even if it's not, the only effect I can see the missing stuff making would be to even everything out to be even closer to each other since the chance to miss out data from any of the respective buffs I would assume to be pretty much equal.

Again if you wanted really reliable data, you would need to do double logging like you said for a much much larger amount of kills. My post was just to highlight that WW buff is not as bad as a lot of people are making out, and the actual damage numbers that the panda's can give which is way over their HP pool.

The crates are all roughly the same DPS gain. The Tank/Healer ones just come with additional effects. The tank one stuns, and the healer one does a giant heal as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrogglez View Post
    If you get healing buff, its insane! Esp if you have a discpriest with it
    It does the same damage regardless of spec. It's not going to do more damage with a disc priest then it would with any other healer.

10+ Year Old Account
    There is no reason whatsoever to ignore the pandas. While the buffs vary in strength, the damage gain from any of the buffs is worth killing the pandas.
    Always do the minimum required to achieve the maximum possible result.

Deleted
    Why wouldn't you kill them? the dps u get from them is quite big actually, and if a healer gets them it makes stuff a lot easier