Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

With darker nights will rain return too?

So i recently traveled back in time to play vanilla wow and i noticed that there were many places where rain could suddenly appear.
    There was rain even on AB. Is it possible it will be reintroduced too with darker nights as it makes the environment more alive and not so static. I love to
    see same zones in different light.

Never seen the rain in Vot4W?

Deleted
    I would love to see weather effects again! I remember that it sometimes really poured down in STV for example!

Not sure why all these things were removed... They made the world feel more alive in my experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    Not sure why all these things were removed...
    I want to know too. I've been wishing for the weather comeback for ages now.

I might be wrong, but doesnt it still rain in STV? I remember catching the Baby Ape in The Cape of Stranglethorn, and the requirement for the ape to spawn was for there to rain in the Cape. I'm also fairly certain that there's a pet in Tanaris that only spawn during sandstorms.
    So the weather effects are probably still out there, just not as frequent (and possibly visual) as before.

Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    I would love to see weather effects again! I remember that it sometimes really poured down in STV for example!
    Yeah I remember some extreme rain storms down there. It's not essential but would be nice to have it back.

10+ Year Old Account
    Weather still occurs in zones. You might not see it while you're sitting in the shrines, but it was never removed.

It rains in Jade Forest and Valley of the Four winds. And the weather from all the old zones is still there.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Weather still occurs in zones. You might not see it while you're sitting in the shrines, but it was never removed.

It rains in Jade Forest and Valley of the Four winds. And the weather from all the old zones is still there.
    Is there still rain in AB battleground?

Deleted

Really now? I've been runinng around the world a lot and I've never ever noticed rain or other weather. Is it visible with low graphic settings?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by huntermanx View Post
    Is there still rain in AB battleground?
    Yes. The rain is my good luck charm.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Eny View Post
    Really now? I've been runinng around the world a lot and I've never ever noticed rain or other weather. Is it visible with low graphic settings?
    Can't say about graphics settings, but weather is most definitely a thing. Some places it rains. In some places like Tanaris/Silithus, there are dust storms, and in Dun Morogh/winterspring it can have light snowfall or heavier snow storms.

Outland and Northrend, however, don't have variable weather. A few areas like Zangarmarsh, Storm Shelf, and Hammerfall have fixed weather, but it doesn't fluctuate through any of the other zones.
    Last edited by Kaleredar; 2014-07-15 at 10:19 AM.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Eny View Post
    I don't think so, no. Not sure where the cutoff is, though.

10+ Year Old Account

Outland and Northrend, however, don't have variable weather. A few areas like Zangarmarsh, Storm Shelf, and Hammerfall have fixed weather, but it doesn't fluctuate through any of the other zones.
    There's variable weather in Storm Peaks. It sometimes snowstorms there (there's a battle pet you can only catch when it's snowing that I had to camp!)

- - - Updated - - -

It was raining in Elwynn Forest the last time I went out to head to the Darkmoon Faire. It definitely still happens. It's just not super frequent.

It still rains, but the effects are so weak you may not even notice it.

Deleted

Can't say about graphics settings, but weather is most definitely a thing. Some places it rains. In some places like Tanaris/Silithus, there are dust storms, and in Dun Morogh/winterspring it can have light snowfall or heavier snow storms.

Wow, you're right! Just tested Silithus on higher settings and actually saw a dust storm. I've never noticed!

Deleted
    It was raining in Redridge last night on live.

The majority of Vanilla zones have weather, except for every city in the game, which needs to be added. The thing is, weather effects have a "Ceiling", which means that if you are flying above a certain height, you cannot see the weather effects. This cause goes unnoticed by most people, and more and more people are noticing that they aren't seeing weather because of how available flight is now, in every zone, and they just don't know why. It's nice to be at end-of-expansion where I'm not in a hurry for anything and can ground mount everywhere, and have weather effects.
    Last edited by Tylaeus; 2014-07-15 at 11:25 AM.

Saw this thread and thought about that one song by CCR

btw there's sandstorms, blizzards and other weather effects not just rain in game

Weather effects still exist around the game, but the frequency and intensity has been massively reduced.

Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    Weather effects still exist around the game, but the frequency and intensity has been massively reduced.
    It really hasn't.

Quote Originally Posted by huntermanx View Post
    So i recently traveled back in time to play vanilla wow and i noticed that there were many places where rain could suddenly appear.
    There was rain even on AB. Is it possible it will be reintroduced too with darker nights as it makes the environment more alive and not so static. I love to
    see same zones in different light.
    Rain in AB has been around for years. It is awesome, I've been wanting more of that for a long time. MoP did bring it back kinda, but I want more. When it rains in AB it is more like a storm, the whole map looks darker.