Page 72 of 92 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Barkloud View Post
    A trinket that is gated behind 50,000 timeless coins.
    Lie much? it's 7,500 coins.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Lie much? it's 7,500 coins.
    I should have purchased it. I have over 150,000 coins and my rep is only at honored. I just couldn't stomach the place any longer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sweetpeaz View Post
    I should have purchased it. I have over 150,000 coins and my rep is only at honored. I just couldn't stomach the place any longer.
    I have no idea how many coins I have, but since I never want to see the garbage on TI again, why bother getting trinket. After I did most of the "jumping" puzzles and spam "rare" spawn zergs fests and I knew the content was not for me.

GG, try harder please. All of those moves have a long cd? Blink has a long cd? Frost nova? fear for warlocks? Priest's bubble is long cd?

Slogging through these mobs proves no risk? So why is the poster above you crying about dying to them?

Waiting on what takes over 10 minutes? The less people your server has, the slower the FP is? Are we talking about World Of Warcraft here? The FP is 4 fucking minutes long. Why don't they have fast travel instead? Cuz it gives the idea that the world is a large place that you're flying over. You don't have the patience for 4 minutes in 1 day, when the ONLY FP you need to use nowadays is to TI, then hearth and wait for raids/LFR/whatever and then you get upset when we say you pro fliers are basically just crying because your convenience is being taken away for content you actually have to use your moves for.

ON TOP OF ALL THAT, I didn't even fucking know there was a trinket that TPs you there. And 7,500 coins is a joke for anyone interested. Can you pro fliers not use gross exaggerations and contradictions in your own arguments?

1) These mobs pose no risk yet you're dying to them
    2) These flight paths take 10+ minutes, when they take 4
    ----sub 2) Now 4 minutes is too long, I want it instant (nothing to do with flying, argue that it's not fast travel
    3) Oh, I never actually played it so I'm gonna assume the QoL trinkets for those who ARE pissed all the time can get it for 7500 not 50K coins. And then assume its 50K as an argument.
    4) The moves have long cds, so you have to use your brain to get past the mobs instead of flying over them. THIS IS PROOF ENOUGH you don't know how to deal with the world.
    Last edited by Dragoncurry; 2014-06-10 at 06:39 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, this thread is funny. The truth is that half of the people that play world of warcraft are casuals or semi-casuals, those people don't read MMO-C, or tweets from blues, or xpac notes, or even patch notes. Most of them just watches the trailer of the upcoming xpac and hear a comment about it here and there and that's it.

We have a couple casuals in our guild and it's funny how they're almost innocent regarding what's going on with the game. We can be discussing info that has been released months ago and one of them always says "wow I didn't know that!"

Most people will only be able to judge WoD once is released already, which sucks because if people could put more input into the game, we could have a better launch.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragoncurry View Post
    GG, try harder please. All of those moves have a long cd? Blink has a long cd? Frost nova? fear for warlocks? Priest's bubble is long cd?
    Warlock doesn't need to use fear on the beserkers. Send in the VW and nuke down the mob while it tanks him. Even those large elementals with the fire telegraphs are easymode for locks, using the same strategy.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler

Quote Originally Posted by Dragoncurry View Post

Slogging through these mobs proves no risk? So why is the poster above you crying about dying to them?

Waiting on what takes over 10 minutes? The less people your server has, the slower the FP is? Are we talking about World Of Warcraft here? The FP is 4 fucking minutes long. Why don't they have fast travel instead? Cuz it gives the idea that the world is a large place that you're flying over. You don't have the patience for 4 minutes in 1 day, when the ONLY FP you need to use nowadays is to TI, then hearth and wait for raids/LFR/whatever and then you get upset when we say you pro fliers are basically just crying because your convenience is being taken away for content you actually have to use your moves for.

ON TOP OF ALL THAT, I didn't even fucking know there was a trinket that TPs you there. And 7,500 coins is a joke for anyone interested. Can you pro fliers not use gross exaggerations and contradictions in your own arguments?

1) These mobs pose no risk yet you're dying to them
    2) These flight paths take 10+ minutes, when they take 4
    ----sub 2) Now 4 minutes is too long, I want it instant (nothing to do with flying, argue that it's not fast travel
    3) Oh, I never actually played it so I'm gonna assume the QoL trinkets for those who ARE pissed all the time can get it for 7500 not 50K coins. And then assume its 50K as an argument.
    4) The moves have long cds, so you have to use your brain to get past the mobs instead of flying over them. THIS IS PROOF ENOUGH you don't know how to deal with the world.
    Calm down before you pop a blood vessel.

Quote Originally Posted by Noybbs View Post
    Calm down before you pop a blood vessel.
    Thanks, I am eating my lunch now, phew almost imploded.

Warlock doesn't need to use fear on the beserkers. Send in the VW and nuke down the mob while it tanks him. Even those large elementals with the fire telegraphs are easymode for locks, using the same strategy.
    Are you missing the guys point entirely? I don't think he is saying you can't kill the annoying mobs just that they are annoying and if you have to go through all that rigmarole every mob or five mobs or ten mobs to reach your destination then that will be ridiculous.

It won't be 'savage' or 'immersive' it will be a pain in the arse. While some people may be happy to have to kill 10 glob flys every 10 foot i don't think the majority will.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadite View Post
    Are you missing the guys point entirely? I don't think he is saying you can't kill the annoying mobs just that they are annoying and if you have to go through all that rigmarole every mob or five mobs or ten mobs to reach your destination then that will be ridiculous.

It won't be 'savage' or 'immersive' it will be a pain in the arse. While some people may be happy to have to kill 10 glob flys every 10 foot i don't think the majority will.
    You are correct sir. One way they try to discredit an argument is to change what the person is saying and then "prove" that is wrong.

Trash is annoying? Lemme know how ToC turned out.

So... actually having to use game mechanics when playing the game is ridiculous? Nonsense.

Fighting things in the real world is the intended design. It's there to provide extra reward for being on the gear treadmill, or to encourage cooperative play.

This is a feature, not a bug, and telling the devs you don't want to do it is going to get you exactly nowhere.

10+ Year Old Account
    Draenor is a scary place where everything wants to kill you, and Blizzard wants to make sure they all get the chance.

So... actually having to use game mechanics when playing the game is ridiculous? Nonsense.

Fighting things in the real world is the intended design. It's there to provide extra reward for being on the gear treadmill, or to encourage cooperative play.

This is a feature, not a bug, and telling the devs you don't want to do it is going to get you exactly nowhere.
    but it is boring. Having to wade through mobs whos only purpose is to slow you down is boring. That is all that matters. You will be in no real danger so all it will do is annoy you. Well it will annoy me anyways. It is neither immersive nor interesting game play.

OP is a moron.

Infracted
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2014-06-10 at 09:10 PM.

but it is boring. Having to wade through mobs whos only purpose is to slow you down is boring. That is all that matters. You will be in no real danger so all it will do is annoy you. Well it will annoy me anyways. It is neither immersive nor interesting game play.
    Time to play a different game then

10+ Year Old Account
    Sounds to me like a persistent world MMORPG is the wrong type of game for you.

If people have to be forced kicking and screaming to do reward-less, danger-less content, where the only challenge is trying to stay awake, something is wrong with the content, not the players.

10+ Year Old Account

What is ridiculous is game mechanics that are not fun.

Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post
    Sounds to me like a persistent world MMORPG is the wrong type of game for you.
    Have been playing the genre since UO so i kinda like them. What i do not like is when a company thinks that chucking wave after wave of pointless mobs at you is some how immersive or makes the place Savage as they call it.