Page 73 of 92 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nayaga View Post
    What is ridiculous is game mechanics that are not fun.
    So, you're telling us that the core mechanics of the game -- players fighting mobs -- isn't fun for you?

It's amazing you think flying has anything to do with your state of unhappiness. For some reason, you're playing a game you hate.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadite View Post
    Have been playing the genre since UO so i kinda like them. What i do not like is when a company thinks that chucking wave after wave of pointless mobs at you is some how immersive or makes the place Savage as they call it.
    But that's what Draenor is like in real life.

Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post
    But that's what Draenor is like in real life.
    I have been there. I can just fly over all of that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    So, you're telling us that the core mechanics of the game -- players fighting mobs -- isn't fun for you?
    Yes, when the mobs are well below my level and they offer no risk, no challenge and little reward, they are not fun for me. I think raiding is a core mechanic of the game, LFR brings raiding to the masses. But if someone doesn't enjoy raiding and would rather PvP, its fine for them to skip a "core" mechanic.

It's amazing you think flying has anything to do with your state of unhappiness. For some reason, you're playing a game you hate.
    Flying is fun for me, just for the sake of flying. Flying is faster travel than on the ground, it lets me get to aspect of the game I do enjoy. Not everyone enjoys the same aspects of the game. Just because I don't like slogging through low level mobs, doesn't mean I hate the game. I am not, as you say "playing a game you hate". I love playing WoW and I skip the aspects I don't enjoy. Please don't try to put words in my mouth, I never said I hated playing the game.
    Last edited by Nayaga; 2014-06-10 at 08:50 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have been there. I can just fly over all of that.
    You haven't been to this Draenor before.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferocity View Post
    I thought "Daze" did exactly like that. "No-fly" people are in for a treat when they rediscover that ground mounts aren't really all that reliable. I hope they will enjoy getting dazed off the mount for 10th time in a row in 30 minutes interval. I also hope they will enjoy the gameplay of 10 minutes afk on flight-path each time they want to get somewhere.
    As an "I don't give a shit either way" person, does my opinion count?

I remember daze. I remember not liking getting dazed. I'm not sitting with my head in the sand, I just don't care. Is it really that big of a deal? I also remember knowing certain places where it was better to take a quick jog off the road, or around this enemy town. I'm not going to pretend this is some grand immersive adventure... but it is something.

Just as I didn't exaggerate about it being an immersive experience, I wish people wouldn't exaggerate about how terrible it is, or how you get dismounted every 5 feet, or how flight paths take 10-20 min... It's certainly not getting anyone anywhere.

Am I the only one who took flight paths about half the time (maybe 1/3 of the time) anyway? I know I'm not, but these threads make me feel like I am. I usually used zone to zone (flight paths) travel as a time to stretch. Refill my coffee or take a piss or whatever. Even when I took a direct flying mount on the proper vector to get there as fast as possible... sometimes I'd piss or get distracted and end up in a tree 2 zones past where I was going.

I'm not claiming that taking a piss is immersive gameplay, but why must using a flight path be the end of the world? Opinions being as they are... If it is the end of the world for some people, then it does seem that un-subbing is your best option at this point. Make your point with your wallet... because constant complaining on mmo-champ isn't going to get any satisfaction, and blizzard is just going to keep closing threads.

You haven't been to this Draenor before.
    So when it split of into a new time line the [technobabble] altered the [technobabble] that caused the planetary [technobabble] to misalign. That in turn makes flying impossible then? Even thought it is still the same planet we have been flying about for years essentially.

10+ Year Old Account
    So when it split of into a new time line the [technobabble] altered the [technobabble] that caused the planetary [technobabble] to misalign. That in turn makes flying impossible then? Even thought it is still the same planet we have been flying about for years essentially.
    Absolutely. Additionally, space dust particles present in the atmosphere above ground level cause anything that comes into contact with them to transform into grape jelly. This is generally considered to be a bad thing, although those who enjoy grape jelly find that their afternoon teas are wholly more enjoyable. There are those, of course, who would prefer marmalade - but such things cannot always be helped.

Fighting things in the real world is the intended design.
    Those weak little things that tickle you while you one button level? Those are intended design?

Well, I suppose if you are going to offer a paid service to skip it, that does kind of make it "intended" I guess.
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

Quote Originally Posted by rebecca191 View Post
    If people have to be forced kicking and screaming to do reward-less, danger-less content, where the only challenge is trying to stay awake, something is wrong with the content, not the players.
    Well said..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rebecca191 View Post
    If people have to be forced kicking and screaming to do reward-less, danger-less content, where the only challenge is trying to stay awake, something is wrong with the content, not the players.
    I really can't understand why the no-fly crowd can't understand this. It is mind boggling to me.

I really can't understand why the no-fly crowd can't understand this. It is mind boggling to me.
    We think you're exaggerating, since someone who truly wasn't enjoying the core gameplay element of killing mobs would have long since unsubbed.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

10+ Year Old Account
    We think you're exaggerating, since someone who truly wasn't enjoying the core gameplay element of killing mobs would have long since unsubbed.
    I love that core mechanic, but like many other, I dont find killing low level mobs that have no risk, no reward and little reward any fun. You say I should unsubscribe because I don't like killing low level mobs? Really?

I never said I don't enjoy that core mechanic of the game. Stop putting words in my mouth. That is a failed debate tactic.

You say I'm exaggerating, what am I exaggerating?
    Last edited by Nayaga; 2014-06-10 at 09:39 PM.

I love that core mechanic, but like many other, I dont find killing low level mobs that have no risk, no reward and little reward any fun. You say I should unsubscribe because I don't like killing low level mobs? Really?

I never said I don't enjoy that core mechanic of the game. Stop putting words in my mouth. That is a failed debate tactic.

What mob in TI (relevant content) is low level exactly? The critters?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragoncurry View Post
    What mob in TI (relevant content) is low level exactly? The critters?
    None and I don't expect fying on TI
    Last edited by Nayaga; 2014-06-10 at 10:08 PM.

You know you can't get dazed (not easily) by something 10 levels under you right? So you won't have to fight worthless mobs anyways...

10+ Year Old Account

You can still fly over all mobs whose levels are low enough to be irrelevant.

What evidence do you have to back up your claim that all mobs in Draenor will somehow have "no risk, no reward, and little reward [sic]"?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragoncurry View Post
    You know you can't get dazed (not easily) by something 10 levels under you right? So you won't have to fight worthless mobs anyways...
    Even if I avoid all mobs, flying is 310 speed, ground is 100

10+ Year Old Account
    You know, I actually wouldn't have a problem with no-flying if it was Skyrim, and not World of Pixelatedcartoons.
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

10+ Year Old Account
    You can still fly over all mobs whose levels are low enough to be irrelevant.

What evidence do you have to back up your claim that all mobs in Draenor will somehow have "no risk, no reward, and little reward [sic]"?
    do you think Blizzard will have starting zones in WoD with mobs level 90 to 91? I think they will. When we get to 100 they will offer no risk, no challenge and little reward.