Page 2 of 43 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Leeches View Post
    For someone who 'dropped this POS game back in november' you sure do have a lot to say

No need to cry about it, son. I'm sorry if I hurt your feelings by taking a big old negative shit all over WoW. Truth is, I haven't been subbed since November, so I can't snark at the developers on the official forums, so here I am.

I would love it if the developers would wake the fuck up and realize that it's 2014 and not 2004. Vanilla wasn't the Golden Age. It sucked. It was boring being stuck on the ground, and it was boring as fuck being a turret caster for so long.

Movement is 'fun.' Being able to cast on the run is 'fun.' Every Ranged should be able to run around and do good DPS, but apparently that's a Hunter-only thing.
    Garrosh: "LOK'TAR! HAVE A HAMBURGER."

I am The Burning Legion - Play Free Online Games

Quote Originally Posted by Infernix View Post
    No need to cry about it, son. I'm sorry if I hurt your feelings by taking a big old negative shit all over WoW. Truth is, I haven't been subbed since November, so I can't snark at the developers on the official forums, so here I am.

I would love it if the developers would wake the fuck up and realize that it's 2014 and not 2004. Vanilla wasn't the Golden Age. It sucked. It was boring being stuck on the ground, and it was boring as fuck being a turret caster for so long.

Movement is 'fun.' Being able to cast on the run is 'fun.' Every Ranged should be able to run around and do good DPS, but apparently that's a Hunter-only thing.
    Are you done?

Unconstructive posts like this aren't something we tolerate. Avoid it for the future.
    Last edited by Alarinth; 2014-05-22 at 01:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Yup, my thoughts exactly.

I was so sure there would be a KJC change in there that I scanned down the list till I saw it, and then...this.

We're screwed if we have to move more often then every 2 minutes. Worse for the fact that we have been used to the various previous incarnations of KJC. So we went from the most mobile caster to in Destro's case, the least mobile.
    What? How are you "Screwed"? SWG is fine for casters. Not being mobile is fine. That's why SWG is a good thing. A slight, situational movement buff. That's it. I can't believe there was ever a point where warlocks you freely cast their entire arsenal while moving this expac.

Sorry, our damage will be tuned badly because of the fact that hunters can cast on the move, it's not as fun as you think.

Im sure one shotting people would be "Fun" too. Doesn't mean it has any place in the game. If Ranged should be able to cast and move, then melee's abilities should hit from 40 yards. Because that's what it's like.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Starfighter View Post
    What? How are you "Screwed"? SWG is fine for casters. Not being mobile is fine. That's why SWG is a good thing. A slight, situational movement buff. That's it. I can't believe there was ever a point where warlocks you freely cast their entire arsenal while moving this expac.
    Well warlocks have to talent what shaman get baseline so there's that point of consideration as well.

Quote Originally Posted by MakeMeLaugh View Post
    As an elemental shaman, this pleases me. I don't know why, maybe because now I know we weren't the only ones screwed by their new "less casting while moving" policy.

Now let's all cry together =p
    Hahah, true, but I guess you guys are more screwed!
    We had it only for MoP... how long shamans have been able to cast on the move?

I'm serious. For most warlocks here it isn't a deal breaker, just unfun. For shammys it may feel like a deal breaker tough.

Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    Well warlocks have to talent what shaman get baseline so there's that point of consideration as well.
    They deserve to have theirs baseline at least. Elemental shamans are lacking a bit of oomph already :X

Well if they don't give destro back fel flame and/or a couple of instant cast dots I know what spec I'm not playing next expansion. Unless they hamfist it with over the top single target damage to make up for doing relatively nothing while moving so that people feel the need to play it anyways. If that's the case I'd probably just choose a different class. I've already experienced that once upon a time with arcane. It isn't fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Artemishowl View Post
    They deserve to have theirs baseline at least. Elemental shamans are lacking a bit of oomph already :X
    This is true.

Deleted
    Wow if demo will do crap dmg (not best spec) lock might not even be usable for progress ;/.

Insane nerf, but i guess MoP was the lock expansion and blizzard wants to make people reroll. I don't think KJC in new form can compete with mage blink or hunters move-and-shoot while effectively we don't bring to the table any more utility. (healthstone nerfed, gateway nerfed etc...)

Bring the player not the class.... don't think so

Meh.. fel flame gone and kjc gone will be "fun" for destro in arena. :s Time to try hunter I guess. Can't really see myself standing in one place again after having enjoyed this expansion more than any of the previous ones.

They seriously have a hard-on for Vanilla, don't they?
    From all the threads about missing Vanilla days, I think they're listening to players. Tragic, however.

If you think warlocks will be anything less than a top 3 dps spec, then you haven't been paying attention.

Bloodsail Admiral DrIvoRobotnik's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    So, two useless lv 90 Talents and one good one.... I sure do love these new talent trees, they give us so many "options." Brought a complete end to cookie cutter builds.

Quote Originally Posted by Reese View Post
    From all the threads about missing Vanilla days, I think they're listening to players. Tragic, however.
    Stationary DPS has been a staple of casters since Vanilla until Cata. It stopped with ridiculous dot specs and instant casts like aff lock / boomkin, then they just splurged out and handed out KJC to every lock for lols.

Literally nothing points to 'vanilla' its people kneejerking to the extreme as per usual.

"oh nose, i wont be able to run a marathon while doing full dps! guess they want to go back to 2004."

/wrist

finally some balance, demo been at top of everything for like 2 expacs - qq more

Quote Originally Posted by Leeches View Post
    If you think warlocks will be anything less than a top 3 dps spec, then you haven't been paying attention.
    I think this is more about how much of a pita this is going to be to play more than how much dps we're going to do. Just imagine a big world in flames type of moment and all you can do is conflag twice, assuming you didn't have to use it moving just before, and then all you can do is stare at the boss while you dodge the mechanics. Sure if everyone else is having to do that it might be balanced numbers wise but isn't that significantly more boring than doing that while doing your rotation or having other instants to fill the gaps during your movement?

I also don't particularly favor moving back to a time when bosses and the raid just stood still for extended amounts of time doing nothing but tunneling the boss.

@Blitzo

Don't be stupid, Kill Jaeden is a powerfull shaman, you know.

Just in case you buy it

Maybe removing KJC and making Fel flame a talent will be a better idea.
    I'll have to take Archimonde's Darkness if it stays like this :S The 3rd talent is also not that good.