Page 1 of 43
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

KJC change in WoD Alpha test

So, like most of us expected KJC got changed.

Originally Posted by MMO-Champion
    Kil'jaeden's Cunning You can cast Drain Soul, Incinerate and Shadow Bolt while moving. Warlock - LvL 90 Talent. Calls upon the cunning of Kil'jaeden to permit movement while casting Warlock spells. This spell may be cast while casting other spells. Lasts 15 sec. Warlock - LvL 90 Talent.Instant. 2 min cooldown.

Keep the discussion about KJC and our movement options in this 1 thread please.

Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    So, like most of us expected KJC got changed.

Originally Posted by MMO-Champion
    Kil'jaeden's Cunning You can cast Drain Soul, Incinerate and Shadow Bolt while moving. Warlock - LvL 90 Talent. Calls upon the cunning of Kil'jaeden to permit movement while casting Warlock spells. This spell may be cast while casting other spells. Lasts 15 sec. Warlock - LvL 90 Talent.Instant. 2 min cooldown.

Keep the discussion about KJC and our movement options in this 1 thread please.
    So we get (literally) spirit walkers grace.

Great.

So what the fuck do we cast while moving? Corruption?
    Cabana Pie Chart Twitch

Quote Originally Posted by cabana View Post
    So what the fuck do we cast while moving? Corruption?
    Aff gets all three DoTs, which due to new snapshotting/pandemic rules means you'll likely have a DoT to cast for stutter movement.

Demo has Corruption, Doom, HoG, and (technically) ToC.

Destro has Conflag and maybe RoF depending on mana costs and RoFs damage.

Seems like Aff will be okay for stutter movement (3 GCDs max at a time). Demo can do effective damage with ToC with pre-planning and a trade off due to spending the fury there. Destro has 2 GCDs max every 12 seconds w/ the pre-planning involved in saving those charges for the movement.
    Last edited by Brusalk; 2014-05-22 at 05:58 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Brusalk View Post
    So we get (literally) spirit walkers grace.

Great.
    Yup, my thoughts exactly.

I was so sure there would be a KJC change in there that I scanned down the list till I saw it, and then...this.

We're screwed if we have to move more often then every 2 minutes. Worse for the fact that we have been used to the various previous incarnations of KJC. So we went from the most mobile caster to in Destro's case, the least mobile.

Since it's a cooldown now i think we can safely assume that you can cast everything under it like at the start of the expansion.

Not really creative, but what can you do.

I intend to go affliction if progression allows me, with demo off spec. Demon don't seem so bad with SB cast time being brought to 1.6 seconds (and Spell power too, to keep it balanced).

Destro is gonna be casting RoF I guess, you're gonna be limited by 5 or 6 globals before OoM but they buffed RoF's damage. Only problem is that they don't override each other.

IMO, this is what they think: "We're gonna take KJC, that's amazing for PVE, and make it even more amazing with the removal of fel flame. Then, when everyone start saying it's mandatory, we're gonna use this as an excuse to nerf it to the ground, and bring back fel flame again, at some point. This way they all will be happy that we brought back FF and no one is gonna complain that we killed KJC!"

Am I overthinking? :P

Quote Originally Posted by evertonbelmontt View Post
    I intend to go affliction if progression allows me, with demo off spec. Demon don't seem so bad with SB cast time being brought to 1.6 seconds (and Spell power too, to keep it balanced).

Destro is gonna be casting RoF I guess, you're gonna be limited by 5 or 6 globals before OoM but they buffed RoF's damage. Only problem is that they don't override each other.

IMO, this is what they think: "We're gonna take KJC, that's amazing for PVE, and make it even more amazing with the removal of fel flame. Then, when everyone start saying it's mandatory, we're gonna use this as an excuse to nerf it to the ground, and bring back fel flame again, at some point. This way they all will be happy that we brought back FF and no one is gonna complain that we killed KJC!"

Am I overthinking? :P
    I don't think it's anywhere that sinister but I kind of see this happening anyway.

I friggin' knew they'd just make it spirit walker's grace for warlocks. We have to waste a lvl 90 talent for the same thing they get as a basic ability, typical thing to happen to warlocks lol. Wish they'd just get rid of that talent and give us back fel flame. At this point fel flame would be better utility than this. On the bright side at least we might get soulshatter back which I honestly am glad they're considering.

During 5.4 ptr we had something like

Kil'jaeden's Cunning Warlock - LvL 90 Talent. Calls upon the cunning of Kil'jaeden to permit movement while casting Warlock spells. This spell may be cast while casting other spells. Lasts 15 sec. Warlock - LvL 90 Talent.Instant. 1 min cooldown.

In the end GC said that nobody will take this useless talent. Now we have 2 min cd.

Did anyone actually expect them NOT to do this? They've been itching to return locks to to turret-mode since the middle of MOP.

So glad I dumped this POS game back in November.
    Garrosh: "LOK'TAR! HAVE A HAMBURGER."

I am The Burning Legion - Play Free Online Games

I would never take this talent, double dark soul it is

I guess it's time to dump Destruction once 6.0 comes around. Hopefully they'll manage to make Demo relevant once the tuning pass sets in.

As an elemental shaman, this pleases me. I don't know why, maybe because now I know we weren't the only ones screwed by their new "less casting while moving" policy.

Now let's all cry together =p

Casting while moving was getting out of hand. Good change.

And back on the rollercoaster.

No one will take this talent. Meaning they'll either buff it or nerf the other two. Considering we're Warlocks they'll nerf the other two. INC: "Archimonde's Darkness: Dark Soul does not trigger its cooldown; this effect cannot occur more than once every ten minutes."

I'd really rather they go the opposite direction with movement, so encounters are not limited. Oh well ... we'll see how it goes ...
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Patch 6.0: Due to the swell of new Warlocks, Movement has been removed as well as Fun.

They seriously have a hard-on for Vanilla, don't they?
    Garrosh: "LOK'TAR! HAVE A HAMBURGER."

I am The Burning Legion - Play Free Online Games

Quote Originally Posted by Infernix View Post
    Patch 6.0: Due to the swell of new Warlocks, Movement has been removed as well as Fun.

They seriously have a hard-on for Vanilla, don't they?
    For someone who 'dropped this POS game back in november' you sure do have a lot to say

Deleted
    even while I knew KJC was way to good and lot of other classes complained about it, it felt something like the old Affli, always running, doting, kiting... slowly killing. I really liked the feeling of the WL class this addon.
    Then they changed KJC.. than Demo.. than Affli... now they take away the tiny bit of fun that was left in Demo and Affli... and remove KJC to replace it with this super worse Iceflows/Spiritwalker ...
    I always ever only played WL as main and tried pushing it to the limits. But reading the notes latelay... saddens me more and more.. and I really think about stop playing WoW with the End of MOP... after 10 years. High numbers/dps with stupid easy rotations (think about T6 Destrolock or even Destrolock now o0) don't compensate challenging gameplay.

but maybe the new Boss encounters are more like Molten Core, where you dont need to move. Than it will be all fine =) can't see this work with Bosses like ToT and SoO, where I have to move every heartbeat, to get into or out of some effekts.

If they don't bring back Fel Flame this is going to be a frustrating expansion.