Page 34 of 34 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Secondwind View Post
    He doubled down on it a while later insisting he didn't understand the whole RIP Heroic Strike thing because the ability still exists. I'm going with genuine cluelessness rather than intentional misleading.
    I am amazed by the bubble the Devs seem to be living in. The whole blowback around the class changes (especially around Warriors) seem to have flown past them. I am starting to wonder if they even read their own forums at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Mihalik View Post
    I am amazed by the bubble the Devs seem to be living in. The whole blowback around the class changes (especially around Warriors) seem to have flown past them. I am starting to wonder if they even read their own forums at this point.

Rygarius isn't a dev, only a Community Manager.

What if they brought back Executioner and left out Slam? At least then there's another button to press that isn't on a cooldown. It would feel better than Whirlwind and there wouldn't be a question of DpR like there was with Slam accompanying it.

Even if Execute with Executioner cost 60 Rage, there's still enough room there for a Colossus Smash and Mortal Strike. Added benefit of sub 20% not feeling completely awful at least compared to what we have now.

Deleted
    I think we're all in agreement that we need one, maybe even 2 abilities added to the general rotation. The issue is what they do.

My idea would be to keep everything as it is, maybe buff Execute damage a tiny bit so that with the 2 new abilities it's still better and priority sub 20%. As mentioned before the problem with adding abilities is that if we get a low cost rage filler it jsut ends up being spammed and a large portion of the playerbase dislike the spammy feeling. However an even larger portion of the player base enjoy being GCD capped because without it, the class just feels sluggish and this is usually the case with under-geared Warriors anyway.

I still don't have a problem with the old fashion rend/overpower proc mechanic. Except this time don't make Rend be refreshed by anything, so you actually have to monitor it's uses (and snapshot with trinkets for more indepth gameplay!) Even if it was just adding rend in with a 6-10 second duration and 10 rage cost.

I strongly disagree with Whirlwind being part of the ST rotation, primarily because it looks daft as hell to do a little spin 3 times in a row to avoid rage capping, so perhaps shifting that away would be good too.

...If I'm completely honest I had no issue with the whole MS > CS > Slam x4 or MS > CS Overpower/HS combo... But if you have a 6 second window for CS then you either have to have 4 mediocre hitting abilities that have been buffed by CS or possibly a mechanic that involves using 3 mediocre abilities that buff the damage of a big hit... Sorta like a boxing combo?

Quote Originally Posted by Ultramad View Post
    I like it, but we'd need Slam for that third part to exist! haha. Other than that, ugh played a bit more beta tonight and just felt pretty bored with Arms leveling.
    Heh I didnt even notice. Stopped keeping up on it a week or two ago since Im not in the beta. Is it seriously just CS, MS, WW, Execute and talents? They can't be serious. With a mastery that just increases rotational damage abilities by a %? God what a step backward. Seriously mastery is supposed to be this spec defining feature that makes you feel special or whatever. They could literally remove mastery and increase the scaling on those abilities and you wouldn't know the difference.

Anyway I would like it if the spec was built around execute. It should hit hard, but then provide something that the spec hinges on. What I was saying earlier is like you are doing rotational stuff to "build up" to that big execute then you get the overpowering strike afterward. Or, and here is where skill cap and stuff comes in, you can get a 5 stack (making execute free) and pool 100 rage and do back to back execute -> overpowering strikes and stuff like that. Or depending on boss mechanics you can hold bladestorm until you get that aoe CS on adds from overpowering then aoe heavy with cds. You would need a filler still though it looks like, a no cd no rage cost low damage ability almost like a jabbing attack, call it Unrelenting strike. I still think slam should stay too, good damage and cost like 10 rage or something.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gandrake View Post
    I like how when people complain about getting killed by kill shot which can have a 43 yard range, no resource cost, and can be used again if it doesn't kill and everyone says WELL, HEY, YOU KNOW, IT IS CALLED KILL SHOT
    but when a warrior does it, clearly the ability's name is "useless wet noodle piece of shit strike with an exorbitant rage cost that should do the same damage as MS"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashtwo View Post
    I think we're all in agreement that we need one, maybe even 2 abilities added to the general rotation. The issue is what they do.
    We don't necessarily need something new in the general rotation... I mean, it'd be for the best, because CS>MS>WW>WW is pretty god damn boring, but we could live with that I think if they at least made it so we had something to press a bit more often. It's the horrific rage costs that suck right now, because it takes far too long to start building enough rage to even get your MS on cooldown going, and without constant charging you can only fit in a few WWs.

So we need the rage fixed so we can actually do some attacks now and then. Making MS free again or cheaper would help for starters.

We also need SOMETHING to react to. Some kind of proc or anything to actually mix up the basic rotation. Even just bringing sudden death back for the CS reset would help, at least it's something to notice and press once in a while. Alternatively, something that procs free WWs or bring back HS and give Arms Ultimatum. Whatever it is, there needs to be something that's not so unbelievably static.

Those two fixes, the rage and some kind of proc, and the spec would at least be PLAYABLE even if Blizzard don't wanna add some new abilities back in.

Of course, in an ideal world, I'd like to see them redo this whole thing from a fresh perspective, scrap the damn whirlwind thing that doesn't fit arms, and actually give the spec an engaging rotation with 4-6 buttons and not 2-3, but at this point I'd settle for just making it playable >.<

Quote Originally Posted by Ashtwo View Post
    (and snapshot with trinkets for more indepth gameplay!)
    Snapshotting is gone from everyone in WoD, sorry to burst the bubble Ash :P

I strongly disagree with Whirlwind being part of the ST rotation, primarily because it looks daft as hell to do a little spin 3 times in a row to avoid rage capping, so perhaps shifting that away would be good too.
    I can just about stomach it as a filler for Fury because the spinny spinny thing is kind of berserkery, but it doesn't fit arms at all whatsoever in any way themetically, and it looks stupid. And that's just aesthetics of it. The actual gameplay of having a weak aoe attack as part of your main rotation is annoying and outdated. Even DKs have a modifier on howling blast now. But we've gone over that already plenty of times.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hand Banana View Post
    Heh I didnt even notice. Stopped keeping up on it a week or two ago since Im not in the beta. Is it seriously just CS, MS, WW, Execute and talents? They can't be serious.
    And there's no more execute procs so execute is literally ONLY available below 20%. Until then it's CS, MS, WW and talents.

Deleted
    snapshotting is gone from everyone in wod, sorry to burst the bubble ash
    what.

Goddammit blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by Kae View Post
    We don't necessarily need something new in the general rotation... I mean, it'd be for the best, because CS>MS>WW>WW is pretty god damn boring, but we could live with that I think if they at least made it so we had something to press a bit more often. It's the horrific rage costs that suck right now, because it takes far too long to start building enough rage to even get your MS on cooldown going, and without constant charging you can only fit in a few WWs.

So we need the rage fixed so we can actually do some attacks now and then. Making MS free again or cheaper would help for starters.

We also need SOMETHING to react to. Some kind of proc or anything to actually mix up the basic rotation. Even just bringing sudden death back for the CS reset would help, at least it's something to notice and press once in a while. Alternatively, something that procs free WWs or bring back HS and give Arms Ultimatum. Whatever it is, there needs to be something that's not so unbelievably static.

Those two fixes, the rage and some kind of proc, and the spec would at least be PLAYABLE even if Blizzard don't wanna add some new abilities back in.

Of course, in an ideal world, I'd like to see them redo this whole thing from a fresh perspective, scrap the damn whirlwind thing that doesn't fit arms, and actually give the spec an engaging rotation with 4-6 buttons and not 2-3, but at this point I'd settle for just making it playable >.<
    You've hit the nail on the head in every aspect. Also your avatar confuses me.

imo CS is completly useless for arms on beta, due to 50%+ of it going to waste UNLESS you pool rage for whirlwind for it, which is soooo stupid, cause than you have like 75%+ waiting time outside of cs ...

oh fuck, there is no reasonning with beta-arms, its just broken and boring to a point of spontaneous self-ignition or heart-failure -.-

Quote Originally Posted by Sethanor View Post
    imo CS is completly useless for arms on beta, due to 50%+ of it going to waste UNLESS you pool rage for whirlwind for it, which is soooo stupid, cause than you have like 75%+ waiting time outside of cs ...
    Theres little reason to use whirlwind outside of CS unless you're capping on rage or can already fill every gcd inside CS. Else, you're just taking whirlwinds from your CS window and putting them elsewhere. Over the duration of the fight, you'll still be waiting the same amount, just more so outside of cs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sethanor View Post
    UNLESS you pool rage for whirlwind for it, which is soooo stupid, cause than you have like 75%+ waiting time outside of cs ...

Yeeep, that's the spec. Welcome to Arms

Only point in using whirlwind outside of CS is if you're going to rage cap, so you only get a couple of them to use outside of the CS window, then CS comes around and you get a super exciting burst of MS>WW>WW or so and then it's back to Autoattack and MS for the next 20s until CS is back up again. With no sudden death proc existing anymore, those CS windows are always the full length too so it's a loooong wait every single time. Thrilling stuff.

There is also another big issue which no one seems to have brought up yet, at least for PVP.

Passive mitigation. As of right now, DK's, Monk's, other Warriors all run with over 30% parry/dodge. You cant always be behind a targets and hell, on live, i have had 2-3 CS's parried in a row from DK's!

Live isnt too horrible, although annoying as hell. I can only imagine CS getting parriedand only being able to MS for ANOTHER 20 seconds.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by someonewithclap View Post
    There is also another big issue which no one seems to have brought up yet, at least for PVP.

Passive mitigation. As of right now, DK's, Monk's, other Warriors all run with over 30% parry/dodge. You cant always be behind a targets and hell, on live, i have had 2-3 CS's parried in a row from DK's!

Live isnt too horrible, although annoying as hell. I can only imagine CS getting parriedand only being able to MS for ANOTHER 20 seconds.
    Parries and dodges will slow down the rotation so much in pvp depending on how much dodge/parry classes have. with no haste, a parry of an auto attack will stop you using another move for another 3.6 seconds, which seems pretty extreme.

so hard-counter to warriors wont be other classes but pure rng of getting dodged/parried ... ye, seems about right for "warlords of dumbassery"

Quote Originally Posted by Requiel View Post
    Parries and dodges will slow down the rotation so much in pvp depending on how much dodge/parry classes have. with no haste, a parry of an auto attack will stop you using another move for another 3.6 seconds, which seems pretty extreme.
    I didn't even think about the auto-attack/rage consequences.