Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    This threat demonstrates the utter stupidity in assuming that people and countries should choose sides. There is nothing more foolish than those who choose to perpetuate ignorance.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Get your head out of the 19th century and understand that we live in a post-industrial society here.
    And understand that since that era we haven't found a way to properly fix unemployment without creating 19th century jobs. In which those are going overseas.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeakanice View Post
    And understand that since that era we haven't found a way to properly fix unemployment without creating 19th century jobs. In which those are going overseas.
    1) Service jobs.

2) Unemployment is endemic in a market economy, we understand that now.

3) If not now this problem would be popping up eventually either way.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    1) Service jobs.

2) Unemployment is endemic in a market economy, we understand that now.

3) If not now this problem would be popping up eventually either way.
    Would you define service jobs so I can properly retort please. (not being sarcastic just want to make sure I understand correctly.)

10+ Year Old Account
    Would you define service jobs so I can properly retort please. (not being sarcastic just want to make sure I understand correctly.)
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tertiar...of_the_economy
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vivapin8 View Post
    And that is what the Japanese are trying to do with all the Robot improvements, or did u think they are making all that hard work ust to have sex with ....ehhh wait
    I say the latter and god bless them for doing so.

- - - Updated - - -

Okay, I would say that while some of those jobs such as mining are disappearing, (Don't quite understand and am not knowledgeable enough to know how fishing is losing jobs) those numbers aren't anywhere near as high as the numbers we lose each year to outsourcing. In 2013 alone the U.S lost an estimated 2.3 million jobs to outsourcing and that number is expected to continue (http://www.statisticbrain.com/outsourcing-statistics-by-country/). Which is why getting those jobs back would dramatically improve our unemployment. I mean think about how the economy would improve if we brought back 2.3 millions jobs.

I do see your point though. Although I think jobs that we are going to lose to automation haven't quite become as dramatic as outsourcing. It will be an issue in the not to distant future and could potentially collapse the world economy if we can't figure out where to employ people who once held those jobs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Okay, I would say that while some of those jobs such as mining are disappearing, (Don't quite understand and am not knowledgeable enough to know how fishing is losing jobs) those numbers aren't anywhere near as high as the numbers we lose each year to outsourcing. In 2013 alone the U.S lost an estimated 2.3 million jobs to outsourcing and that number is expected to continue (http://www.statisticbrain.com/outsou...cs-by-country/). Which is why getting those jobs back would dramatically improve our unemployment. I mean think about how the economy would improve if we brought back 2.3 millions jobs.
    Full employment is largely a myth in peacetime, so it's unlikely that would decrease unemployment by a significant margin (especially given wage suppression and the spike in cost of living in the interim).

I do see your point though. Although I think jobs that we are going to lose to automation haven't quite become as dramatic as outsourcing. It will be an issue in the not to distant future and could potentially collapse the world economy if we can't figure out where to employ people who once held those jobs.
    The issue is that the low skill people who should have been working in positions like cashiers are being displaced by a glut of overqualified individuals who cannot find jobs due to low demand. If demand were increased (by shifting the tax burden and increasing wages) then a lot more middle and upper middle class service jobs would be created, opening the low skill jobs to people who formerly worked in things like manufacturing.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's all cool as long as China leaves Japan, South Korea, Taiwan, and all the other asian allies alone.

Why can't countries be pro-themselves instead of picking US, china or Russia.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grand Crusader Absalom View Post
    There are significant economic and strategic benefits to aligning yourself with one of the great powers.

The butthurt is strong in this thread.

On topic, I say let all the asians kill eachother off. Especially Japan. Kill Japan.

Intel Core i5 4690K 3.50Ghz, OC'd to 4.0Ghz | 8GB Corsair DDR3-1066 RAM | Gigabyte Z97-HD3
    NVIDIA GeForce 680GTX 2048MB VRAM | Corsair 750TX 750W PSU | Phantecks Dual fan PH-TC14PE

10+ Year Old Account
    Alliances have been around for thousands of years. Might as well ask why the sun rises in the morning.

Known US military bases, GL with that china, learn how to make "friends" so you can actually dock in Australia and maybe next time a plane goes missing you'll have somewhere for your ships

10+ Year Old Account
    http://www.asiancenturyinstitute.com...o-stay-in-asia

just one country that wants us to stay, along with Japan, South Korea, Vietnam (to an extent), Thailand, and a few others. Many are very wary of China.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    because if your a crappy small country you will always be under the wing of a major/world power
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

Quote Originally Posted by Nakura Chambers View Post
    The same way anyone comes with such a list, compiling facts, trade agreements, defense treaties, governmental sentiments, etc.

Try educating yourself: https://www.cia.gov/library/publicat...orld-factbook/
    I'd put dollars to donuts you didn't compile jack shit.

What you did was look at any country that has had a positive reaction ever at any point even once in their history and said they're pro US.
    Dragonflight Summary, "Because friendship is magic"

Quote Originally Posted by wells View Post
    the 1800s telegraphed. They said they want their isolationism back.
    whoooooosh!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zolok2.0 View Post
    The butthurt is strong in this thread.

On topic, I say let all the asians kill eachother off. Especially Japan. Kill Japan.
    But what about my animes!
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Lets say you have a two 3 inch lines. One is all red and the other is 48% red and 52% blue. Does that mean there's a 50-50 chance they're both red or is the second line matching the all red line by 48%?
    ^^^ Wells using an analogy

10+ Year Old Account
    The whole point behind outsourcing it's that it is more cost effective from a labor standpoint. If outsourcing were not a thing there would be a much greater incentive to mechanize domestic production (assuming of course that wage labor remains high value).
    The problem with outsourcing is that its an end-run around labor law. The US has decided that certain working standards regarding wages and conditions need to be met. The corporate solution is naturally, move the work elsewhere so long as its profitable to do so.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by runeghost View Post
    The problem with outsourcing is that its an end-run around labor law. The US has decided that certain working standards regarding wages and conditions need to be met. The corporate solution is naturally, move the work elsewhere so long as its profitable to do so.
    Which is problematic, but ultimately beneficial in the long run in the countries where outsourcing is received since it promotes economic growth and stability.