Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Theme wise i did not enjoy MoP very much, i was actually really looking forward to the MoP style of art and more, but i mostly felt as if the major colours were green and brownish once i started playing. There was only one raid that caught my eye and wanted me to actually start raiding this expansion and that was ToT. But after i cleared that i wasn't very keen on raiding it again. But yeh, cataclyms was my favourite expansion with the lovely twilight theme and bad ass raids (even thought DS sucked, i purged that from my memory bank). But all expansions had that one raid which was bad if you ask me. Maybe ill go back to raiding in WoD though =)

If it wasn't for the ridiculously long SoO patch, MoP would've been my favorite expansion, bar none.

5.0 was some of the most enjoyable continent-exploring and raiding experiences I've ever had. The world was expansive and fun, so much to explore, and going out you'll probably find something you missed or didn't know about every time. It's the first time they have ever had an interesting, interactive world and they succeeded.

5.1 introduced a revolutionary and successful storytelling method that, despite some "waaah dailies suck" whiners, was widely well-received.

5.2 offered one of the largest raid tiers to date with interesting boss mechanics and an exciting daily hub isle that was almost as popular as Isle of Quel'danas and arguably far better made and enjoyable.

5.3 was a filler patch but an interesting one. Heroic Scenarios ended up being widely popular and remain an active aspect of WoW to this day.

5.4 introduced the Timeless Isle, an entirely revolutionary little testing area for future content in the next expansions that ended up succeeding at capturing players' attentions for a surprisingly long time. SoO is a solid raid, and Timeless Isle provided enough solo content to entertain casual players for quite a while.

I really don't see where MoP "failed" or "wasn't good". IMO it was the most enjoyable expansion overall to date, rivaling WotLK. The only bad taste left in players' mouths is the long wait until WoD, which isn't the fault of the content itself.

Deleted
    I wonder, did anybody else experience issues in the first tier?
    I was in a small, average guild of friends, but we had several problems.
    Mogu'shan we progressed through (normal and heroic) pretty normal.
    Some bosses fast, some other much slower (took us quite a while to learn Elegon) but we made progress from try to try, from week to week.

We kinda noticed a big jump, perhaps too big, in Heart of Fear. Some bosses took us countless tries, even just on normal, and sometimes we could barely notice any progress being made.
    I don't remember us having similar issues in any other tier of MoP, or past tiers as well.

For some reason Jaylock loves to put
    up threads like these.
    Count them up, there are hundreds of these things. Quite why he feels the need to
    keep going on about how much he hates Wow is beyond me.

On the other hand he could just have some attention based problems, I
    for one don't like these thread where people constantly bash Wow.
    For what purpose do you do this?

Just for my
    amusement, would
    you be so kind as to explain why you
    love starting these threads? I mean it must be something to do with attention,
    or do you really just hate Wow/Blizz?
    Come on now, please let us
    know.
    Last edited by Navitas; 2014-06-16 at 03:41 PM.

See for me I really couldn't care less about Pandaren Lore, The whole Pandarian experience was a huge lore let down for me. The SoO stuff was okay but I'm really glad that isn't the end of Garrosh completely, I think his character is worth more than just having him face 'pandarian justice'.

Bring on WoD and the return of the ORCS :>

Quote Originally Posted by prudhvirazz View Post
    Agree with the OP. It's a fact.
    It's not a fact, it's an opinion.

Taste is completely subjective

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by prudhvirazz View Post
    Agree with the OP. It's a fact.
    Green is the best color ever, it's a fact.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Argarock View Post
    Mop was the best expansion in Wows history, not a single bad patch. rivaled only by Wotlk.

If you think Mop was worse than Cata, you are objectively wrong.
    MoP was the worst expansion in WoW history, not a single good patch.

If you think MoP was better than Cata, you are objectively wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Kryos View Post
    MoP was one of the best Expansions if you put down nostalgia glasses and try to be objective.
    MoP was one of the worst expansions if you put down subjective glasses and try to be objective.

//
    Quote Originally Posted by Akumasama View Post
    Who says it doesn't?
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...1#post27664592
    Last edited by mmoc1c1d6a1668; 2014-06-16 at 01:31 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilian View Post
    MoP was vastly superior to Cataclysm in about every other aspect except no raid tier came close to T11 in quality.
    None ever will T11 was the hardest by far and just had so many good fights.
    Al'Akir - EU Affliction, Mistweaver, Holydin and Blood raid toons.
    15 years of loving Broodwar Zerg.

Quote Originally Posted by Itisamuh View Post
    Gilneas alone was better than all of Pandaria.
    I fear you're just plain wrong. But don't worry, that error can happen to all at times
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

Deleted
    Why is Jaylock not permabanned yet?

Infracted
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2014-06-16 at 02:06 PM.

MoP was pretty much the worst expansion so far.

The atmosphere is just pandacartoonland. You go from killing Illidan's forces, the Undead and Twilight cultists/elementals to stopping monkeys stealing fish and rabbits stealing carrots. It was just too cartoony and childish.

It wasn't a good expansion, I'll agree with you. But its better than Cataclysm by far!

I actually really enjoyed MoP. Granted I came in a little late (was unsubbed due to Cata) to MoP, around Patch 5.2 I believe. But I enjoyed the change of scenery, the story of Pandaria and the Raids.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dd614 View Post
    The atmosphere is just pandacartoonland. You go from killing Illidan's forces, the Undead and Twilight cultists/elementals to stopping monkeys stealing fish and rabbits stealing carrots. It was just too cartoony and childish.
    You don't have to do Valley. It exists for people who enjoy such things. You can always go to Krasarang Wilds instead and deal with Saurok.

Quote Originally Posted by TJ View Post
    I enjoyed Cataclysm more than MoP, that's how bad this expac was for me. FOR ME.
    I bet during Cata you were saying how much you hated it but now in MOP you look back on it slightly differently... While you are saying you hate MOP now you will probably see positives in it when WOD comes.

I liked MOP (apart from terrace of endless springs and SoO being the current content for so long). TOT is 1 of the best raids WOW has ever had in my opinion. I don't see the raid mechanics as being any less creative than previous xpacs either. After 10 years they are bound to be reusing a lot of mechanics but is this really much different to Cata or Wotlk ?

No xpac has added as many features as MOP. From pet battles and brawlers guild to Flex. It offered a lot of things besides just new raid bosses and quests which is what most other xpacs have offered.
    Last edited by Paulosio; 2014-06-16 at 02:12 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by satimy View Post
    MoP was my least favorite expansion and the worst parts for me were

1. Reputations being only being able to be gotten through dailies, tabards might have been bad but they made 5 mans popular which is think is good
    2. Valor gear tied only to reputations, wrath and cata had a "neutral" valor vendor that sold decent gear
    3. Item level is completely out of control, in WOTLK I was doing 12k on my shadowmourne warrior at the end of the expansion single target, that was double what I could do in full heroic dungeon gear.
    4. 5 man content was stale, poor and never updated
    5. The pvp zone was terrible (more dailies), but the story was pretty cool. Pvp was non existant though.
    6. Timeless isle seems like a lazy excuse for not adding more 5 mans, Isle of thunder was awesome though.
    7. Class homogezination
    8. Lfr was worse than Cata
    Yeah no except you didn't do 6k in dungeon gear

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vedni View Post
    Wow, the general opinion that TBC was bad is really gaining steam. It was significantly more popular than Cata/MoP, how bad could it have been?
    I can't really judge since I started playing near the end of TBC, but everything I heard/saw about it appeases me.
    Looking at TBC on paper compared to WoW now it LOOKS bad, but players who actually played it tend to enjoy it. I liked Vanilla and BC, and I liked MoP. *shrug*
    AchaeaKoralin - Are you still out there? | Classic Priest

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    You don't have to do Valley. It exists for people who enjoy such things. You can always go to Krasarang Wilds instead and deal with Saurok.
    Sure but it kinda ruins the overall feel. They could have done it like in D3 and added it as a funny secret level. Nothing wrong with that..