Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    i enjoyed this expansion - only thing which i would change would be the pacing of tier releases - if both previous tiers would be 2 months longer - 1 month in each partial patch it would be really really good - but i think blizzard learned this mistake and wont repeat it in WoD - duno why but for some reason 5.0 and 5.1 felt waaay to short i enojoyed both legendary obtaining system and gear upgrades - dailies too strangly - i guess im that old rpg school grinder who enjoys quest like kill 600 mobs of 1 type to collect enough drops from them to craft something shiny and dailies were kinda such grinds especially dominance offensive was really really good wish 5.1 lasted loonger liek 2-3 months longer

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fixx View Post
    So how exactly does the space ships and floating crystals fit into LotR style/art/locations? Care to explain that or are you just a hypocrite?

Also magic is very subdued in LotR all around, so high fantasy like WoW fits there like a square peg in round hole anyway.
    Draeni, or the "broken" were a part of original warcraft lore. The story that they came from an eredar planet was more so developed in WoW during the burning crusade because we had a reason to go to an alien planet to vanquish the threat of the burning legion there.

The panda bears were literally made up on the spot, and all their culture and lore were pulled directly out of the asses of the developers because they thought "hey, people will really like panda bears and asian culture!"

Boy were they wrong. We really didn't like that type of game because it just doesnt call out and say Warcraft like the other expansions did.

Shrug, cannot say I agree with you. I think MoP is the best expansion so far by a mile, prettiest scenery and music we've had for years. Definitely the most enjoyable leveling experience. Rest was about as I good as I expected (good). I guess thats how opinions work.

Herald of the Titans Dristereau's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    If you make one thread complaining about something, you don't have to make another one. In short, I've enjoyed MoP. It's raids were amazing, and even when I did not get to do Flex/Normals I was able to see Raids using LFR. In Cataclysm I never visited any T11 or T12 Content. I've been addicted to doing Challenge Modes. There are more PVP Battlegrounds with no crappy sizes or Siege Engines. Lots of the Armour Sets are decent quality, some of them amazing. I've enjoyed it massively, especially the Champion Rare Spawns of 5.0 whilst leveling and killing at 90. There was also Pet Battles for those interested.

I have two complaints with MoP. First, the focus on Valor. Secondly the lack of decent patch content outside of Raids in 5.3 and 5.4. Battlefield Barrens and Timeless Isle were both pretty crap. Swap them both for Dungeons and I'd have been happier.

Anyways, stop complaining about Pandas. We're going into an expansion that uses time travel and alternate timelines to try and justify itself. Pandaren were not really the focus of MoP. The Raid Content had a massive focus on Orcs, Zandalari Trolls, Mogu and Mantid. Obviously you must have hated TBC with its stupid spacegoats and spaceships. They aren't traditional Warcraft Lore. Accept that MoP is as much a part of the lore as TBC and every other expansion.

Anyways, for the record I consider Cataclysm the worst expansion to date. I never had to leave Stormwind after hitting 85. All I did was que Dungeons and PVP. WoD hasn't really shown anything new feature wise to really make me praise it yet.
    Dristereau - Axxolentus - Infernus - Sequentia - Nulo - Desterrar

Silvermoon
    - Shadowsong/Aszune - Tarren-Mill/Dentarg (SL Mage Tower: 29/36
    )

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TJ View Post
    I enjoyed Cataclysm more than MoP, that's how bad this expac was for me. FOR ME.
    unfortunately agree
    I just could not force my self to log in and play during MOP ;/
    Actually I had pretty good start but I left the game after 8 weeks...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Draeni, or the "broken" were a part of original warcraft lore. The story that they came from an eredar planet was more so developed in WoW during the burning crusade because we had a reason to go to an alien planet to vanquish the threat of the burning legion there.

The panda bears were literally made up on the spot, and all their culture and lore were pulled directly out of the asses of the developers because they thought "hey, people will really like panda bears and asian culture!"

Boy were they wrong. We really didn't like that type of game because it just doesnt call out and say Warcraft like the other expansions did.
    This seems to turn more and more into a pandaren hate thread.

Did you know, the pandaren was a 'joke-race' for a bit into Warcraft 3 before Blizzard thought they could use them more?

And well, many seem to disagree with you. Quite enjoying the pandaren, and the fact that you have 2 kinds of Pandaren theme.

Liked the overall story telling within MoP. Cata could have done will, did with some of the zones until you came into higher zones, then it was shattering slowly.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    This seems to turn more and more into a pandaren hate thread.

Did you know, the pandaren was a 'joke-race' for a bit into Warcraft 3 before Blizzard thought they could use them more?

And well, many seem to disagree with you. Quite enjoying the pandaren, and the fact that you have 2 kinds of Pandaren theme.
    Yeah, which is why they dont fit well into the game. It feels like they were forced through into the main lore of the game. They started out as a joke, and they should have been kept that way in WC3 and not brought into their MMO imho.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, which is why they dont fit well into the game. It feels like they were forced through into the main lore of the game. They started out as a joke, and they should have been kept that way in WC3 and not brought into their MMO imho.
    But they weren't really forced. As they were hinted throgh the lore as the strangers or unknown race.. And they fit well for an MMO. Creates differences instead of all being the same, as well, fan service. Though, think Goblins might have been able to do better if it wasn't for the gnomes. So, quite hard to chose if you wanted a Dual faction race.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    How exactly can it be "complicated gear system" when you can easily guess the stats you need with some testing/research, and the gear is there for you to pi it up...

Personal opinion is personal. MoP was the best expansion yet -- to be followed by the worst expansion.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    If you look at this link you will see how the Pandaren came about http://wowpedia.org/History_of_pandaren_in_Warcraft and an excerpt from that page In the first BlizzCast episode launched on Jan. 10, 2008, Samwise recalled the process to the creation of the Pandaren April Fool's page: "But so we put that up in there and everyone was like “Oh my God! A PANDA RACE? That’s kind of cool!” And I’m like “Are you kidding me, really? You want to see pandas in Warcraft III or whatever?”"

And if you look at the WoW section there were many hints to the Pandaren during TBC as back then as most know they were going to be a Alliance race but in the end they went with the Draenei instead.. But in the end it was Blizz who created WoW and not you so if Blizz want to add in Pandaren into WoW then they can, so live with it..

And yes they may have started out as a April Fools joke but in then end it became the most popular April Fools joke..

Because yes I like MoP even more than Cata, at the end Cata was a huge let down..

Just for good measure http://wow.joystiq.com/2010/10/03/kn...-the-pandaren/ ..
    Last edited by grexly75; 2014-05-23 at 05:09 PM.

Deleted
    Well I can't believe I'm going to reply to another rehashed Jaylock thread but...

Lack of interesting raids
    Lack of creative raid mechanics
    Asian style theme not fitting for the WoW universe
    Major emphasis on panda bears
    Terrible, complicated gearing system / ilvl system
    Instant gratification gear catch up system
    9 months of SoO and counting...
    The illusion of a ton of things to do, when in reality it was still a "sit in town and que up expansion"
    They're all your opinions man, all your own opinions. As are mine. I found the raids apart from the HoF to be all interesting. ToT was epic in scale, Siege gave me a great, tense vibe of "Wow. We're really raiding orgrimmar!".

Your second point (*ahem* - opinion)...are. you. joking? C'mon Jaylock, as a TBC fan, you must surely remember how a lot of the bosses went like back then. Vanilla was even worse - they had about as many mechanics as WotLK 5-man bosses did (I swear some of those WotLK 5-man bosses/vanilla raid bosses had no mechanics at all!). Yeah sure, the mechanics today have not changed much since wrath, but they also seemed pretty fresh save a few.

Your problem with the Asian-style theme could come across as slightly xenophobic, which I sincerely hope you are not trying to be in this instance. Your argument is pretty null and void considering how much WoW already takes from real-life cultures...Asia (Let's be honest here, Chinese culture is what MoP is based on) has been pretty much left out of the fold. So, dedicating one expansion to one cultural theme is no biggie in my eyes, and besides they wanted to appeal to the volatile Chinese market...

Hardly. The raids have mostly NOT been centered on Pandaren, and we've had plenty of non-Pandaren focus in this expansion. Also, stop trying to make out as if they are "cute and cuddly" - they're really not! Do they walk around with a huge grin, holding a big bowl of noodles? Or acting like real pandas...which are frankly pretty underwhelming creatures...

I agree that the Ilv system is annoying as hell.

There was no sense of instant gratification on the timeless isle. None whatsoever. I spent 1wk getting geared for LFR. It was horrible at times. Ever been a freshly dinged player on TI? The elite mobs just have to sneeze on you and you die. Even some of the non-elites are deadly to anyone under about 480 Ilv. This was no picnic, and considering how catch-up mechanics broke and ran down even semi-casual guilds in TBC...what's your solution? Make everyone go back one tier to do it again on new toons? Pffft.

Yes, we all know what a pain that is. And Blizzard are being pretty unapologetic about it...

Yes, a lot of the stuff you can do IS que (why doesn't my spellchecker recognize "que?")-based, but then none of it existed in past expansions in the first place. And what's wrong with que-based content I ask? Well, as long as there's enough open world content to do, and I heartily agree that we need more of that.

Meh.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Post View Post
    I think MoP is better in terms of game quality though.
    Rofl. 0/10. Are you even trying?

MoP was vastly superior to Cataclysm in about every other aspect except no raid tier came close to T11 in quality.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

I wonder how big a percentage of people who didn't like MoP don't like it only because of the whole pandaren/Asian theme.

Also see a lot of posts saying it was so bad that they quit after a few weeks or months. I don't think you can say it sucked when you only played a small percentage of it.

I agree that the story sucked, but the gameplay (at least on the PvE end) was very good.
    Pros:
    -3 decent sized, solid raid tiers
    -More non raiding/non pvp content than ever (Brawler's guild, pet battles, proving grounds)
    -Introduction of Flex

Cons:
    -Mediocre story (not a huge deal to me)
    -Lack of 5 mans
    -Making LFR into a staple

Not quite as good as Wrath, but miles ahead of Cata for me.

Deleted
    MoP rocked, the problem is that the majority of players is a rose-glass-wearing bunch of whiners who think that everything was better in TBC (which really sucked balls).

In your opinion, why was Mop a big let down of an expansion? What did they do wrong in Mop compared to their other expansions so far? What could they have done better?
    If you cared about people's opinions, you wouldn't try to force them in a negative direction. Be upfront about what you want and stop trying to manipulate people.

MOP was fine IMO!

Deleted
    I judge an expansion by how much fun Ive had playing it.

And I've had LOTS of fun playing MoP, just as I had lots of fun playing Cataclysm. Wotlk was alright, Ulduar especially was amazing, and vanilla and TBC both equally sucked in terms of how much fun they were for me.

Simple as that.

I thought nothing could be worse than the end of Cata, but Mop actually has it beat. As bad as the end of CATA was It didn't make me unsub. I unsubbed from wow in January for the first time since starting in January 2005. So this to me says that MOP is just not the xpac for me.

Deleted
    Honestly MoP wasn't/isn't that bad. Sure, PVP has been in a better state, community has degraded further and the expansion doesn't offer very challenging content at all outside of HC raiding. Aside from those minor and expected downsides, the only real issue with MoP was that Blizzard went full retard with zone phasing. It made it slightly desolate and gave the illusion that the game had been abandoned. Other than that it was pretty cool.