Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ...
    Some of the mechanic changes and additions to the game I liked.
    But the over all theme and story were terrible to me. I hated the Asian theme as it didn't really fit Warcraft, and I HATE troll content.. PLEASE STOP.
    It seems like when they run out of ideas, they say, hey lets just make some new troll content and re-use all the old troll content.
    AOE Poison Check, AOE Silence Check, on and on, they are by far the shallowest puddle of wow and they keep trying to reuse it.
    And just watch they will find a way to include trolls in WoD, even though they don't exist on Draenor.

If they mixed the story of Cata, with the structure(features and improvements) of MoP, it would have been a wonderful expac.
    Well if they didn't let content last over 9 months....

While I like the sound and direction of WoD so far..
    I am less than enthused to go from 9+ months of SoO to fighting MORE orcs in WoD.
    They should have planned that a bit better.. Maybe should have done SoO then ToT?

I would say:
    Wrath > Cata = TBC > Vanilla > MoP
    Last edited by Gadfly; 2014-06-17 at 10:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vedni View Post
    Wow, the general opinion that TBC was bad is really gaining steam. It was significantly more popular than Cata/MoP, how bad could it have been?
    I can't really judge since I started playing near the end of TBC, but everything I heard/saw about it appeases me.
    It's something i've noticed on here before, players who've admitted to not even playing during TBC have shit on it saying why and how it's a bad expac. Usually to defend the expac they started in.

Then anybody who says anything positive about TBC gets told to take off nostalgia goggles.

I really don't get what the big hype about TBC is and why every thread about every other expansion derails into how "awesome" it was. I've gone over it in the past but TBC released a massive amount of useless, unpopular or gamebreaking new "features" that did nothing but water down the game, and took you from the expansive world of Eastern Kingdoms and Kalimdor to this tiny, circle-shaped sandbox world that you could traverse in ten minutes. Enough of the nostalgia glasses, people. BC was really not very good at all. If you actually looked at it from an objective view there is no way it was better than virtually any expansion except maybe Cataclysm. I don't doubt that most of you barely played it or started playing the game during BC and as such it was your first experience with the game. That doesn't make it good.

I get the feeling that in the future people will look back on MoP (excluding the abysmal foresight with patch release dates, jesus christ) and remember it as a solid and enjoyable expansion. Aside from the drawn-out SoO patch there was really nothing I can say that went "wrong" with MoP, except maybe (arguably) the talent system and the legendary cloak questline.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    I include the vale of eternal sorrows as part of the rehash. We already saw nourshen, we already saw the areas where the protectors are, we already saw the mine via a scenario, we already saw the room where the sha is chillin.
    Yes heavens Forbid that they re-use something, story telling, common sense and cohesion be Damned!... That said, Immerseus' room was brand new, as was the room of the Sha of Pride.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

• Lack of interesting raids
      - Define "interesting".
    • Lack of creative raid mechanics
      - Uh... Define "creative"?
    • Asian style theme not fitting for the WoW universe
      - Native american theme - fine. Mongol theme - fine. Egypt theme - fine. Greek theme - fine. Asian theme - "not fitting"? Much logic. Wow.
    • Major emphasis on panda bears
      - Again, purely subjective. I like pandas more than goblins.
    • Terrible, complicated gearing system / ilvl system
      - How is it more complicated than anything we've seen before? Higher ilevel = good. Is it too complicated for you?
    • Instant gratification gear catch up system
      - As opposed to being hopelessly behind after taking a small break at any point of the expansion? Heck, it looks like a good thing to me.
    • 9 months of SoO and counting...
      - Not any different from any previous expansion.
    • The illusion of a ton of things to do, when in reality it was still a "sit in town and que up expansion"
      - It's all comparative, mkay? It sure as hell has more things to do than Cata.
    The night is dark and full of terrors...

Well I can only speak for me, but I think overall I had a pretty good time with MoP. I'm not gonna sit here and say it hasn't gone on too long (cause it kinda has, lol) or that SoO is a bit old for lots of folks (including me, a Flex hero lol) but I think it was a good one. Yeah the dailies were kinda poo-ish and upon early review were pretty much mandatory (or something close to that) but I think over time it has become pretty neat.

I mean I see posts calling every single expansion the "death" of WoW or the "worst" xpac or what have you; no matter what they do in ANY expansion, it's going to eventually garner some hatred. I'm pretty neutral towards WoD so far and I still think that BC was the "best" time this game has had so far, but that's just me, and Blizz isn't going to be able to please everybody, no matter what they do or how many free lap dances they hand out. I dunno, I mean I've even had fun during MoP while they steadily nerfed my poor spriest...and you know what? She is still my favorite (and hottest!) toon.

I guess I say most of this because I have tried almost every other mmo out there, and yet always find myself right back at WoW and Gw 1. Ya I am old-school, but at 38 I have played 'em all, and this game STILL has the most content out there, hands down. If you don't or didn't like Mop, I'm sure you have your reasons and I'm not about to sit here and lie to you and tell you it was a perfect expansion. But I'm quite certain WoD will change enough to bring some of our brethren back. Much love guys!

Deleted
    MoP wasnt, and WoD wont be as well.

MoP was focused on raiding too much. WoD will remove gameplay components. Infact blizzard removes more than they add as it seems.

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Care to elaboreret on the patch release timings?
    ToT was released 1 or 2 months too early. it went live 3 months after i killed sha of fear hc (world 21) and that includes the christmas/new year period, so technically 2 months. considering that was a world 21 kill then you can see why ToT was released too early.

likewise, because of ToT being released so early it meant ToT was out for ages - this was because they couldn't release SoO earlier. why? look at the gap between SoO release + new expansion, it's gonna be almost 14~ months. imagine if SoO came out 2 months earlier. would be awful.

basically the patch timings for MoP were really bad. for everyone: for hardcore guilds, for mediocre progression guilds and casuals.
    Last edited by Floopa; 2014-06-17 at 11:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by namelessone View Post
    • Asian style theme not fitting for the WoW universe
      - Native american theme - fine. Mongol theme - fine. Egypt theme - fine. Greek theme - fine. Asian theme - "not fitting"? Much logic. Wow.
    If they did a WHOLE Egyptian expansion, I wouldn't like it either. And ya, that zone did not fit either - and most people even said that at the time.
    Mongol is pretty much hand in hand with Asian.
    What is native american? I would say the closest to that is Shaman, and that has been in warcraft forever.

Where is this Greek theme you speak of?

Deleted
    He is comparing orcs to pandas, because orcs are based on mongol society. He is comparing titans to pandas, because titans are based on greek and norse mythology. Yes, he is playing with semantics, move on.

Quote Originally Posted by Aakarshan View Post
    I really don't get what the big hype about TBC is and why every thread about every other expansion derails into how "awesome" it was.
    Obviously because it's true for most people.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Floopa View Post
    ToT was released 1 or 2 months too early. it went live 3 months after i killed sha of fear hc (world 21) and that includes the christmas/new year period, so technically 2 months. considering that was a world 21 kill then you can see why ToT was released too early.

likewise, because of ToT being released so early it meant ToT was out for ages - this was because they couldn't release SoO earlier. why? look at the gap between SoO release + new expansion, it's gonna be almost 14~ months. imagine if SoO came out 2 months earlier. would be awful.

basically the patch timings for MoP were really bad. for everyone: for hardcore guilds, for mediocre progression guilds and casuals.
    I thought the patch timing was excellent, and so did all my friends. Huh, Blizzard can't win; either they release patches too fast or too slow...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gadfly View Post
    If they did a WHOLE Egyptian expansion, I wouldn't like it either. And ya, that zone did not fit either - and most people even said that at the time.
    Mongol is pretty much hand in hand with Asian.
    What is native american? I would say the closest to that is Shaman, and that has been in warcraft forever.

Where is this Greek theme you speak of?
    Tauren are the native American, and the greek theme would be all the Night elf and Naga ruins.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Summoner View Post
    He is comparing orcs to pandas, because orcs are based on mongol society. He is comparing titans to pandas, because titans are based on greek and norse mythology. Yes, he is playing with semantics, move on.

Obviously because it's true for most people.
    Part mongol, part native African tribes really.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

I thought the expansion was pretty well, and I enjoyed Cataclsym too up until dragon soul. The only thing I would have changed for Mists was to have two starter zones instead of the jade forest.

I don't think the Asian style itself was the problem. The issue is that Blizzard didn't implement it correctly. They went with the cliche, stereotypical "vision" of Asia which completely undermined any attempt to flesh the Pandaren out as a serious civilization.

Quote Originally Posted by Forsworn Knight View Post
    I don't think the Asian style itself was the problem. The issue is that Blizzard didn't implement it correctly. They went with the cliche, stereotypical "vision" of Asia which completely undermined any attempt to flesh the Pandaren out as a serious civilization.
    Yes because when I think of WoW the first thought is "wow, super cereal".

Quote Originally Posted by Forsworn Knight View Post
    Very true, though the same could probably be said (and likely has been said in this thread) for a lot of WoW's races. I mean, the Tauren and the Trolls are just a couple of shakes away from being racist stereotypes themselves. I think the lesson here is an unsurprising one: Blizzard's writing has a long and celebrated history of being kind of fail.