Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by arcaneshot View Post
    Someone in my raid passed on an item upgrade because he 4/4 upgraded the one he was using already.

...yeah, in some ways, it is kind of stupid. But at least, on Week 2 of the Upgrades being available, we're starting to see the improvements.
    It has caused a bit of angst from people, with lots of "do I upgrade this non-warforged item?" and then a warforged item drops after they wasted their VP.

Quote Originally Posted by Akraen View Post
    It has caused a bit of angst from people, with lots of "do I upgrade this non-warforged item?" and then a warforged item drops after they wasted their VP.
    I upgraded my Vial trinket to 4/4 and then same day warforged dropped. 1.5k valor for "one" trinket in same day/reset felt annoying.

No. People are losing interest on the game because of stagnation, so having trouble getting a full guild group. And if forced to fill with PUG'ers, Heroic progression is a no-go.

No it didnt help...It just allowed us to kill heroic Garrosh without a 2nd transition phase. I've noticed that people will pass on minor upgrades and only go for best in slot items because the cost to upgrade to 4/4 is too high.

Yes definitely did . 50 odd wipes on spoils without getting to second rooms , first raid with upgrades downed it in 5 tries .

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DizzyMonk View Post
    No it didnt help...It just allowed us to kill heroic Garrosh without a 2nd transition phase. I've noticed that people will pass on minor upgrades and only go for best in slot items because the cost to upgrade to 4/4 is too high.
    Which isn't really a issue when you're in a 14/14 guild.

We were stuck on h thok 10m for almost 2-3 months. But that was more to roster issues and keeping stable raiders. We walked in today with 2 trials and killed in 5 pulls. Felt pretty bad.

I had hoped gear level upgrades would help us this week, but I forgot we were also transitioning from 10 man to first week of 25 man raids. It didn't go very well at all. Bosses that have been on farm for months denied us.

The ilvl increase isn't going to help a ton for a few weeks...at most people were able to upgrade 6 2/4 pieces to 4/4 IF they were valor capped the very first week from the week prior. I suppose if people valor capped the week of, they would be able to get 8 pieces total 4/4 the first week, but pretty sure that wasn't enough to help people. Besides, who valor caps before a raid? Refining the H Siegecrafter strat is what helped my group down him. Think we did it in 120ish pulls. Ilvl upgrade didn't help. Since most people in my group ignored it.
    Last edited by Chipskunk; 2014-05-29 at 06:10 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Chipskunk View Post
    The ilvl increase isn't going to help a ton for a few weeks...at most people were able to upgrade 6 2/4 pieces to 4/4 IF they were valor capped the very first week from the week prior. I suppose if people valor capped the week of, they would be able to get 8 pieces total 4/4 the first week, but pretty sure that wasn't enough to help people. Besides, who valor caps before a raid? Refining the H Siegecrafter strat is what helped my group down him. Think we did it in 120ish pulls. Ilvl upgrade didn't help. Since most people in my group ignored it.
    Not using ilvl upgrades seems as if your raiders simply don't want to kill the boss....

Quote Originally Posted by haypil View Post
    Not using ilvl upgrades seems as if your raiders simply don't want to kill the boss....
    people are greedy - most wont use upgrades on hc (non wf) pieces untill they will be vp capped on 3k again - its just what human nature is.
    and i think blizzard intention was exackly like this - so its gradual nerf over next 8-10 weeks not imidiate 10% nerf on week 1 of 5.4.8 .
    and ye it can be ironic but it had biggest impact on 14/14 hc guilds mostly casue they already had most of gear they wanted before it landed now they only hunt for bis so they can allow themselves not to burn any vp for next couple of weeks since in reality they didnt need any of upgrades in first place

and about upgrades - they definetly help with progress in manner that instead to clear 8-9 hc bosses on wednesday my team now clears 11 so we have whole 2 nights on progress which helps a lot (no more situations when due to certain most important people no-shows due to rl farm extending to 2 night of painfull wipes leaving only 2 hours for progress since peopel are so dishearted by wiping that all they want is to kill garry and be done for the week ). people morale has risen too since they feel more powerfull with each weeks upgrades
    Last edited by kamuimac; 2014-05-29 at 07:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    Wow, it is amazing you guys kept going 3+ months of wiping on one boss is almost always a death sentence for the raid.
    I would have to state it more like this:

3+ months of wiping on one boss is almost always a death sentence for "OMFG-I-NEED-IT-NOW!" -minded players. Some of us remember when 3 months on the same boss (was not fun nor a good sign... but) was a challenge.

None of us (myself included) really have that kind of time any more.... so it's not really acceptable.

But... ever since WotLK dropped... this has never even happened nor been a consideration. Although Heroic Yogg (+0) was quite the beast to overcome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Komie View Post
    They still say Cata needs a lot of work, and this expansion (edit for reference: MoP) is in the final stages.
    Quoted for... truth? on 11/30/2011.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chipskunk View Post
    You should also be disenchanting any future upgrades for those raiders who refuse to upgrade their gear. If they are perfectly content with their current gear they don't need a thing, right?

My team wiped on heroic norushen a few times at 3% and than after the upgrades we thought we would walk right over him and we wiped at 9% over and over with same group not sure how we went backwards but we did.

~5% dps increase isn't going to help people who aren't wiping at ~5%.

10+ Year Old Account
    Moon guard finally got its realm first heroic garrosh kill with the new upgrades
    You're a towel.

Nope. Still wiping on H Malk; up to about 200 wipes total now. Killed him twice but now it feels like we're doing progression again. A little ilvl increase wont make people do mechanics correctly unfortunately.

If you're doing progression still, you should be using all your VP for the maximum possible performance gain that week. It seems like the people that aren't seeing improvement just aren't using their upgrades. If you happen to get a BiS item, you probably shouldn't upgrade it right away; compare its value of going 0/4 > 4/4 vs going 2/4 > 4/4 on two of your existing items. It's unlikely the 0/4 will come out ahead unless you only have rings/bracers/necks left at 2/4 and just got a new weapon/trinket.

If you were vigilant in capping VP and came into the patch at 3k and upgraded gear for the highest performance that week, you should have an extra 5 ilvls by now. That's an extra 5-8% DPS/HPS/Survivability across your raid. There's no way that hasn't helped progression. You may not have killed a new boss yet, but you should have gotten closer.

If you're already 14/14H and getting bored, sure, just use your VP "efficiently" (upgrade BiS items, then pool 3k before upgrading items with the potential to be replaced). This is highly ineffective for increasing your performance week-to-week, though. It will only save you time VP capping by the end of your BiS gearing (which could take months or just never happen anyways).
    Last edited by Squirl; 2014-05-30 at 09:04 PM.

Bonus upgrades are pointless. Bad players still won't be able to get far. If they were struggling at a 5% H wipe for H malk then sure they will eventually get their kill but then they will just hit another wall at spoils.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Nope, but that's probably because I'm not on the raid team anymore.
    For me it's boosted my item level by 4 (My ilvl is 1 higher than my sig ingame) which is good for solo stuff.