Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ktperry View Post
    Now i seriously want to start playing my mage again and change it to pandaren, just to get that tmog.
    It instantly reminded me of that really fat, short, race in Mass Effect whose name I can't remember because I thought they were all assholes *racist/specieist towards them*.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilderness View Post
    The ability to choose your stats as a human will definitely be nice.

But there was never any other option than human for me because the time saved with the rep bonus is easily worth more to me than the small dps gains from other races - particularly at the brutal daily-fest that was the beginning of MoP.
    Human in WoD will have nothing but useful stats and a useful active, which is always nice. Most other races have some "eh" level actives, but the trinket will remain useful in anything you're doing, even if it's not PvP.

Seriously, to any Humans out there who raids and doesn't use Every Man, the next time you get even slightly CC'd (2s stun, a slow/daze, etc), just pop it and see how awesome it is. It BREAKS many mechanics on fights.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

I think they were the Volus or something like that. The ones in the suits that do andarth vader esque breathing sound?

Quote Originally Posted by Malzra View Post
    I think they were the Volus or something like that. The ones in the suits that do andarth vader esque breathing sound?
    Yeah, idr the exact name of the species (I knew it started with a V), but you're referring to them.

Totally hated them, and why I hate the Firelord hood even more on a Panda. Looks just like the damn things x.x;
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    Yeah, idr the exact name of the species (I knew it started with a V), but you're referring to them.

Totally hated them, and why I hate the Firelord hood even more on a Panda. Looks just like the damn things x.x;
    Volus felt like the goblins of mass effect.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Quote Originally Posted by Darkvoltinx View Post
    Volus felt like the goblins of mass effect.
    Krogans = Orc

Salarian = Gnome

Asari = Space Elves

Quarians = Ethereals (kinda stretching on this one)

Not sure what I'd compare any of the others to.

Deleted
    Best alliance race for mage now = gnome (female).

Best alliance race for mage in WoD = gnome (female).

Quote Originally Posted by Kookies View Post
    Best alliance race for mage now = gnome (female).

Best alliance race for mage in WoD = gnome (female).
    are you being biased?

Deleted
    are you being biased?
    Maybe a little

Quote Originally Posted by Kookies View Post
    Maybe a little
    i dont blame you. i was being biased when i said Draenei but gnomes is my 2nd favorite alliance race. so that one is fine too.

i dont blame you. i was being biased when i said Draenei but gnomes is my 2nd favorite alliance race. so that one is fine too.
    Slightly biased with Human, but it's a fact that they will be the best all-around race. May not be most optimal, but they have a useful-in-all-areas-of-play Active, stats that you get to pick (possibly even Mastery, Multistrike, and Versatility, which no other race gets), a time-saving passive for any completionist and/or person doing a rep grind, and armor looks amazing on them because most armor is made using the human model.

Plus, well, they don't have terrible animations

Slightly biased with Human, but it's a fact that they will be the best all-around race. May not be most optimal, but they have a useful-in-all-areas-of-play Active, stats that you get to pick (possibly even Mastery, Multistrike, and Versatility, which no other race gets), a time-saving passive for any completionist and/or person doing a rep grind, and armor looks amazing on them because most armor is made using the human model.

Yeah, human and draenei look like they'll be good for any spec no matter what, int buff for draenei which all mages can use and humans choosing secondaries. I'm curious to see how useful the draenei heal will be after its buff, but diplomacy alone may well blow everything else out of the water.

I'm curious to see how useful the draenei heal will be after its buff, but diplomacy alone may well blow everything else out of the water.
    The Draenei heal will be significantly stronger, but still overall not worth picking over another race for it alone.

Diplomacy is only useful until you're done grinding rep. Basically, it's worthless for me outside of WSG/AB because I believe those are the only reputations I don't have at exalted (except Bloodsail Buccaneers because I'm not a masochist. Also the Centaur clans because they're not only pointless, but I think they were removed with the Cataclysm revamp of Desolace)

meh. i still think humans should be the jack of all trades but master of none race.

meh. i still think humans should be the jack of all trades but master of none race.
    True though it may be a bit weak if they said, say, give humans .2% of all five core secondaries.

Erm, that's what "all-around" means, similar to how Druid will always be the best "all-around" class because it gives you literally every role in one class.

As for master of none, well, that's a bit debatable, plus they're a class.

Also, "Master of None" is really extreme for an extremely marginal DPS increase.

PS: With the added Stat Attunements, anyone with Multistrike or Mastery as their attunement will get more from the racial if they're Human.

Exactly, and since you have an extra 15k mana, your mana % will ALWAYS be higher than if you were another race, meaning Arcane's Mastery will always benefit more as a Gnome, assuming you were do the exact same thing as any other race. For example: Let's just ASSUME in this scenario, you're at 100% mana and that's 100k mana (105k for Gnome). Arcane Blast costs 10k mana. So, as a Gnome after 1 ABL, you will have 95k mana, which is 90.48% (95k/105k), while as ANY other race, you would be at 90k mana, which is 90% (90k/100k), so your mana % would be higher as a Gnome, meaning Mastery benefits more as a Gnome.

Troll, but Tauren if Tauren could be Mages. BElf isn't too bad; if they had Haste instead of Crit, they'd be on par with Gnomes for Arcane. Because they don't though, they're definitely worse. Arcane Torrent is pointless for non-Arcane due to Fire/Frost not having to deal with mana.
    I thought spells were based off % mana? Or is it base mana before racials/metagems etc?

Also the crit damage won't be better until later when you have more crit, so for the first and possibly second tier Dwarf will be less valuable than the last.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zdrasti View Post
    He's telling you upfront what's going to take. It's not ninja looting. It's pirate looting! YAARRRR!!!

Deleted
    True though it may be a bit weak if they said, say, give humans .2% of all five core secondaries.
    No they shouldn't. Just because they coincidentally happen to also populate Earth doesn't mean they have to be made the weakest in the game. If anything, gnomes should be the weakest, being so small.

Quote Originally Posted by Teebu View Post
    I thought spells were based off % mana? Or is it base mana before racials/metagems etc?
    Base Mana. If it wasn't base, non-Priest healers, Boomkins, and Elemental Shamans would go OoM after 3-4 spellcasts because their base mana is ~60k and going healer/caster spec gives them a 5x multiplier on their mana. Their base casts are fairly expensive because they don't want non-casters/healers to be able to cast a ton of spells, which is why Priest base casts seems significantly cheaper, but they're not actually.

Also, if it wasn't base, the bonuses that give extra mana would make literally no sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Teebu View Post
    Also the crit damage won't be better until later when you have more crit, so for the first and possibly second tier Dwarf will be less valuable than the last.
    While true, it'll still be good because it increases your maximum potential for DPS (for Fire especially).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    No they shouldn't. Just because they coincidentally happen to also populate Earth doesn't mean they have to be made the weakest in the game. If anything, gnomes should be the weakest physically being so small.
    Fix't that for you

Erm, that's what "all-around" means, similar to how Druid will always be the best "all-around" class because it gives you literally every role in one class.

As for master of none, well, that's a bit debatable, plus they're a class.

Also, "Master of None" is really extreme for an extremely marginal DPS increase.

PS: With the added Stat Attunements, anyone with Multistrike or Mastery as their attunement will get more from the racial if they're Human.
    i meant that more from a lore perceptive.
    anyway i just noticed my alliance server is being connected so looks like i will be making another alliance mage.
    probably gnome or night elf.

i meant that more from a lore perceptive.
    Oh, sorry, I thought we were still talking about stats.

And from a lore perspective, that's the definition of a Human. FTL also agrees, and I'd assume almost any game with multiple races where only ONE is "Humans" would do the same. Humans are the perfect "base" race.