Page 1 of 10
... LastLast

Heartstrike - He Gone.

Did I read that right?

Heart Strike has been removed. Blood Death Knights should use Pestilence in its place.
    Blood Boil is now Pestilence and no Heart Strike or Rune Strike.

Uhh ZZZZZZzzzzzzz........

That will be my DK tank come WoD.
    --------------------------------------------------
    Sathir, Dreadlord of Greenmist
    AKA Bigokk from FFXI

Read My Lips: No New Content -Mike Morhaime, 2016 US Presidential Candidate
    WWCGD (What Would Ghostcrawler Do)? Unsub.

Quote Originally Posted by DarthMetatron View Post
    Did I read that right?
    Not really. Blood Boil now replaces both Heart Strike and Pestilence, filling where they used to. Given this is AOE filler vs AOE filler, and HS was crappy by comparison, I can see an argument that it is a loss, but not exactly a strong one.

Rune Strike is replaced with Death Coil, at the same RP cost that RS traditionally had. Since this replaces an X cost RP filler with an X cost RP filler that works at range, this is overall a buff to the class without significantly changing rotation.

So, both of those are not "removed", they are combining multiple otherwise fairly uninteresting choices into one, using the "best" features of all the combined things.

Also, DK is not the place to look for rotational complexity, since they devs prefer it to have complex resource management. Look to monk tanking for rotational complexity and simple resources. (Note: these are the dev views, and may not reflect my own, though I do generally agree.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't care if they think they're removing uninteresting choices. I'm not happy that they're taking away Heart Strike.

Blizzard keep removing skills just for the sake of removing some

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SlippyCheeze View Post
    Not really. Blood Boil now replaces both Heart Strike and Pestilence, filling where they used to. Given this is AOE filler vs AOE filler, and HS was crappy by comparison, I can see an argument that it is a loss, but not exactly a strong one.

Rune Strike is replaced with Death Coil, at the same RP cost that RS traditionally had. Since this replaces an X cost RP filler with an X cost RP filler that works at range, this is overall a buff to the class without significantly changing rotation.

So, both of those are not "removed", they are combining multiple otherwise fairly uninteresting choices into one, using the "best" features of all the combined things.

Also, DK is not the place to look for rotational complexity, since they devs prefer it to have complex resource management. Look to monk tanking for rotational complexity and simple resources. (Note: these are the dev views, and may not reflect my own, though I do generally agree.
    It's about thematics though it's true that this is a straight buff but it makes Blood DKs lose any sense of character as they have as the brute DK spec. Right now a Blood DK uses his or her weapon for most everything, the Blood DK approach to defeating a foe is using vampiric life regeneration to absorb their blows while destroying them with overwhelmingly devastating attacks with a massive weapon. Frost uses frost magic, unholy uses minions and diseases whereas blood is nothing with these changes, they aren't the melee fighters they used to be they're throwing weak death coils and making weeny waves come out of their opponents.

What is next? Obliterate and Scourge Strike removed and replaced with more spells? WTF is going on around here. Might as well just take away the plate armor from DKs and make us wear dresses and wield wands.

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    I don't care if they think they're removing uninteresting choices. I'm not happy that they're taking away Heart Strike.
    I'm with you on this, Heart strike is just a part of blood to me. Taking it away is taking away the feel of the class in terms of theme. Hell its been there from the start hasn't it? (my memory is foggy as its been so long now, feels like its always been there. Hell my "2" key has always been Heart Strike when I'm blood for as long as I can remember)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skarssen View Post
    What is next? Obliterate and Scourge Strike removed and replaced with more spells? WTF is going on around here. Might as well just take away the plate armor from DKs and make us wear dresses and wield wands.
    That was a lot of exxagerations and hyperbole. Sheez, I dunno if I like Heartstrike leaving but sheez.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lagmonster View Post
    I'm with you on this, Heart strike is just a part of blood to me. Taking it away is taking away the feel of the class in terms of theme. Hell its been there from the start hasn't it? (my memory is foggy as its been so long now, feels like its always been there. Hell my "2" key has always been Heart Strike when I'm blood for as long as I can remember)
    It was a talent that changed Blood Strike into Heart Strike, but yes...it's been a mainstay of blood since inception.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    That was a lot of exxagerations and hyperbole. Sheez, I dunno if I like Heartstrike leaving but sheez.

Was it? Blood now has ONE WEAPON STRIKE!!!!!! Unholy doesn't have anything that doesn't hit like a wet noodle, and 2h frost....they only true melee spec DK's have left, will be left behind again (if it isn't removed completely) as DW pulls ahead.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skarssen View Post
    Was it? Blood now has ONE WEAPON STRIKE!!!!!! Unholy doesn't have anything that doesn't hit like a wet noodle, and 2h frost....they only true melee spec DK's have left, will be left behind again (if it isn't removed completely) as DW pulls ahead.
    Ok and? I get you're frustrated but arguing in big exxagerations and hyperbole isn't going to help. I don't know WHY Heartstrike is going but I think it's better to temper the frustration. Same when the changes for DK's not having Deathcoil for Frost or whatever and even AoTD and Raise Dead.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Deleted
    They forgot to add something to the alpha notes:

Fun - Removed.

Quote Originally Posted by SlippyCheeze View Post

They are further simplifying an already stupidly simple tank rotation (priority).

Are DC and Pestilence going to be able to help us hold agro? Unless they up the modifiers, I think this will be an issue.

On top of that, severely hindering our potential to do damage.
    AKA Bigokk from FFXI

From a kit perspective, yes heart strike was key to Blood spec. From a gameplay perspective, it makes sense to prune it in favor of the new Pestilence.

How would you keep Heart Strike? Like it is now, hitting slightly harder than blood boil for the same cost, with a weak cleave?

Or you could prune Pestilence and give it to Heart Strike, letting HS spread diseases and hit all targets in an AE, that would work... but then what about Unholy spec?

I think they made the right choice here.

I still think upping heart strike to be competitive and not a slightly slight harder hitting blood boil would be a better route

I mean, blood runes are the least important rune overall for blood, that's wierd. Plus getting into situations like animus or garrosh p3 it's nice to have an option that doesn't cleave.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Challenge View Post
    I still think upping heart strike to be competitive and not a slightly slight harder hitting blood boil would be a better route

I mean, blood runes are the least important rune overall for blood, that's wierd. Plus getting into situations like animus or garrosh p3 it's nice to have an option that doesn't cleave.
    Cleave aside, there are times when people are MC'd. Let me tell you, it sucks already to hold off BB procs on Garrosh to refresh (D&D is down) to avoid diseasing my raid team . HS comes in handy then.

Cleave aside, there are times when people are MC'd. Let me tell you, it sucks already to hold off BB procs on Garrosh to refresh (D&D is down) to avoid diseasing my raid team . HS comes in handy then.
    Exactly. Times like this we are going to stand there with our fingers you know where. "Well I used to be able to help"
    AKA Bigokk from FFXI

You can use Soul Reaper in those situations to consume the blood rune. It still hits 1 target and costs 1B. Won't refresh diseases, though, admittedly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    You can use Soul Reaper in those situations to consume the blood rune. It still hits 1 target and costs 1B. Won't refresh diseases, though, admittedly.
    Soul Reaper does virtually nothing if the target is above 35% health.

I will adapt like always.