Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Edinburgh, Scotland. You know, that place with the castle.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFuse View Post
    Nothing will happen, Texas is a shithole state filled with shithole dwelling inbreds.

And law enforcement was involved. Pigs are above the law.

E: Welcome to Murica.
    This comment is disgusting on so many levels.

But mainly on the one where you're dismissing an entire state full of people, as well as all of law enforcement in a country of over 300 million people.

This is just...eugh. I feel my IQ dropping like a stone just looking at this shit.

Quote Originally Posted by stuartj1992 View Post
    This comment is disgusting on so many levels.

But mainly on the one where you're dismissing an entire state full of people, as well as all of law enforcement in a country of over 300 million people.

This is just...eugh. I feel my IQ dropping like a stone just looking at this shit.
    Your IQ still can't be as low as the average IQ of Texas.

/rimshot

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Politicians and law makers don't care about a baby after it's born, only when it's in the womb. This will get swept under the rug and those involved will get a slap on the wrist.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

Quote Originally Posted by Stop Pretending View Post
    Why is it when you read stupid shit of this magnitude, it happens in one of two states.

I can't even begin to fathom the amount of fucking stupidity that this jail operates under. Not one fucking person was smart enough to stop and say " oh hey, she's going into labor, might want to oh i dunno, get her some actual medical treatment " Fuck everyone who was a part of this. Every single last one of them should be fired, be held responsible for what ever damages the state will incur do to this huge ass settlement. The " Doctor ", should have charges brought up, and and should have to serve some form of prison time. I rarely get pissed off when reading a story, but this is of of those times.
    yeh, the state should give loads of money to a criminal who a thief, and a drug user, this will improve the state of Texas immensely, mostly by allowing this drug user to buy a lot more drugs get pregnant again and bring up drug using children.

nothing was lost from our gene pool its ok.

if she was in there for drugs, its a good chance the baby had shit chances to begin with.

Something something basic human rights.

Quote Originally Posted by zhero View Post
    if she was in there for drugs, its a good chance the baby had shit chances to begin with.
    That means 0. It shouldn't have happened.

10+ Year Old Account
    Jeeeeesus. If she's telling the truth, some people better be looking at spending some time behind bars.

Quote Originally Posted by Zvinny View Post
    Jeeeeesus. If she's telling the truth, some people better be looking at spending some time behind bars.
    Yeah, I don't think getting fired is enough. If the baby had no signs of birth defects or issues during her past pregnancy exams and they can prove the baby would have been born totally fine, the captain or LT in charge on duty should get manslaughter/negligent homicide charges.

10+ Year Old Account
    I feel no sympathy for the mother, but the death of the child is square on the feet of the officers and nurse. More than likely nothing will happen to them.

Quote Originally Posted by Templar 331 View Post
    I feel no sympathy for the mother, but the death of the child is square on the feet of the officers and nurse. More than likely nothing will happen to them.
    Curious why you say that. Are you saying that being arrested and in jail for drugs morally justifies having a family member (the baby) who is innocent in this scenario die?
    Last edited by Chingylol; 2014-05-24 at 03:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chingylol View Post
    Curious why you say that. Are you saying that being arrested and in jail for drugs justifies having a family member (the baby) who is innocent in this scenario die?
    it can cause you to have the baby taken away from you permanently, or the baby being addicted to a drug before it is even born.

so you can lose a family member or fuck up their life so you can put a large amount of blame on the mother even if things went as usual and she had the baby in hospital.

Quote Originally Posted by tiporispit View Post
    For all we know, she purposely hid the delivery from cops. That's why we have a court system to determine these things.

If the cops have culpability, then everyone should be charged with the appropriate crime, including this criminal who took part in her baby's death. I notice they left out which drug. I think that's rather relevant, if the claim is the baby was healthy. If she's a crack whore, then that's highly unlikely. At the very least, SHE created the entire situation by committing a crime while pregnant. Criminal negligence that resulted in the death of a baby.
    Whatever crime that woman committed, she had already been charged and convicted for. If the state felt she had put her child in danger with her actions, then they would have charged her for it at the time. They didn't. If the facts of the case determine that it was the actions (or lack thereof) of prison staff that led to that child's death, then what the mother did to get into prison is irrelevant. Whatever she was and whatever she did, the state still had a responsibility to her and her child. IF (again, key word here, pending the facts of the case) they ignored that responsibility, then it is all on them. Pure and simple.

Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    yeh, the state should give loads of money to a criminal who a thief, and a drug user, this will improve the state of Texas immensely, mostly by allowing this drug user to buy a lot more drugs get pregnant again and bring up drug using children.

nothing was lost from our gene pool its ok.
    Sorry, none of those transgressions should have anything to do with being able to have a child. Jail fucked up, stop shifting blame.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chingylol View Post
    Curious why you say that. Are you saying that being arrested and in jail for drugs justifies having a family member (the baby) who is innocent in this scenario die?
    No, the child was innocent and deserved to live even if the mother was a criminal. Why I feel no sympathy for her is because of her actions, she put herself in this situation. Had she been a law abiding citizen, she wouldn't of had this misfortune. If she truly cared about the child, she wouldn't be doing illegal things like being in possession of illegal drugs or theft.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWalkinDude View Post
    I bet she wasn't going and getting regular checkups. My mother runs the prenatal department for a pretty large health insurance company and you'd be amazed at how many Medicaid types never see a doctor until they're in labor or something has obviously gone wrong.

She obviously couldn't afford a good lawyer if she was in jail for posession as some want us to believe. Which is indicative that she was poor, and was either without insurance or on Medicaid.
    it says right in the article she had a check up that day, before the labor started.

Quote Originally Posted by Templar 331 View Post
    No, the child was innocent and deserved to live even if the mother was a criminal. Why I feel no sympathy for her is because of her actions, she put herself in this situation. Had she been a law abiding citizen, she wouldn't of had this misfortune. If she truly cared about the child, she wouldn't be doing illegal things like being in possession of illegal drugs or theft.
    Had the doctor done their job, this would all be a non issue.

Google'd her name and her county and found her charges.

http://www.bustedmugshots.com/texas/...012/january/03

Capias Pro Fine - Burglary Of A Vehcile
    Capias Pro Fine - Theft Prop >=50<500
    Capias Pro Fine - Theft Prop>=50<500
    Capias Pro Fine - Possession Of Drug Paraphernalia

edit: article says she was arrested and booked on June 2nd, but the above is for January of that year. She must have committed another crime. Or could have been something for like not showing up for court/probation or along those lines. Haven't found anything about the June 2nd charges.
    Last edited by Chingylol; 2014-05-24 at 03:12 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stop Pretending View Post
    Had the doctor done their job, this would all be a non issue.
    I agree. And because of him/her an innocent child died.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWalkinDude View Post
    I bet she wasn't going and getting regular checkups. My mother runs the prenatal department for a pretty large health insurance company and you'd be amazed at how many Medicaid types never see a doctor until they're in labor or something has obviously gone wrong.

She obviously couldn't afford a good lawyer if she was in jail for posession as some want us to believe. Which is indicative that she was poor, and was either without insurance or on Medicaid.

But all that aside, if her claims are true, she was harmed by the state. I know most people on here love to take the first thing they get and run with it ( I'm thinking of all the people who claimed Zimmerman was racist cause of msnbc), but hopefully some of you are willing to wait for both sides and the facts.
    If she was in jail, no, she wasn't going and getting regular checkups other than what they allowed her to have. But since her last checkup said the baby was fine, no defects or problems, that's concerning. Since they should have been able to see that the cord was around its neck, I'd think.
    Tiriél US-Stormrage

Signature by Shyama