10+ Year Old Account

Making a comeback! or maybe not...?

Hi all,
    My name is Michel and Ive been playing Wow for ages, but stopped a few months ago due to shear boredom and lack of new content. I've pretty much doen most of the games content, clearing SoO, done the challenge modes, a bit of pvp, scenario's, all quests. I haven't starten doing heroic just yet. I might still have some achievement i might wanna do. Im currently at a loss, I have resubbed before but stopped after a few days. So instead id like to ask you gids for some advice on this matter? Is there currently anything wordt coming back for or some things i could or should do?
    Last edited by Zaphiron; 2014-05-25 at 10:27 PM.

If you arent a heroic progression raider I fail to understand how you can have any fun in a game where your "content" is over the week it comes out =/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    If you arent a heroic progression raider I fail to understand how you can have any fun in a game where your "content" is over the week it comes out =/
    What's the point of this post other than to say unless you're a heroic progression raider you might as well quit?

OT: There isn't anything new right now save for the 6.0 patch coming... Soon (tm). So if it was boring a bit ago it's still gonna be boring now.

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    What's the point of this post other than to say unless you're a heroic progression raider you might as well quit?

OT: There isn't anything new right now save for the 6.0 patch coming... Soon (tm). So if it was boring a bit ago it's still gonna be boring now.
    bleh u have to stick it out with your raid team to carry on to the next. Never get anywhere disbanding raid teams and quitting between tiers. Doesn't mean you have to play

Deleted
    There is nothing new despite maybe the fact that SoO is now doable with xrealm-groups on both normal and heroic difficulty which maybe results in more PuGs that aim to do content that you haven't done yet.

Other than that you are probably better off waiting a couple more months.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaphiron View Post
    Hi all,
    My name is Michel and Ive been playing Wow for ages, but stopped a few months ago due to shear boredom and lack of new content. I've pretty much doen most of the games content, clearing SoO, done the challenge modes, a bit of pvp, scenario's, all quests. I haven't starten doing heroic just yet. I might still have some achievement i might wanna do. Im currently at a loss, I have resubbed before but stopped after a few days. So instead id like to ask you gids for some advice on this matter? Is there currently anything wordt coming back for or some things i could or should do?
    No, stay unsubbed until WoD. Go try Wildstar next weekend, or any of the other billion games. Go buy a Nintendo Wii-U or 3DS and enjoy those awesome games, load up steam and purchase some great games off there.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaphiron View Post
    Hi all,
    Hey, I was in your shoes until about a week ago, when after being unsubbed for 3 months I've decided to come back to familiar environments - a bit of nostalgia really. I fully intend to unsub again after this feeling goes away, and the next 3 months break will probably last me till 6.0 for sure!

To answer your question (as I had exactly the same one), here is what I came back for:

My main motivation is leveling an alt. Yes, I have a ton, one of each class and I even deleted a couple of 90s to make space for new ones - it was a while ago. Right now leveling a new DK on a different server. Not seeing my horde of well geared "mains" on my old server did make it feel like a new-ish game, believe it or not. This might work for you too - try it.

My secondary motivation is getting rare stuff I always wanted - e.g. Anzu mount.

Cheers.

It's nostalgia getting to you. Everybody gets those itches.

Honestly, you're best staying unsubbed until 6.0 because I almost guarantee you after a couple hours you'll be bored and remember why you unsubbed

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for all the comments guys, they really did help me.
    Now for Thessik-Irontail I already own a Wii-U and 3DS, but i just felt like playing Wow again.
    But was curious if I had missed anything and if i'd come back what I should do.
    Most people here are right i'll prolly get bored agian after playing again, but seeing what is comming got me exited to prepair for it.
    So i'll probabaly play for a month and then just sit tight for WoD to come :P

So again thx for all the help guys