Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mental Surge View Post
    You know.. ADDING CONENT every few months.
    Yeah we probably lost a raid tier (thats alot of CONENT!) because they put a new mount in the store.

I'd personally prefer if they added more that were achievable through ingame actions but such is life. Getting my panties in a knot over it is pointless, its the way game models are moving.

10+ Year Old Account
    There are no intelligent people that understand the first thing about business who think WoW is about to go F2P, or that it needs to.

There are over 200 mounts in the game. There are roughly 9 in the store. Your concerns are so frankly stupid I feel I have lessened my life somewhat by reply to this thread.

You HAVE to have more important things in your life to talk about.
    I thought what I'd do was, I'd pretend I was one of those deaf-mutes
    Or should I?

Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    You know Blizzard employees wont be mad if you speak out against the Store. You can disagree with things Blizzard does.

It continuously boggles my mind why you would pay an initial fee and a sub fee, then think its alright to have content gated behind additional store purchases. They'll only get away with as much as you let them.
    Content????? Mounts arnt content , they are a way to explore the content, and guess what , the SEVEN store mounts don't get you from A to B any quicker then the over 300 mounts that have been/ are obtainable in game. There is nothing prestigious about having a certain mount --hell its a computer game , there is nothing prestigious in it at all

Store barely has much of anything in it. Level boosts are the only real controversial thing imo and those will be much less so when the level cap is 100 I would imagine.

Quote Originally Posted by Stonecloak View Post
    It kind of does have an effect on everyone. I'm not saying it has to bother you, but when the store mounts are the best looking and easiest to get if you pony up cash. Then it will continue in this direction for everything, not only mounts. In a sub game I don't think it's merited to also have a growing store with the best looking items. It really is double dipping at this point.
    People do not realize that art assets are being spent on cash shop mounts over in game ones.
    Chronomancer Club

Deleted
    My biggest beef with the micro-transaction vanity items is the price of some of this shit - you can purchase entire games for £15 - how can they justify this sort of money for ONE 3D model? The most expensive any of this tosh should be is £1.50 - £2.

Quote Originally Posted by Xisa View Post
    There are no intelligent people that understand the first thing about business who think WoW is about to go F2P, or that it needs to.

There are over 200 mounts in the game. There are roughly 9 in the store. Your concerns are so frankly stupid I feel I have lessened my life somewhat by reply to this thread.

You HAVE to have more important things in your life to talk about.
    Actually somebody who throws out the word intelligent and proceeds to make zero points to support a phantom argument with zero bearing sounds unintelligent to me, but proceed to rant for all anyone cares. The developers even said it would make sense after some time. You sound like a kid who's precious mmo isn't all he's imagined.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by cityguy193 View Post
    People do not realize that art assets are being spent on cash shop mounts over in game ones.
    Yea it's weird but they don't. I keep hearing the raid joke as in a raid tier was sacrificed. Which is a weak argument. In game mounts are suffering because of it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Goit View Post
    My biggest beef with the micro-transaction vanity items is the price of some of this shit - you can purchase entire games for £15 - how can they justify this sort of money for ONE 3D model? The most expensive any of this tosh should be is £1.50 - £2.
    It's compulsion. Players are just willing to throw money at Blizzard without thinking of the reprocutions. Just think about that pop culture saying too. The "shut up and take my money" quote is quite sick and promotes brainless consumerism.

It kind of does have an effect on everyone. I'm not saying it has to bother you, but when the store mounts are the best looking and easiest to get if you pony up cash. Then it will continue in this direction for everything, not only mounts. In a sub game I don't think it's merited to also have a growing store with the best looking items. It really is double dipping at this point.
    "Best looking" is of course subjective. I don't find any of them to be appealing.

Quote Originally Posted by Louis CK View Post
    "Best looking" is of course subjective. I don't find any of them to be appealing.
    Yea it is, but anyone can see there is an effort to make the store mounts more appealing than most In game mounts. I'm not going in circles with this though. To me it's obvious where it's going.

Yea it is, but anyone can see there is an effort to make the store mounts more appealing than most In game mounts. I'm not going in circles with this though. To me it's obvious where it's going.
    Yeah, but I wouldn't say "more appealing".... Maybe "as appealing" but there's definitely nothing about them that screams "more effort" or "more appeal".

If the mounts did something special or had different features or abilities than ingame mounts did, then I could see the extra effort, but I think they're just "other" mounts, nothing special about them. If you like the look, you like the look, I just don't see anything about store mounts that would indicate anything "more appealing".

For instance, if as much work, or pizazz if you will, was put into store stuff as is put into something like the new CM weapons, then yeah, I could agree that they're "more appealing" and even "too appealing to pass up", but the store is just "other" options, not "better" options.

/shrug
    Last edited by Louis CK; 2014-05-25 at 02:32 AM.

I never liked store mounts and I honestly don't see many people using them either.
    Quote Originally Posted by RedGamer030 View Post
    I do not need to be constructive in this thread, nor provide an argument. There is nothing here to actually debate. Your reasoning is flawed and thusly you have no argument.
    ↑ Epitome of Internet Logic

Quote Originally Posted by PrairieChicken View Post
    I never liked store mounts and I honestly don't see many people using them either.
    I see dozens on them the day they're released... and then I think people realize "oh shit... everyone else has it, I'm going back to the mount I like" and you don't see them again.

Quote Originally Posted by Louis CK View Post
    Yeah, but I wouldn't say "more appealing".... Maybe "as appealing" but there's definitely nothing about them that screams "more effort" or "more appeal".

If the mounts did something special or had different features or abilities than ingame mounts did, then I could see the extra effort, but I think they're just "other" mounts, nothing special about them. If you like the look, you like the look, I just don't see anything about store mounts that would indicate anything "more appealing".

For instance, if as much work, or pizazz if you will, was put into store stuff as is put into something like the new CM weapons, then yeah, I could agree that they're "more appealing" and even "too appealing too pass up", but the store is just "other" options, not "better" options.

/shrug
    Well then we should agree to disagree. As far as mounts go I think besides that weird reindeer mount. All the store mounts would be considered the better looking ones. Even if they are not the point is that they should be in-game to achieve.

I don't even notice the store. It's like an ability bloat, a couple extra buttons, that do something uninteresting, that I never use.

There's a big difference between "findable" and "in your face," and the store is not "in your face."

If it bothers you that some glitzy mounts you'd like to have are available in the store, well, that's something different than the store being "in your face."

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Let the store become prominent if it means wow going free-to-play. That is the lesser of two evils in my opinion.

Just don't give the store any more game crutches than it already has i.e. the lvl 90 boost.
    Man, I've got bags under my eyes... BAGS OF MONEY!
    See ya later, peasants.

Praise The Sun!

Deleted
    Sad times when players defend money-hungry behaviour from companies. Blizzard has no reason to have a cash-shop when the game has a subscription fee. They've already crossed the pay-to-win line with instant 90's. When the transition is slow enough, players will accept anything. Some voices try to explain what's really going on but they are silenced by ignorance and fanboyism.

And no, it's not the end of the world (of warcraft), it's just where the whole industry is headed... that doesn't mean gamers have to shut up and eat it, or defend it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tolkien View Post
    Sad times when players defend money-hungry behaviour from companies. Blizzard has no reason to have a cash-shop when the game has a subscription fee. They've already crossed the pay-to-win line with instant 90's. When the transition is slow enough, players will accept anything. Some voices try to explain what's really going on but they are silenced by ignorance and fanboyism.

And no, it's not the end of the world (of warcraft), it's just where the whole industry is headed... that doesn't mean gamers have to shut up and eat it, or defend it.
    Thats just a bunch of garbage hyperbole.

Deleted
    Can we just loop back to the OP and realise that the whole thread is based on the assumption that these mounts are store mounts? It doesnt even matter if they and up being store bought or not, the problem is you are assuming.

WoW is not pay to win. Its not even moving towards pay to win. Blue posts explicitly state that they are striving to NOT be pay to win. If WoW does become pay to win, people will leave. They will vote with their wallets, which is what you should be doing now. If you don't like the store, dont use the store. Its really that simple. If you really disagree with their business policies, then unsubscribe and tell them why you did so. You think they don't care about lost subs? They sure as hell do. If people really share your viewpoint, then they will follow suit. If they dont, then youre in a minority.

My personal view is that the store is okay. I dont mind microtransactions for cosmetics. Ive never used the store for myself, but Ive recieved gifts and given gifts via it. Personally, I dont care about pets, the helms look ugly, and all the mounts look like crap. All the ingame mounts look better, and most people ride rare mounts for status anyway.

"The store is becoming obnoxious." It is rude to you, sticks its tongue out at you? Oh. It expects you to PAY for the goods it sells. Indeed, how rude of it. It should be like your local food store, you just walk in and take goods off the shelf no doubt.
    It is a shop not a give-away centre. Maybe grow up and get a job to pay for the goodies you want or ask for them as presents from your mummy.

Quote Originally Posted by Forsedar View Post
    Wait, so just because Blizzard makes a lot of money means that its crazy for them to have a store to purchase mounts and vanity items?

That is ridiculous. If people are using it (which they are), then why is it a horrible idea? Its another way for them to make money- but its not like the items even affect us. I don't like the mounts. I don't care about pets and the transmog helmets aren't crazy awesome looking enough to spend money on them (for me). However, people still pay so that is why they keep adding to it. Just because Blizzard is 100% fine without that store doesn't mean that its wrong of them to have it.

"Oh you make enough money from your full time job... how DARE you have a part time job to make more money! Shame!"
    People want everything and they don't want to pay for it. They firmly believe that their monthly subscription, in this case, entitles them to everything that blizzard makes. It would not be a stretch for some folks to believe, clearly, that because they pay a subscription to Blizzard for WoW they should also get all expansions to WoW, included, all developed items for WoW, included and likely any other game that Blizzard develops (i.e. Starcraft and Diablo) included. That's how their brains work.

They don't understand the concept of running a business, of various revenue streams to increase profits, the need for a company to have these streams and on top of that they rarely if ever consider that the other people in the game, i.e. the world, might actually not mind paying the prices the extra content is offered at. They might fully understand that the items and stuff are extra new items and new content that comes at a cost and if you want it, then you have to pay for it. That whole idea is foreign to them.

These are generally people who don't understand why they get laid off or fired from a company that isn't doing well. They're also the people who think that they should, by all counts, be granted whatever they want, when they want it. They likely got participation trophies as children.

Quote Originally Posted by slummish
    I don't get it. I've gone AFK a million times to blow my bf so he'd get off my back and let me raid. What's the problem here? People have sex...